Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotel shave, ordinary, view from 21st floor -

umj0dkbl.jpg
ryD4qcwl.jpg

Better

Hello BrisVegas!
Ibis Styles Brisbane? Good place to stay!

Ibis Styles Brisbane? Good place to stay!

Yep and yep

Although towel that was so threadbare it ripped was not great …

Cheap and clean and cheerful though

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Gambella natural sundried process, Ethiopia

First run with the new brush. :love::love: So hard to make a picture that does it justice...

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Gambella natural sundried process, Ethiopia

First run with the new brush. :love::love: So hard to make a picture that does it justice...
It really is a stunning brush that. Great stuff. (y)

Star Super Six
Gem Blue Star
Ever-Ready 601
Colgate vintage
Pinaud Clubman

The Super Six is the last razor to have the Kampfe Bros name. Some 40 years after patenting the first safety razor Star was merged into ASR with Gem and Ever-Ready.

Star Super Six
Gem Blue Star
Ever-Ready 601
Colgate vintage
Pinaud Clubman

The Super Six is the last razor to have the Kampfe Bros name. Some 40 years after patenting the first safety razor Star was merged into ASR with Gem and Ever-Ready.
Clubman in Summer

giphy.gif

It really is a stunning brush that. Great stuff. (y)
My initial impression when I first unwrapped it was "this is huge", and it is. It dwarfs my little Vector. Even though I came up with the specifications, it was still something of a surprise for some reason to see it in real life. It's up there with my huge Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" brush, not quite so tall, but much wider. It fits in my hand like I was born with it, and the totally seamless transition between the mallee burl and the resin is just incredible.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Peach
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird SB SS Polished / Astra SP #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

I’ve used the Blackbird Ti twice now. I think I’m going to have to give it some time before I make my decision. It’s quite aggressive compared to what I typically like. And there seems to be a lot of drag with the titanium too, and hardly any residual slickness. But from a few things I’ve read I may need to use a steeper angle (handle closer to face) than what I’m used to. Maybe the angle I’m using is scraping off too much soap?

This mornings shave I did the first two passes with the BB, but third and touchups I did with ASD2 with feather blade. My face was instantly happier when I swapped.

Anyway, as I said, will give it some time.l before I make a final call.

And any advice would be welcome :)

I’ve used the Blackbird Ti twice now. I think I’m going to have to give it some time before I make my decision. It’s quite aggressive compared to what I typically like. And there seems to be a lot of drag with the titanium too, and hardly any residual slickness. But from a few things I’ve read I may need to use a steeper angle (handle closer to face) than what I’m used to. Maybe the angle I’m using is scraping off too much soap?

This mornings shave I did the first two passes with the BB, but third and touchups I did with ASD2 with feather blade. My face was instantly happier when I swapped.

Anyway, as I said, will give it some time.l before I make a final call.

And any advice would be welcome :)
No advice, but this was my experience when I had one over a year ago. Wasn’t a fan so moved it on.

And there seems to be a lot of drag with the titanium
That's because the Blackbird Titanium is too LIGHT and you'll get a lot of drag without any weight, you should've bought SS. Try using a Feather or Nacet blade when using a very light razor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.