Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Once the vintage blade traveling box is finished and all the reviews are in it must be time for something new - the Paste & Cut Traveling Box No. 1 (PCTB1 - for those who live in CBR)

So what is PCTB1? An awesome collection of samples of an eclectic range of soaps, creams, blades and aftershaves - something for everyone!!!!

This is a great opportunity to test drive a wide range of stuff, some not easily available.

Have I whet your appetite?

Stay tuned for more details and maybe even some pics....

Count me out. Wouldn't want to keep you waiting for a review too long :)

Same here. I've got 4 shaves left on the vintage Shick and haven't touched the Personna yet. Could be a month before my reviews are all in. The box is going to have to wait I'm afraid.

OK, maybe pics will be more tempting?

Click on any pic to enlarge.

This is what is on offer guys - any interest?

Tell me what YOU want in the box, never know, I might even throw a razor or two in! :amazed:

For people fairly new to this then it would be an absolutely fantastic opportunity.

Well done to you Mark for putting this together and starting this up.

Hopefully it will give some people exposure to products they haven't tried before, and maybe bring a few lurkers out of the woodwork.

Well Mark, as you know I'm pretty well set for Thayers Witch Hazel :) but I would love to try some of the other lotions and potions there. I've also got most of the soap sticks and creams shown but if I got my hands on the traveling pack I would like to try a Derby and a Merkur blade. Internet reviews are pretty evenly split about those 2 blades. Half the reviews say they are the best blade ever, the other half say they are the worst blade ever.... Kinda like to find out for myself without ponying up for a pack!

It goes without saying if there are any Spoilers left if and when I see the pack, I'll be stealing one :cheesy: I don't have much that isn't already there to add to the pack except for some Crystals and IP blades to keep it stocked.

He, drop me your address in a pm and you can have a pack our so off the derbys, they don't agree with my face in the current razor so you are more than welcome to them. Will be Feb before I can send them on though.

Mark that looks like a very nice box you have set up there, and I for Inge really appreciate the pifs and things like this you have been involved in.

Thanks guys.

So anything in particular you want in, things you want to try (including razors - never know your luck)

THE RULES (as plagiarised YNW and modified slightly)

1. For the sake of simplicity, the box is available to participants in Australia only at this point in time.
2. You will need to be an active member of Paste & Cut to be a participant.
3. Participants will need to provide their address and a contact number to the facilitator (me)
4. The sender is responsible for cleaning the items before sending the box and the receiver is responsible for sanitising the items upon receipt.
5. The box can be kept for 1 week, please do not exceed 2 weeks.
6. You are allowed to take out 1 item to keep if you really love it, providing there are no reserved items (They will be listed in the first post of the Review thread).
7. Keep the items shaving related and make sure your contribution is worthy – ask yourself, ‘If a stranger gave me this, would I use it?’ If yes, go ahead!
8. Don’t contribute to the box hoping your item will remain there for ever.
9. Post when you have received the box and your impression/comments for the products within – we want to hear your opinions and see your pics! Reviews don't need to be complicated, even a rating system is fine.
10. When you have finished, PM the next recipient to ensure they are ready to receive the box.
11. The box is to be posted with a tracking number/express post at all times and that number is to be posted in this thread.
12. Please keep the weight of the box to 2kg or under to keep shipping costs down.
13. Any problems, PM me.

If you are interested in playing please PM me your real name, address and a contact number.

I have 3 razors to put in the box, the three Pureman handles. The only reserved one will be the open comb - I definitely want it back!

Notice there are TWO sticks of Arko in there. It's that good! :D

LOL - either that or you can't give it away!

I have 3 razors to put in the box, the three Pureman handles. The only reserved one will be the open comb - I definitely want it back!

Cool - would like to try them. Are they actually available yet?

Come, one, come all, sign up to the great traveling box!

PM Incoming.

Great job Mark for putting this together!

Lurkers or complete newbies should be all over this, sounds like an excellent way to try out some kit!

OK, I'm in. PM with details on its way. I'm only fairly new to DE shaving and so I don't have a lot to contribute. However a quick stock take shows that I've got a Weishi razor (branded Comoy) that would be perfect for a newbie to snaffle to try out DE Shaving. I can chuck in a pack of IP's and sample bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel toner. I got the 9 bottle sample pack of WH from MensBiz which had both Astringent and Toner samples. I like both but having oily skin, I find the astringents better for me but anyone with dryish skin will love the toner.

BTW, the Weishi/Comoy has only been used about 10 times but of course I will thoroughly clean and sanitize it before adding it to the pack.

Fantastic - a couple of takers!

BTW - no need to feel any pressure to add to the box - unless you take out. You can add stuff next time around!

Still looking for takers!

I have a GEM Featherweight and some blades that I could add if anyone is interested. I still have a load of stuff in my drawer to try though, so I don't want to jump in now but I'd be happy to down the track a little.