Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
razor: red tip (thank you @SpeedyPC)
Blade: Nacet
Soap: noble otter plunder
Splash: noble otter plunder

The red tip is a top razor, I didn’t really have much love for it the last few times I’ve had one but something stirred to give one another run and I’m glad I did.
Very enjoyable and easy shave

razor: red tip (thank you @SpeedyPC)
Blade: Nacet
Soap: noble otter plunder
Splash: noble otter plunder

The red tip is a top razor, I didn’t really have much love for it the last few times I’ve had one but something stirred to give one another run and I’m glad I did.
Very enjoyable and easy shave
I’m glad you enjoyed it Brother, look after it and keep the parts running smoothly and will last until you rest in peace.

PXL-20230915-015743543-1.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, APR Lavande Violette
COTD: Mocha Ismaili selection, Yemen

I've yet to find a boar knot that really loads as much soap as I need from the pucks of milled soaps that I normally use, but this little piggy has no trouble with the CF croap. I think I'll just stay with this for my SOTWend...

SOTD
  • Razor Gillette Vintage British Flare tip
  • Blade Astra Green Platinum
  • Cream Palmolive regular with coconut extract
  • Brush Jack the Barber – Synthetic
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap - Lemon
  • Moisturizer Nivea sensitive pro
  • Aftershave Gillette Breeze
  • Balm Nivea unscented cooling

Morning shave. Head & face after a hot shower. New Astra blade.

A very economical setup.
001.jpg

SOTD – Sat 16 Sep 2023

SOTD-20230916-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: RazoRock 400 24/55 Black Plissoft
  • Soap: D.R.Harris Arlington Refill Soap
  • Bowl: Yaqi ABS Black “Duke”
  • Razor: Henson AL13 Mild “+”
  • Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing Crema Pre Barba
  • After Shave: 4711 AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]
[A] = Australian Product

BlackBird SS
German Wilkie
Zenith 27mm Unbleached Boar
Omega 10098 27mm Boar
Tabac Soap & Splash
Thayers witch hazel - Lavender

Why two brushes you ask? I am in the market for a horse hair brush and it has come down to a 27mm Zenith 'extra soft' only question was what brush height.. the zenith is exactly the same size as one option, the omega close to the size of the other... apart from that everything else in both brushes is exactly the same.

I was about to pull the trigger on the zenith with bigger handle, but held of for this test to be sure and to my complete surprise found the shorter handle was considerably more comfortable, so glad I held off. Mind you this relates to face lathering, loading of the puck was the same on both

In regards to the lather? @Gargravarr may be interested to know the zenith absolutely blew the Omega out the water. First pass was the Omega and it produced an excellent lather and found it quite comfortable in the hand.. Started the second pass with the Zenith and yes it was definitely more comfortable when face lathering but the quality of the lather it produced literally blew me away. Was this one more broken in than the Omega? cant say but wow!!! it was so thick and perfectly hydrated with a lovely yogurt like consistency, i was in heaven.. this may well of moved to top spot in my den, big thanks to @Holiday for the recommendation on the zenith unbleached boar (y)

53190748506_b9e63e9b88_h.jpg

53190549149_784dfbf8ff_b.jpg

Today was my first time with a straight.
The very generous PIF from @rbscebu

I managed to do 1 1/2 cheeks today which I was happy with.
I did have 4 days of growth so next time I'll try it after only 1 or 2.
Instructions were top notch, a very talented and dedicated teacher. Thankyou @rbscebu

It only getts better with each shave. Perhaps you should start a new thread recording your straight razor journey. That would be good for others taking the same path.

YX8MJ8x.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Eufros Tobacco
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Creed Tabarome Millésime EdP

Status
Not open for further replies.