Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pops with that bakelite handle (y) :love: (y)

The adapter worked well then?
Yeah thanks, it's a great looking handle.
The adapter works really well on this one, it's just held by the magnets and the whole thing slides in no problem. Unfortunately in my Speed Razor ( the older version) it's a bit loose. I think it's because it's a well used example and a bit worn, the original blade holds no problem though.

LG357.jpg

Razor: Le Grelot 357 5/8
Brush: Troycraft/AP 28mm Titanium
Soap: Washpool 01

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: St. James of London - Cedarwood & Clarysage
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, SJOL Cedarwood & Clarysage balm, homebrew moisturiser
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

...just for a change

DYCxHn2.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft Sapphire Amphora 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Morgan's Vintage 1873 Cologne

u3jsj8ml.jpg

Soap: Squadron - Group Captains Blend
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
The soap was unused from a previous shave leftover in the bowl. I thought there was plenty there to make a good lather but apparently not. I made an absolutely rubbish lather but as it turned out a top notch shave. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

I managed to knock that aluminium soap dish on to the bathroom floor this nothing. It did no harm to the bowl of course, but I now have a crack across a big slate tile. It's going to be a bugger of a job to replace it. :(

I managed to knock that aluminium soap dish on to the bathroom floor this nothing. It did no harm to the bowl of course, but I now have a crack across a big slate tile. It's going to be a bugger of a job to replace it. :(
Nasty - I think I'd rather dent the bowl :banghead: :inpain:

That’s why plastic bowls are best in case you might drop it again

SOTD – Sun 6 Aug 2023

SOTD-20230806-setup.png

The Black Ship Kaito base soap texture is soft and tacky almost a cream. The soap easily generated a rich creamy medium to high dense lather with excellent overall performance. To me the scent a well blended fresh & clean Barbershop, although mild scent strength 3/10. Another awesome clean smooth DFS from the Henson Medium + Wilkinson sword blade on 4th and final shave.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Boti “Blue-Ice” with 24/52 Synthetic Faux Horse
  • Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Two Bits
  • Bowl: Soup Bowl with Non-Slip Sticker
  • Razor: Henson AL13 V2 Medium (“++”)
  • Blade: Gillette - Wilkinson Sword {India} PTFE (4)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: 4711 AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)

Been a while since I posted as I usually post at work, but now at a new job where it just isn't possible to do so.. Nevertheless the shaves have continued and have been exclusively shaving with the WR2 and BlackBird for the past month to get to know both these amazing razors better.

Even did the unthinkable and pushed out a few quick two pass shaves without any ATG 🤯 and was left pleasantly surprised. Still feel nothing beats the feeling of a nice 3-4 pass ATG BBS shave but there is certainly a place for the quick two pass non ATG shaves in my routine.
Used the WR2 1.25 + feather combo for these and although not BBS a very close DFS+

53096491182_a95be2f64e_b.jpg

53096491232_3d4d3530ab_b.jpg

53096491227_ae36fc7df3_b.jpg

53097454115_eb8a8ffe2b_b.jpg

pre: mask of magnaminty, let the good times roll.
Razor: slim (6)
Blade: polsilver
Brush: Troy tools Osage
Soap: Noble Otter RAWR

A couple of things. I forgot how much I love a polsilver blade.
Secondly, RAWR may be my favourite soap.
Thirdly, that Osage brush from @TroyTools is spectacular- I still have about 5ft of this timber around so if anyone wants, I’m due to send him something soon so can always add a bit more wood to the box.

And finally, I know lush products get no play here as far as shaving goes but some of their skincare stuff really works for me and I’d recommend them for a bit of variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.