GlzXs0A.jpeg

SOTN 16.09.22
/ Arno Ghost Tower Hellsea w. Oumo Silksmoke
/ Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille
/ Gillette Slim (6)
/ Personna Super (3)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

This Arno brush name is a bit of a mouthful, Ghost Tower being the shape and Hellsea the colorway. One thing to note is that they drill their holes pretty deep (17-18mm?) so I had to use 3 nylon washers for this Silksmoke knot which is in itself a short knot. It's small stature belied its density though, it performed well.

RMqDbOb.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Chanel Antaeus EDT

RMqDbOb.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Chanel Antaeus EDT

... and?

How was the new brush?

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD Mocha Matari, Yemen

I was missing my preciousss Yardley, so I decided to take a break from my samples for the weekend...

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD Mocha Matari, Yemen

These blades work best for me from the second day, after the coating has worn off. Today was such a day. :)

SOTD – SUN 18 SEP 2022

SEptember & StirlingSeptember: featured soap is Stirling Soap Co. - “Scots Pine Sheep”, a Mutton Tallow based soap. Soap described as: “A calm and pleasing pine scent that is nothing like a pine oil used in cleaning products, as it has a touch of oakmoss to round out the blend. The fatty acid rich mutton tallow combined with the lanolin leave your face nourished and smooth.”.

SOTD-20220918-setup.png

Shave Result:
Stirling soaps always give mea rich, dense,creamy bowl lather from a level half teaspoon scoop of soap (about 2.6gm). IMO the lather from the Mutton base has a slightly richer lather, more nourishing feel and a slightly better performance than the Beef Tallow. From the lather I get a Pine scent with a background of oakmoss, scent strength 6/10. This is my third shave this week with the Hawk V2 and overall smooth BGS (bloody good shave) with just a couple of weepers.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream
+ Brush: Dscosmetic “Green American Style” with 24mm Yaqi G4
+ Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Scots Pine Sheep
+ Bowl: Yaqi Ceramic “Duke”
+ Razor: RazoRock AL Hawk V2
+ Blade: Kai PINK Captain Titan Mild (4)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Malizia UOMO Vetyver
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme

Mixed it up tonight 1 x WTG DC Blades str8
2x WTG WR1 OC = DBS
cXwCINT.jpg

2021 - Wolfman stainless steel WR1 OC with WR2 Handle and WRA1 Stand
2020 - DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush
2020 - DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop
2019 - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2018 - One of a kind Squadron Soap Splash & Soap
bh8Gjzy.png

Rocca R94, 95, 96
Wizamet
TroyCraft 'Purple Haze' 24mm Lansky HD
Thayers Witch Hazel / Olive Oil

Spent some time with the Rocca V4 over the past few days with the same soap, same new blade, same brush... All provided an incredible 4 pass shave with the same BBS result, just that each felt just a little different in the hand. Cant say enough about this brush and knot.

Also gave the olive oil + water emulsion a go as a pre-shave and reckon it worked a treat

Selling the R94 to a mate at work but finding it hard to part with. I am no minimalist and considering I have all three versions, seems like two will be enough, surely I dont need all three, but here we are and I still have doubts...

The R95 Birch bark is a must stay, and considering I already have plenty of SS razors reckon the Black handle R96 will also stay for some diversity.

My mate is new to DE shaving so setting him up the the R94 + Tub of Blue Devil soap and a collection of blades that include BIC, Wizamet, Minora, Nacet, 7'Oclock yellow, Voskhod, German Wilkies, Feather and Euromax. He is quite keen to get into it, and I did warn about the potential rabbit hole :)

52367815321_19865b9c56_h.jpg

52367815286_5eec1dc267_h.jpg

52368122169_8f557ea8bb_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.