WR2 1.25
Nacet
TroyCraft 'GoldTop' 26mm 2-Band badger
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Puros splash

53160246312_9639842c42_h.jpg

Fathers Day Shave

AYarosX.jpg

Not having much success with these vintage injector blades.
This lot arrived in their original packaging but I have bread knives that are sharper, the edge must have oxidized

q08mEPT.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Soap: Vintage Yardley English Lavender
Brush: Troycraft - Custom Solid Brass 24mm 2 Band Badger Fan
Razor:- Schick Type B Repeating Razor
Blade:- Blunt
Post-shave: Stirling - Stirling Bergamot & Lavender With Hazel & Aloe

Shave rescued by Str8 Razor:- Ribbon by R.Saito

Razor: super speed
Blade: minora
Brush: Troy tools Osage
Soap & Splash: noble ottor RAWR

Really RAWR was the only option for a Father’s Day shave.
my dad is no longer with us and so hosting family seems to have become the role of my wife and I, so we had a bbq yesterday and we got to enjoy some beautiful spring sunshine with family.
Hard to argue with that.

Fathers Day Shave

AYarosX.jpg

Not having much success with these vintage injector blades.
This lot arrived in their original packaging but I have bread knives that are sharper, the edge must have oxidized

q08mEPT.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Soap: Vintage Yardley English Lavender
Brush: Troycraft - Custom Solid Brass 24mm 2 Band Badger Fan
Razor:- Schick Type B Repeating Razor
Blade:- Blunt
Post-shave: Stirling - Stirling Bergamot & Lavender With Hazel & Aloe

Shave rescued by Str8 Razor:- Ribbon by R.Saito
Vintage carbon steel injector blades should only be used for display. You really can’t shave with them. Even vintage stainless steel injector blades are a crapshoot.

Vintage carbon steel injector blades should only be used for display. You really can’t shave with them. Even vintage stainless steel injector blades are a crapshoot.
Which modern injector do you recommend?
Mens Biz have Supply blades and B&B have Supply and Parker blades or does it have to be Schick B-20's

Which modern injector do you recommend?
Mens Biz have Supply blades and B&B have Supply and Parker blades or does it have to be Schick B-20's
Four 7-blade (28 blades) Schick magazines from Amazon $42 shipped for Prime members. I get Schick Proline B-20's from Connaught (40 blades for $60 shipped) and load them into empty magazines. I usually get 12-15 three-pass shaves from either. Works out to 10 cents per shave. YMMV. I have never used the Supply or Parker blades. They do not always get good reviews mainly due to the plastic magazines.

I think you'll probably like Mike's Hungarian Lavender too (y)

I have no doubt, the lime had such a natural scent I'm assuming the lavender would be the same.. only problem is how many soaps can one have 😂

Speaking of lavender, I'm about to start landscaping my front and going to grow a hedge of lavender around 5-6m in length.. any recommendations on the type of lavender I should get? Aroma is more important than the colour for me

I have no doubt, the lime had such a natural scent I'm assuming the lavender would be the same.. only problem is how many soaps can one have 😂

Speaking of lavender, I'm about to start landscaping my front and going to grow a hedge of lavender around 5-6m in length.. any recommendations on the type of lavender I should get? Aroma is more important than the colour for me
Hmmm, I'm not an authority (except that I love lavender) but stick with the real Lavendula angustifolia varieties which include the English and French varieties. Hidcote is a popular one. If you want to go native Greek, you could grow Lavandula stoechas, but be warned, the scent is wild and camphorous, and not for everybody. Avoid the lavandin varieties (these should be listed as something like Lavandula x intermedia) , though they may or may not survive the SA summer better.

My best suggestion would be to take a trip out to Lyndoch or Jurlique and ask them what varieties they grow. Of the two, I like the scent of the Lyndoch EO better.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- WCS American Liberty CNC / Gillette Minora Stainless #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Hmmm, I'm not an authority (except that I love lavender) but stick with the real Lavendula angustifolia varieties which include the English and French varieties. Hidcote is a popular one. If you want to go native Greek, you could grow Lavandula stoechas, but be warned, the scent is wild and camphorous, and not for everybody. Avoid the lavandin varieties (these should be listed as something like Lavandula x intermedia) , though they may or may not survive the SA summer better.

My best suggestion would be to take a trip out to Lyndoch or Jurlique and ask them what varieties they grow. Of the two, I like the scent of the Lyndoch EO better.

after I posted this I went on a lavender internet search, never knew how many varieties of lavender there is and ended up a bit more confused than when i started.

did you know that English lavender inst English at all ? its from the Mediterranean (y) but yes i found that 'English' lavender was the most fragrant and apparently the most edible so might be going for that but we'll see. French was the most pleasing scent (mostly used in perfumes etc) but not the strongest scent and Spanish/Italian is a beautiful looking flower but not very fragrant at all.

I already have some Spanish lavender at home
0280181_lavandula-stoechas-javelin-upright-blue.jpeg

after I posted this I went on a lavender internet search, never knew how many varieties of lavender there is and ended up a bit more confused than when i started.

did you know that English lavender inst English at all ? its from the Mediterranean (y) but yes i found that 'English' lavender was the most fragrant and apparently the most edible so might be going for that but we'll see. French was the most pleasing scent (mostly used in perfumes etc) but not the strongest scent and Spanish/Italian is a beautiful looking flower but not very fragrant at all.

I already have some Spanish lavender at home
0280181_lavandula-stoechas-javelin-upright-blue.jpeg
For years I had a cushion cover stuffed full of Greek wild lavender that I picked on Serifos where it was growing rampant all along the coast. I carried that over so many borders, even into Australia, I'd never be allowed to do that now. :rolleyes:

xF5nB5d.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos
Razor: Rex Konsul (4)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos EdC

Hard to fault this soap.

SOTD – MON 4 Sep 2023

SOTD-20230904-setup.png

KillSoap3-2023: A late Evening shave starting a new kill soap, this time a combination of the Scruffy Fella Goat’s milk soap and an old Musgo Real shaving cream (probably 8 years old), “killing two soaps” with one shave so to speak. The Goat’s Milk soap doesn’t make the best of lathers for me and is lightly scented, so the cream boosts the lather and gives it a nice Lavender scent. First I load the brush from Scruffy Fella tub and then mix it with a bit of Musgo cream in my lather bowl and build lather as normal, the mix makes a lovely creamy slick lather with a nice soft Lavender scent.

THE GEAR:
  • Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Frank Shaving “Faux Horn” with 22/56 G7
  • Soap: Scruffy Fella Goat’s Milk Shaving Soap [A]
  • Cream: Musgo Real Lavender
  • Bowl: Soup Bowl with Non-Slip Shower Sticker
  • Razor: Henson AL13 Mild “+”
  • Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Aftershave Calming Balm [A]
  • After Shave: None for late Evening Shave
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]