Status
Not open for further replies.
9gKYZrl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac Americana D01 (3 band) 24/50 Bulb
Soap:- Vintage Yardley English Lavender
Razor:- Filarmonica #13
Aftershave:- Stirling - Witch Hazel Bergamot & Lavender

Despite it's wry smile and ugly scales this razor is one of the most comfortable shavers I have in the den

The last few days...

PXL-20230317-233057416-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

My soap collection is steadily getting whittled down to a few diehard favourites, so I'm not swapping around so much these days. A couple of them will get rotated out of (and into) circulation in spring, but I wouldn't be a sad man if I had to use Yardley every day for the rest of my life. I may be a sad old git, but I won't be a sad man. ;)

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Black 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- D.R. Harris ~ Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Fine DE5 (borrowed) / Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

3Cybzko.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Speick (tallow)
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Speick EdC

Such good soap; a great pity they reformulated.

HxZm6YR.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: Forgotten Arts 24mm
Bowl: Forgotten Artts
Razor: Boker 7/8” SR Paua Shell
Soap: A&E Choco Cubano
Post-shave: A&E Choco Cubano

Many thanks to @Wilkshire13 for selling me his Forgotten Arts Brush and Bowl set. They look absolutely fantastic. Mrs Nanook must agree as she let me leave it on the bathroom sink without telling me to store it somewhere else (preferably in another room).

Also, thanks to @Holiday for the soap and splash, it smells bloody good, and every time I smell it, I feel like having desert.

GlRLoNp.jpg

Sunday Shave 08.20.23
RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus Fire Color 26mm SHD Badger
LATHER: Pre‌ ‌de‌ ‌Provence‌ ‌No.‌ ‌63‌ ‌shave‌ ‌soap‌

xg1BI1O.jpg

Monday Shave 08.21.23
RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 500E 26mm Gel Bulb
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

PXL-20230604-224730359-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Art of Shaving (Valobra) Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

SOTD – Mon 21 Aug 2023

SOTD-20230820-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Dscosmetic “BarberPole” 24/26 Boar Plisoft
  • Soap: Ariana&Evans, Pedro Fiasco - Coconut & Tonka
  • Bowl: Yaqi ABS Black “Duke”
  • Razor: Parker 78R 3-piece with a Generic AL handle
  • Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: 4711 AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]

[A] = Australian Product

PHm0rnw.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Choix Alfredus Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Lalique Encre Noire EdT

BlackBird SS
BIC
Yaqi 24mm 2-Band Badger
Tabac Soap and Splash
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel

Strange shave.. got the BIC out of the WR2 I used once the other day so only shave two with it. Lather was also good and was fully expecting a smooth shave. It was anything but, rough as guts, had no other blade with me so just stuck out a three pass (one ATG) pass and it didnt get any better. Was one of the roughest shaves i've had for a while and expected repercussions

but the second surprise of the night was I had zero issue, no burn no soreness nothing, as if I had a super smooth shave.. cant work it out!!!

53132009730_6b72cc962c_h.jpg

53131596591_1418484176_c.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: Forgotten Arts 24mm
Bowl: Forgotten Artts
Razor: Boker 7/8” SR Paua Shell
Soap: A&E Choco Cubano
Post-shave: A&E Choco Cubano

Many thanks to @Wilkshire13 for selling me his Forgotten Arts Brush and Bowl set. They look absolutely fantastic. Mrs Nanook must agree as she let me leave it on the bathroom sink without telling me to store it somewhere else (preferably in another room).

Also, thanks to @Holiday for the soap and splash, it smells bloody good, and every time I smell it, I feel like having desert.
Brush and Bowl nicely matched with Paua Shell Boker (y) :love: (y)

Lovely scent - one of those scents that bring a smile to your face and make the day better. Trismegustus is another that does that for me.

BlackBird SS
BIC
Yaqi 24mm 2-Band Badger
Tabac Soap and Splash

Strange shave.. got the BIC out of the WR2 I used once the other day so only shave two with it. Lather was also good and was fully expecting a smooth shave. It was anything but, rough as guts, had no other blade with me so just stuck out a three pass (one ATG) pass and it didnt get any better. Was one of the roughest shaves i've had for a while and expected repercussions

but the second surprise of the night was I had zero issue, no burn no soreness nothing, as if I had a super smooth shave.. cant work it out!!!

You need more ice cream in your den @StratMan

BlackBird SS
BIC
Yaqi 24mm 2-Band Badger
Tabac Soap and Splash

I have had the same sort of experience with a Gillette Nacet blade. It was good one day, extremely bad the next. I could not explain it but it was very much the same as what you are describing. It was so bad that I had to swap it out, ironically I swapped out the Nacet for a BiC Chrome Platinum blade. haha
The only thing worse than that Nacet was one of my older generation Gillette 7'O Clock yellow. Dreadful!
I always remove my blades from the razor after each shave, pat them dry thoroughly and leave them to dry on a towel for at least 30mins before I put it back into the sleeve in which it came from so I have no idea.

I'm glad the post shave experience was great for you though.

Nice photo composition and lather!

Status
Not open for further replies.