Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Straight:- C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna Razor, M K (Crown) No.31
Post-shave:- The Ordinary - Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

CucacZs.jpg

This MK31 cost less than US$50 and was a bit of a gamble because I could see the pitted spine and edge but they go for >US$200 so I took the gamble.
As you can see the blade is a few mm narrower than would have been originally, and the shoulders (double stabilizers) removed on a 400 diamond plate so it took a lot of effort to first remove the rusted and pitted edge and correct the spine but I am happy that after a couple of hours it is shave ready. Not the prettiest razor and blade reduced to about 15/32 but still provided 2 x WTG = BBS after throwing every tool in the den at it including diamond pasted balsa strops. Needs a bit more spine work and refinement but I am happy it was not a complete loss. I suspect the bevel is no longer at the manufactured angle, so will never be perfect but good enough.

Get the right razor/blade combination and it all comes together nicely -

phb4E5Fl.jpg

RbAD7ER.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Barberpole Tuxedo 30mm
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor: Rockwell 6C // Cheap and nasty Wahl DE Shavette
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Post-shave: Alum Block, Nivea Aftershave Balm and some of the Missus' face stuff.

Spitfire was the second of the two new soaps I treated myself to. I like it. Nice rich, thick lather and good post shave feel -- probably not quite as good as yesterday's Noble Otter but not far behind. Also, the scent reminds me of the days I spent crewing armoured vehicles which was a nice touch. The shavette, well, I'm getting there - still have a long way to go but the improvement is noticeable even after 5 shaves with it.
Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition & Aftershave
Noble Otter's branding is just sooo good, even the missus liked it - which is rare as she has a healthy aversion to anything shaving related :LOL:

I shaved late today. While making my first morning cup of tea, I suffered a bit of a turn and blacked out for a couple of minutes. My girlfriend took me to the local hospital. There, they did lots of tests on me and could find no reason for my turn. I was released from hospital in the afternoon with instructions that if it happens again, call an ambulance immediately.

Getting back home, I got the Ralf Aust 6/8 American (square) point out, stropped on clean leather, lathered with tallow Tabac and shaved. After the shave I applied my private-mix splash and Ralf was then maintained on a 0.1μm diamond pasted hanging balsa. All was again good with my life.

full

I shaved late today. While making my first morning cup of tea, I suffered a bit of a turn and blacked out for a couple of minutes. My girlfriend took me to the local hospital. There, they did lots of tests on me and could find no reason for my turn. I was released from hospital in the afternoon with instructions that if it happens again, call an ambulance immediately.

Getting back home, I got the Ralf Aust 6/8 American (square) point out, stropped on clean leather, lathered with tallow Tabac and shaved. After the shave I applied my private-mix splash and Ralf was then maintained on a 0.1μm diamond pasted hanging balsa. All was again good with my life.

full

Not good mate. Hope you’ve seen the last of it. Stay safe and look after yourself.

adjQvTE.jpg

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass/ Polsilver
100-year-old handle 20mm Gray Tuxedo Synth
Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition & Aftershave

I am finding your photos intriguingly artistic. Well balanced with complimentary colours, beautifully lit. I’m going to have to lift my game! Your coloured backgrounds… how do you do that? (If I may ask?).

I am finding your photos intriguingly artistic. Well balanced with complimentary colours, beautifully lit. I’m going to have to lift my game! Your coloured backgrounds… how do you do that? (If I may ask?).
Thankyou for the kind words @possumbelly. For the backgrounds, I use a sheet of colored poster board to create a seemless (no horizon line) background.

2 January
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

6 January
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 4 of 56
51KF8Lh+DzL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I shaved late today. While making my first morning cup of tea, I suffered a bit of a turn and blacked out for a couple of minutes. My girlfriend took me to the local hospital. There, they did lots of tests on me and could find no reason for my turn.
I hope you're OK, these mysterious occurrences can be very unsettling, to say the least.

2 January
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #4

6 January
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #4

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 4 of 56
51KF8Lh+DzL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
What happened to your Mexican alter ego, got deported?

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C Charity Auction Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Haverford shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood gel
Fragrance: Miller Harris Feuille de Tabac EDP

A shave so nice, I did it twice!

phb4E5Fl.jpg

I didn't have much to shave this morning after my late shave yesterday. For this morning I chose the George Butler "Shakespeare" No. 3 dressed in natural ivory. There were still some black spots to be seen in my used lather. DFS+ result.

full

All should be back to normal tomorrow. Over the weekend I will shave with a shavette and a DE "safety" razor, just to keep my hand in.

51804960845_9c3804c161_c.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
Razor: Karve CB brass SB-C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Mélange

First shave with omnibus base and I am impressed. Much softer base, so I will be scooping out and lathering this in a bowl. (Most of my Excelsior-base and all my Reserve-base soaps I now load directly from tub).

51804960780_b95ae5a11a_c.jpg

After this, I took the brush to the face and slowly painted in more water. The lather remained very thick, and slickness and performance was excellent. I got a little bit red skin due to the cinnamon, but not in a irritable way. One hour post shave the skin feels great.

Scent is intoxicating, cinnamon heavy but there is more going on, I hope it’s the kind of soap where you smell different nuances every time. It will be a good winter scent along with Vespers and Hygge.

@ollietwo I have not read Dune or seen the movie, so sorry, no references to that. I guess I have to read it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.