Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia Day today. I was hoping to shave with my Australian S.K. Colling SR today but Steve has not yet finished making it. Instead, I decided to shave with an English razor, the 1870's George Butler "Shakespeare" dressed in natural ivory. Lather was face applied with tallow Tabac.

Another typically marvelous three-pass shave; WTG, XTG + fool's pass and XTG in the opposite direction. This gives me a DFS+ result.

full

AoqblUf.png

Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat Set / Nacet
Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
GD Special Edition Amare - Kairos + Lamb Tallow
GD Rejuvenating Serum - Grapefruit & Vetiver
William Henry T12bt Titanium framelock folder

That's a nice little gentlemanly folder you have there. Is that just in case the Nacet isn't sharp enough? :p

Australia Day Shave
The Gear:
• Pre Shave: Verde Activated Charcoal Glycerine bar soap (A)
• Brush: ShaveXDAVE “Rock Pool” with 26mm Cashmere (A)
• Soap: SaltLake Soaps – COCONUT & LIME (A)
• Lather Bowl: Whispers from the Woods (A)
• Razors: Dscosmetic T7 316L, Scalloped top plate
• Blade: Cloud (2)
• Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
• Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
• After Shave: Blue Stratos (A)
• Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser (A)
(A) = Australian Made
:cool: Shave Video

SOTD-20220126-setup.png

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap / APR Australians All shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods P&C Charity Auction LE Prototype Stinger
Blade: Iridium Super (3)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap / APR Australians All splash
Fragrance: N/A

Australians All, regardless of race or heritage, not forgetting the past but looking to the future, together.

(and a cracking shave!)

31FbKufl.jpg

I have to ask:
Is the stinger on permanent loan?

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
Glad to say I am spoiled for choice of Aussie products in the den for Australia Day

4aMycgD.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Soap: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS
Brush: DC Blades-"BlackGold" - custom P&C TKM 2020
Hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Razor:- DC Blades "The Cleaver" - P&C TKM 2020
8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave​

Glad to say I am spoiled for choice of Aussie products in the den for Australia Day

4aMycgD.jpg

8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave​

That's a beautiful razor!

Thanks @Hos, custom from DC Blades auctioned here on P&C. I have seen x 3 beautiful custom razors and a couple of kangaroo strops, and browsing the auction threads there were a few more before I joined donated by @Substance who now has brushes on the website, and there is a beautiful custom BB Spanish Monkey available in the shop

@RustyBlade just noticed you won one of the early DC Blades donations that gorgeous DC Blades 13/16" straight razor in Elvgren pin up scales. I have admired those scales every time I visit https://www.dcblades.com/ and did not realise until now it was donated to P&C 2018 auction. How do you manage to keep your eyes off the pinups and focus on your face?

4aMycgD.jpg

Sensational kit!

Travel shave

No pic

Sensor Excel cart but at least St James software.

Could be much worse

(I also have a sink plug!)

I soaked my 28mm boar brush for 3 days. Every 24 hours I'd rub the knot dry on a towel. Damn thing still isn't performing at it's best after that and several shaves.
After trying a number of so-called short cuts I've seen on the various forums, I just start shaving reqularly with a new boar until it comes around. I got this boar and the one I shaved with yesterday (sse pic below) at the same time. But it's a 24mm and is breaking in faster.

HcYm3aj.png

After trying a number of so-called short cuts I've seen on the various forums, I just start shaving reqularly with a new boar until it comes around. i got this boar and the one I shaves with yesterday (sse pic below) at the same time. But it's a 24mm and is breakink in faster.

HcYm3aj.png

Same here, my Zenith 24mm boar was good to go after a 24 hour soak and 3 shaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.