SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday March 18th - 1.30pm - 3.30pm

3FIBY0x.jpg

Looking forward to having the namesake in attendance on the day :)

Could this be his name badge for easy identification, or is it perhaps something else ?​

Last edited:
3FIBY0x.jpg

Looking forward to having the namesake in attendance on the day :)

Could this be his name badge for easy identification, or is it perhaps something else ?​

Hmmm, something else I'd suggest ...

yes name badges or even stickers with both our online handle and names on it would be excellent, puts a face to the name

WHAT! Where is the fun in that?

Oh, you DO know the secret handshake don't you ...

@Mark1966

No handshake required, just look for the tables heaped with shaving gear, your nose should lead you to the general area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh he is not talking about that handshake, there is another far more secret ;)

Exactly!

If you do it well @SpeedyPC you will find a NOS pack of vintage blades in your hand without anybody noticing - oh, that is until @todras screams and shakes his hands while they fall to the floor as he cries out 'YUCK, what was that, some pack of dirty old blades ...' and proceeds to run off to the bathroom to wash that vintage blade goodness away ...

Exactly!

If you do it well @SpeedyPC you will find a NOS pack of vintage blades in your hand without anybody noticing - oh, that is until @todras screams and shakes his hands while they fall to the floor as he cries out 'YUCK, what was that, some pack of dirty old blades ...' and proceeds to run off to the bathroom to wash that vintage blade goodness away ...

Aaaah the old NOS vintage blade secret handshake ;) trick now I can see the light :D:smuggrin:

Last edited:
Guys, now that we have a room; is it possible to set a class of sorts for newbies (me) just to go over problem areas? Any volunteers?

Guys, now that we have a room; is it possible to set a class of sorts for newbies (me) just to go over problem areas? Any volunteers?

The room we have booked is not particularly large, with the amount of 'kit' that will be present at this next meetup it is unlikely that there will be the room to set aside for a class per se. The focus of these meetings is social interaction and sharing what we have acquired in the previous months.

The best option would be for you to have a discussion at the meet-up with other members and see if you can arrange a private meeting with them if you are having specific issues, to ask on the forum in one of the designated areas or even to just have a chat with other members on the day about the specific issues you are having.

Fair enough @todras I am all for social interactions :).

Maybe it's something to look into for further meets.

The room we have booked is not particularly large...

Oh, OK, well I can leave my kit at home if it makes things easier ;)

I suspect that it would be like when I go somewhere without my wife though. People saying hi as they look behind me and say with a disappointed tone 'Oh, Melanie not coming ..' Says it all really :cry:

I suspect that it would be like when I go somewhere without my wife though. People saying hi as they look behind me and say with a disappointed tone 'Oh, Melanie not coming ..' Says it all really :cry:

i know the feeling, im punching well well above my weight, happens to me alot

You call your collection Melanie?

You call your collection Melanie?

Time to take the little green ones Glen, you are getting disorientated and losing concentration. ;)

Let me try again...

'I suspect that it would be like...' - I'm drawing an analogy/simile here, not being literal.

'...when I go somewhere without my wife...' - oh, there it is, a give away reference there!

'...People saying hi as they look behind me and say with a disappointed tone...' - so when I go somewhere without my wife, this happens -

'Oh, Melanie not coming ...' - that is what they say, because my wife is named Melanie.

Now grab that glass of water mate and chug those green ones down :)

Did you want me to bring Melanie to the meet up so you can say hi?

Last edited:
Similie or Analogy?

Who knows? I failed English in my HSC - so I claim to be functionally illiterate. Although this really ^$#$$%#^$^$ off my wife, an English teacher, every time I do ..

Post edited for clarity - thanks mate