Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody stupid Optus, thanks bloody goodness for TPG
I've been with TPG for the internet for a very long time now and they've been great. Unfortunately, now they have decided not to handle email addresses anymore and have passed it onto another company. I'm waiting for the new company to start charging for TPGs email addresses then I'm going with someone else.

I don't see why I should pay one company for the internet and then another company to keep a TPG email address.

SOTD – Thu 9 Nov 2023

SOTD-20231109-setup.png

Featured is my new TroyCraft Custom brush that I’ve called “Double.D” as the design is a modern take on the vintage Rubberset “Dubl Duck No.4” brush, I wanted a reminder of simpler times and watching my Dad shave with Old Spice soap.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “Double.D” with 26/56 Boti Boar [A]
  • Soap: Stuga Australia - Peppermint & French Rosemary [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech from England around 1950
  • Blade: Gillette Wizamet SI (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Blue Devil Peppermint Patch [A]
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

I've been with TPG for the internet for a very long time now and they've been great. Unfortunately, now they have decided not to handle email addresses anymore and have passed it onto another company. I'm waiting for the new company to start charging for TPGs email addresses then I'm going with someone else.

I don't see why I should pay one company for the internet and then another company to keep a TPG email address.
OT:- Never used TPG email, as I have two different emails, Gmail for everyday use and ICloud for private enterprise or family’s use.

SOTD – Thu 9 Nov 2023

SOTD-20231109-setup.png

Featured is my new TroyCraft Custom brush that I’ve called “Double.D” as the design is a modern take on the vintage Rubberset “Dubl Duck No.4” brush, I wanted a reminder of simpler times and watching my Dad shave with Old Spice soap.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “Double.D” with 26/56 Boti Boar [A]
  • Soap: Stuga Australia - Peppermint & French Rosemary [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech from England around 1950
  • Blade: Gillette Wizamet SI (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Blue Devil Peppermint Patch [A]
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product
What a beautiful brush. It looks even better with a knot in it now! :) (y)

Nice bit of nostalgia to integrate with your daily shaving routine (y)

Still one of my all time favourite brushes @TroyTools

Qv7esdd.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- @TroyTools - Mink Nebula
Razor:- 11/16 Cape #35 Particular Hollow Ground
Soap/Aftershave:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre

Glad I examined this edge under the loupe because the bevel was not set and the heel on one side barely touching stone.
I've had success following Murray Carter's technique on trouble razors, although not necessary once the bevel is set, because I have so many in rotation the edges just need maintenance between shaves.

WR2 1.25
BIC
TroyCraft 'Olympiakos' 24mm 2-Band Badger
MdC Rose
WK Chypre Rose Conerto
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel

been in a bit of a funk the past week or so and didnt shave at all which resulted in a full blown beard. Was contemplating grabbing the clippers first to get rid of the jungle growth but what better time to test out the WR2 large blade gap. I was totally blown away.

First WTG pass mowed down that growth as if it were butter, it was sooooo smooth and after that was easily DFS. The next two passes got me to the promised land.. BBS...

Tell you what, I absolutely enjoy the challenge of learning to shave with a SR and to hone, but there is nothing like a chilled enjoyable shave with a couple beers in ya with music playing in the background.

53321233501_fe0d2956c2_h.jpg

10 November
This morning's shave was meant to be with my Ralf Aust but I didn't have the willpower to not shave with my newly restored Solingen SR dressed in wattle timber scales for the first time.
r7Jj0gp.jpg

All I can say is ahhhhhhh 🥰.

@Holiday passed this SR on to me to restore and PIF. It will be PIFed, just that it may have to be done by the executor of my estate.

I purchased this Johann Engström faux frameback for $19 back in April. It's been sitting in a drawer since then. Yesterday I stopped procrastinating and spent a bit of time repairing the point, cleaning it up somewhat, setting a bevel, running it over a progression of stones and finishing on a Naniwa 12000. This morning I was treated to a two-pass + touchup BBS shave.
JE-1.jpg

JE.jpg

Razor: Johann Engström faux frameback (razors were produced 1874-1917)
Brush: Boti 26/60 Boar
Cream: Palmolive (Italy)

I purchased this Johann Engström faux frameback for $19 back in April. It's been sitting in a drawer since then. Yesterday I stopped procrastinating and spent a bit of time repairing the point, cleaning it up somewhat, setting a bevel, running it over a progression of stones and finishing on a Naniwa 12000. This morning I was treated to a two-pass + touchup BBS shave.
JE-1.jpg

JE.jpg

Razor: Johann Engström faux frameback (razors were produced 1874-1917)
Brush: Boti 26/60 Boar
Cream: Palmolive (Italy)
In my to-do box. I have a similar one by C.W. Dahlgren from the late 1880s. Not in such good condition as yours but still very shavable.

Status
Not open for further replies.