Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
YG1X1LDl.jpg

pre: mask of magnaminty, let the good times roll.
Razor: slim (6)
Blade: polsilver
Brush: Troy tools Osage
Soap: Noble Otter RAWR

A couple of things. I forgot how much I love a polsilver blade.
Secondly, RAWR may be my favourite soap.
Thirdly, that Osage brush from @TroyTools is spectacular- I still have about 5ft of this timber around so if anyone wants, I’m due to send him something soon so can always add a bit more wood to the box.

And finally, I know lush products get no play here as far as shaving goes but some of their skincare stuff really works for me and I’d recommend them for a bit of variety.

hey mate got a pic of the osage brush?

I have OCD. In addition to my other oddities, I do a 3-pass shave every morning and it has to be BBS. Otherwise, there is no sense spending the time it takes to shave. My favourite razor lately is an adjustable injector. I have a Schick M-type adjustable, Parker v2 adjustable and I have a 1960's PAL adjustable on way. Lately, I have been using the Parker Mon-Fri and a straight on the weekends. This morning I once again used the Parker. I set it on #2 (it has 5 settings) and the shave was so comfortable that I had to make sure I hadn't forgotten to put a blade in the razor. Oh, what a feeling!

P.jpg

Razor: Parker Adjustable v2 (#2)
Blade: Schick Proline B-20 (3)
Brush: Troycraft "Queenslander" (Maroon & Gold) AP 28mm Titanium
Soap: Washpool 01
A/S: Floid

uxMeWQu.jpg

Kalgoorlie Shave

Prep:
Jack Black Turbo Wash Gel, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac EdT

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue 2016 Foro Afeitado Limited Edition Finest Badger 25/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Std SS Polished / Personna Lab Blue #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

:love: LaLaLove the Ogallala :love:

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Blue Devil - Doral (Native Olive) handle with 26mm AP Shave Co G5C knot
Soap/Aftershave:- Ogallala - Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns
Razor:- Wade and Butcher Sheffield

8kZP3bC.jpg

WwM1aC4.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Rex Supply Co. 1955
Razor: Rex Konsul (3.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave Lotion

Been a while since I posted as I usually post at work, but now at a new job where it just isn't possible to do so.. Nevertheless the shaves have continued and have been exclusively shaving with the WR2 and BlackBird for the past month to get to know both these amazing razors better.

Even did the unthinkable and pushed out a few quick two pass shaves without any ATG 🤯 and was left pleasantly surprised. Still feel nothing beats the feeling of a nice 3-4 pass ATG BBS shave but there is certainly a place for the quick two pass non ATG shaves in my routine.
Used the WR2 1.25 + feather combo for these and although not BBS a very close DFS+

53096491182_a95be2f64e_b.jpg

53096491232_3d4d3530ab_b.jpg

53096491227_ae36fc7df3_b.jpg

53097454115_eb8a8ffe2b_b.jpg
Congrats on the new job @StratMan and always nice seeing your shaving gear as you have some top notch brushes + razors!

BBS/BBS #BlacklandBlackbirdShaver/BabyButtSmooth :)

YBwoCWY.jpg

Brush:- TF Customs - Choc Fudge Sundae
Soap/Aftershave:- Declaration Grooming - Trismegistus
Razor:- Blackland - Blackbird
Blade:- Wizamet (5)

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Std SS Polished / Personna Lab Blue #6 ... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

#DogGone!

Is this taking colour matching too far?

6atEYJz.jpg

Brush:- TF Customs - Choc Fudge Sundae
Soap/Aftershave:- Declaration Grooming - Trismegistus
Razor:- Blackland - Blackbird
Blade:- Wizamet (6)

Blackbird
Polsilver
TroyCraft 'Purple Haze' 24mm Lansky HD
Blue Devil Lavender Patch soap and balm
Thayers Lavender witch hazel

was in that lavender mood!!!

in true form with keeping to the theme, just had shave with of my favourite songs of all time playin in the background... KICK ASS is what it is, at 7:50 he starts coming out of that epic solo and OMG at 8:10 when he comes out of it, it just blows my mind 🤘

53104751873_acc9e78ccd_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.