Status
Not open for further replies.
PXL-20231103-200738453-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

And then there's this...

04 November
I purchased this SR a few months ago on eBay from Poland(?). It was a bit of a wild-card purchase as its photos were not too clear and there was a a fair amount of light oxidation on the blade. Still, it interested me due to the blade profile. I had not seen a similar profile in a Cadman "Bengall" before. When it arrived, I cleaned it up and put it away for later final polishing and honing.

Yesterday I pulled this SR out and finished it off. It is a T.R. Cadman "Bengall" ⅞ Dutch point full hollow+ with some very interesting work on the shank and a diamond-backed spine. From the reverse shank stamping, it appears that this SR was manufactured a little before 1890. It had almost no spine wear. I couldn't get the face side of the blade to a mirror finish (but close) as I didn't want to lose the face etching.

U19vpC2.jpg

At 21mm, this is my largest "Bengall". This morning's shave was a pleasure but I felt that it needed just a little more work on the edge. After the shave, I put this blade though another full diamond pasted balsa strop progression. Will see if there is any noticeable improvement next time I shave with it. This next shave will not be tomorrow. Tomorrow is my shorty Sunday 😁.

Last edited:
At 21mm, this is my largest "Bengall". This morning's shave was a pleasure but I felt that it needed just a little more work on the edge. After the shave, I put this blade though another full diamond pasted balsa strop progression. Will see if there is any noticeable improvement next time I shave with it. This next shave will not be tomorrow. Tomorrow is my shorty Sunday 😁.
:love: that Bengall @rbscebu it's like the Crown of the Toyota range. Luxury model of a brand that is common as muck in Australia

3WZEexu.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Forgotten Art "Enemies Tears" 26mm Boar
Str8:- S.K.Colling and Co - Blue paua shell and barbers notch - 5/8 hollow grind
Soap/Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Orbit

Luxurious, leisurely Sunday Shave and the first outing with the Titanium Blackbird.

Razor: Titanium Blackland Blackbird
Soap: MWF (I think its tallow from a couple of years ago) - in an old Washpool container with a leftover TOBS Lid - keeping it real and unglamorous here!
Brush: Omega 48 Boar
Balm: Noble Otter Orbit
Aftershave: APR Lavioletta - applied a couple of hours later
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)

Really nice first try. Starting from two days worth of stubble. I had no trouble finding the right angle at all. Can't compare to steel but seemed quite forgiving to me. Maybe it was partly the blade or the weight of titanium. Eventually I'll try something sharper.

I possibly didn't have the greatest lather ever or flawless technique, but no cut/weepers or blood whatsoever. I was determined to have a close shave for my first shave so I did top to bottom then sideways passes and then South to North. BBS except my neck where I where I missed a few hairs but didn't want to push too hard. Possibly a hint of irritation but barely noticeable.

Loving the Noble Otter Balm for when I don't want a strong scent to start with. Lavioletta for the scent a bit later in the morning. All in all happy for my first try with a new Razor.
gdy0i62.jpg

UCGotuO.jpg

Last edited:
PXL-20231103-200738453-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

And then there's this...
How you like Vestige? Augustin make a incredible razors :)

SOTD s262 – Sun 5 Nov 2023

SOTD-20231105-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • Brush: APShave Co “Green&Black” with 24/54 Cashmere
  • Soap: Proraso Refreshing (Green) In a Jar
  • Bowl: Yaqi Green ABS “Duke”
  • Razor: KCG with WCS Bamboo Handle
  • Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (3)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • After Shave: Proraso Green AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]

[A] = Australian Product

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue 2016 Foro Afeitado Limited Edition Finest Badger 25/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Vanilla Sandalwood
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / NOS English Wilky #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac 'Craftsman' Natural Spray EDT

Razor:Gillette superspeed
Blade:feather
Soap and splash: plunder - noble otter
Brush: Troytools purple heart.
such an easy trouble free shave.
Been thinking I should get my straight razor gear out again and use them more

Status
Not open for further replies.