Not open for further replies.
S2xDy9K.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage NOS Fabergé Brut Aftershave Lotion

To use the vernacular of Tom Ford, original Fabergé Brut smells F*cking Fabulous.
FYI He’s a Brut lover

BlackBird SS
Nacet
TroyCraft 'gold top' 26mm 2-Band Badger
Mikes Natural Soap - Lime
Don Marco Splash

Was sorting out my soap collection a little and came across this beauty, forgot I had it there and cant really remember where it even came from. Opened the lid and looked inside, nothing nasty just looked dried up and possibly past it used by date. Thought I give it a crack and took a DG with me as a back up.

Without much effort whipped up a very nice lather and even a bit of scent came back which was surprising. Well the moons aligned again, loaded with a fresh nacet the shave was incredible. 3 pass BBS, and this was shave 3 of three in a row, and my skin feels excellent.. post shave amazing and the scent matching with Don Marco the cherry on top (y)

53147786828_c983af4a04_h.jpg

53147786823_6e649c9a48_c.jpg

SOTD – TUE 29 Aug 2023

Killed It...

SOTD-20230829-setup.png

Final shave with my current kill soap, this is only my second soap killed for the year although I did manage to kill a few samples.

THE GEAR:
  • Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Frank Shaving “Faux Horn” with 22/56 G7
  • Soap: Wet The Face - “Into The Mystic”
  • Bowl: Soup Bowl with Non-Slip Shower Sticker
  • Razor: Henson AL13 Mild “+”
  • Blade: Gillette Nacet(2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: Wet The Face - “Into The Mystic”
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]
[A] = Australian Made

PXL-20230614-235512844-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

The Sabre doesn't get nearly enough love here, but I pick it up only slightly less than I do the Vector, and always when I want a supremely comfortable shave rather than the ultimate BBS. Sometimes the Sabre surprises me anyway, 12 hours later I'm still rubbing my head thinking "that's nice". :smug:

Having said that, I do have my eye on an Atelier Durdan Vestige. :unsure: Maybe I'll wait for @Errol's review before I make up my mind as to which plate I want. No hurry, I'm not that desperate to part with my paltry savings...

PXL-20230614-235512844-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

The Sabre doesn't get nearly enough love here, but I pick it up only slightly less than I do the Vector, and always when I want a supremely comfortable shave rather than the ultimate BBS. Sometimes the Sabre surprises me anyway, 12 hours later I'm still rubbing my head thinking "that's nice". :smug:

Having said that, I do have my eye on an Atelier Durdan Vestige. :unsure: Maybe I'll wait for @Errol's review before I make up my mind as to which plate I want. No hurry, I'm not that desperate to part with my paltry savings...
Nice looking brush

BlackBird SS
Nacet
TroyCraft Horntail 28mm 2-Band Badger Gel Lotus Tip
MdC Rose
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel

was looking at the brush today and thinking of a name. The pic doesnt do it justice but it sort of looks like the forest with the wood and as you turn its as if you peer through moving clouds through for glimpses of a river of sparkly shifting red/gold runs down the mountain, like fire. Reminded me of Harry Potter scenes so I took it straight to my daughter with the description above and asked her to name it..

seeing it was a gift from my wife and daughter it was only fitting for her to name it and she came up with 'Hungarian Horntail' a fire-breathing dragon from HP... so horntail for short :)

as for the shave... started with an ATG that felt rough as guts, and dragged a lot. Only on the second shave with this blade, so I didn't think it was the blade but had to check.. out with the old and in with a new Nacet for the last two passes and it was all silky smooth again. got me stuffed why it went so quick, I always dry the razor and blade separately after each shave, anyway going to actually take the blade out of the razor after each shave and see

53152246411_8e7e194b92_h.jpg

BlackBird SS
Nacet
TroyCraft Horntail 28mm 2-Band Badger Gel Lotus Tip
MdC Rose
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel

was looking at the brush today and thinking of a name. The pic doesnt do it justice but it sort of looks like the forest with the wood and as you turn its as if you peer through moving clouds through for glimpses of a river of sparkly shifting red/gold runs down the mountain, like fire. Reminded me of Harry Potter scenes so I took it straight to my daughter with the description above and asked her to name it..

seeing it was a gift from my wife and daughter it was only fitting for her to name it and she came up with 'Hungarian Horntail' a fire-breathing dragon from HP... so horntail for short :)

as for the shave... started with an ATG that felt rough as guts, and dragged a lot. Only on the second shave with this blade, so I didn't think it was the blade but had to check.. out with the old and in with a new Nacet for the last two passes and it was all silky smooth again. got me stuffed why it went so quick, I always dry the razor and blade separately after each shave, anyway going to actually take the blade out of the razor after each shave and see

53152246411_8e7e194b92_h.jpg
What a brilliant name for the brush. (y)(y)
The Nacet is a funny blade, it reminds me of that little poem from Longfellow:

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, on the other hand... and those German Wilkies you sent out with your Timeless .95 were a revelation.

What a brilliant name for the brush. (y)(y)
The Nacet is a funny blade, it reminds me of that little poem from Longfellow:

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, on the other hand... and those German Wilkies you sent out with your Timeless .95 were a revelation.

cheers mate, yeah those wilkies are great, BICs and I do love the nacet.. and this nacet was brilliant first time around, 2nd shave it was gone

maybe its just my blade killing wiskers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.