Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
52444494121_5fcfde085d_c.jpg

Ok big boy pants time. First shave with the axe. I went super slow and it came out better than I expected for a first go. Getting the angle and hold right was the key. No bleeding and a close shave. Thanks Dion for something different.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Kawah Ijen, Java

I've been a bit abstemious with the Yardley lately, but there's really no need, I've got enough to last a few years now along with my stash of Valobra. Maybe I should indulge more often... :unsure:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Pasteur Pharmacy / Wholy Kaw Timmermann shaving soap
Razor: Wolfman WR2 on Darwin style handle razor
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Pasteur Pharmacy / Wholy Kaw Timmermann splash
Fragrance: Pasteur Pharmacy / Wholy Kaw Timmermann EDT

Nice

O4I1FKhl.jpg

3.png

Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Kawah Ijen, Java

SOTD – SUN 23 OCT 2022

SOTD-20221023-setup.png

{Background photo Lake Nillahcootie, from recent fishing trip}

Shave Result: Used a 3gm scoop of cream to generate a lovely creamy and medium density lather, with 12.5ml of water added to the build. TOBS has excellent primary slickness, however, like many creams, residual does dry quickly but is reactivated with wet hands although not great IMO. From the lather I get a light Tobacco and Citrus aroma, don’t detect coffee nor leather, scent strength is no more than 4/10. Great 2-pass shave from the Overlander DFS, although the Astra was not as smooth as the Wizamet I normally like to use in the Overlander.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream
+ Brush: DSC “Queen of Hearts” with Yaqi 24/55 G4 knot
+ Soap: TOBS Shaving Cream- “Tobacco Leaf”
+ Bowl: Yaqi Ceramic Blue
+ Razor: Karve AL Overlander
+ Blade: Astra Green SP (2)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Tabac Original AS
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme

Getting a tad lazy.

Razor: Timeless Titanium with the 0.5mm Slim base plate
Blade: Feather
Shaving cream: Aesop shaving serum

I enjoy the Aesop shaving serum for low mess, low maintenance and ease of use. Splash water on the hands and face, a small amount and work into a very light lather. It's mostly soap. It does dry quickly so getting water ratio right is important and I only do half a face at a time.

Feather pairs surprisingly well. I thought it would bite. But less aggressive than the Astra. Smooth as silk. And I didn't even feel a thing from the few small inevitable ATG bites at the neck with a feather blade. The timeless rewards a shallow angle. Enjoying it so far.

i-5wTNZ7g-X3.jpg

Many Happy Shaves @Sticky

obRwq54.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Blue Devil - Doral (Native Olive) handle with 26mm G5C knot from AP Shave Co
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- RazoRock Hawk OC-v3
Blade:- Chinese No-name (1) @thanks @Gargravarr

This mug is perfect for Williams or other puck of mug soap especially if you like to bloom the soap while soaking your brush (All-in-1, bloom, soak and lather)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: N/A

esMvdi1l.jpg

MdC Monday...

1.png

Soap: MdC Original
COTD: Gambella Sundried, Ethiopia

If I ever reach such an advanced age where I find I've run out of my other soaps, I may well just stick with MdC... :unsure:

The history of this one see here -

‘Idoru’

We are very proud to release Idoru after being approached to design a fragrance around the revered Japanese Cypress known as Hinoki.

This Cypress is grown only in Japan where it is considered a ‘sacred wood’. The exquisite oil from this Tree is delicate, complex and nuanced. It carries beautiful notes of sweet lemon and a clean, smoky tone rich with woods.

We took the essence of this majestic Cypress and built a suitable foundation of Myrrh and Patchouli to really let the Hinoki soar. Our design intention was to ensure that this most prized of Japanese oils was given a full accord. Nothing less than a quantity of Ambergris was necessary to complete the foundation.

For the heart we determined Rosewood with its notes of Teak, Woods and Rose was ideal alongside other necessary elements. We completed the design with prized Ylang Ylang Extra to create a synergy between the delicate lemon and citrus notes of the Hinoki.

This was originally a private commission and is released with consent, the person who requested we design this fragrance wishes it to be shared.
Many thanks for this, to my 'uneducated nose' I don't get any of these scents off the puck unfortunately, but really appreciate the backstory, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.