Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike's Soaps Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Semogue Mistura "Sin Corte No Hay Gloria", 2022 LE.
Drew Dick 8/8 Chainsaw Damascus
Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot

Sometimes less is more. This brush, commissioned by our main Spanish Forum "Sin Corte No Hay Gloria" (which would roughly translate as "No nicks, no glory", is an absooute delight to lather with, and it seels a match made in heaven with this soap. It is my second Mike's and I really think this soaps are wonderful.

The razor... What can I say. Hard to fault it. Gorgeous, comfortable to use and absolutely effective.

Finished it off with my absolute favourite scent, Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot.

I could shave forever only with the Black Bergamot.

A bit of Encre Noir and I am off to see Ronert Plant.

Have a great night you guys!!

Looks like I might like Cape Cod :D
You just might,

EsE3TLc.jpg

gUn62Ye.jpg

Mike's Soaps Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Semogue Mistura "Sin Corte No Hay Gloria", 2022 LE.
Drew Dick 8/8 Chainsaw Damascus
Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot

Sometimes less is more. This brush, commissioned by our main Spanish Forum "Sin Corte No Hay Gloria" (which would roughly translate as "No nicks, no glory", is an absooute delight to lather with, and it seels a match made in heaven with this soap. It is my second Mike's and I really think this soaps are wonderful.

The razor... What can I say. Hard to fault it. Gorgeous, comfortable to use and absolutely effective.

Finished it off with my absolute favourite scent, Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot.

I could shave forever only with the Black Bergamot.

A bit of Encre Noir and I am off to see Ronert Plant.

Have a great night you guys!!
That blade has a nice smile :)

If that's a typo, and you mean Robert Plant, you're a lucky man! Enjoy (y)

I realized when I got back from the gig that the whole post looked like someone had danced a hora on my brain while I was typing. I apologize.

Indeed, I went to see Robert Plant, with his new project, called Saving Grace, with the delightful Suzi Dian sharing singing duties with him. The band was fantastic, the music superb, and them two were absolutely on top of their game. Amazing that he's 75 and can still sing like this.

(And it was the closest I came in my life to sharing stories and a glass of wine with him)

Q8MBhtH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Lanique Encre Noir EdT

The razor and blade worked beautifully together - so smooth, yet so efficient.

11 & 12 September 2023

I found this set of matching pre-1924 Cadman "Bengall" SRs on eBay many months ago for a price I just couldn't resist. It included the original seller's (Hatricks Limited, Sheffield) case. The blades, scales and case all needed some restoration but nothing beyond my ability. After a bit of work, I ended up with a fine set of two razors. Both razors were finished and have been maintained on diamond pasted balsa for the keenest of edges.

N71tvCI.jpg

A lovely shave with both of these antique straight razors, close smooth and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.