alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
I have been waiting for weeks for this, sold 2 very dear razors in order to be able to afford it and can't belive, that a package takes 4 days from Canada to Sydney and 5 days from Sydney to me!!!

I have not shaved with it yet - this will happen tomorrow morning - but I am so excited, that I wanted to share some pictures...mostly of the packaging :)

Outer pack:
1_OuterPackageS_zpsfefpqx3w.jpg

Inner box:
2_PackageS_zpsgy85hpfu.jpg

Inside inner box:
3_InsidePackageS_zpsfp8vn3te.jpg

Another layer...
4_InsideBubbleWrapS_zpsbxslowsb.jpg

Finally 3 pieces - impossible to get the reflection out:
5_ThreePieceS_zpspxa1qr17.jpg

THE WOLF SB-P with WRH2 handle:
6_TheWolfS_zpsg3od1a4z.jpg

Beautiful workmanship and for those who find shipping to expensive - the actual shipping was 70CAN$!!! And he charged 50. That is really nice of him IMO. Many shops offer free shipping in their respective countries on orders above a certain amount. But when you order from outside, you pay the full price - even on a large order...I am alway a bit disappointed with this and I think more sellers should look at what an artisan like James does.

Anyway, if this one shaves only half as good as it looks, there is currently only one baseplate I like to try out, but besides that I think I will switch my attention to brushes ;)

Lovely razor mate. Handsome looking handle.

Looking forward to your initial impressions.

Totally agree with LaP: what a beautiful looking handle! She looks a ripper. Now for the shave...

That is one lovely looking razor!!!!

That handle. That is great. That is equal or better than my Bulldog.
It's a LOT more expensive than your Weber Bulldog handle. [emoji14]

Wolfman prices are what Gillette's old razors would sell for today if made to the same specs, and given the same labor time. But being Gillette, they add another 200%

I don't get the business model of these small makers like Weber - they're always out of stock. People have to want their stuff pretty bad to get hold of it. Performance wise they're not offering anything you can't get from a mass produced razor

... Performance wise they're not offering anything you can't get from a mass produced razor

True BUT would you prefer to hand to your kids one of these or a Merkur with a Zamac head?

True BUT would you prefer to hand to your kids one of these or a Merkur with a Zamac head?
Zamak sounds a pretty rubbish alloy. I'm thinking a personal eradication program....does this mean no more R41?

I will not buy into the ZAMAC vs Stainless discussion - that is pointless IMO. You have to do what you have to do - I can only say I have seen my brothers favourite razor disintegrate...

Back on topic and this was just one shave - and I had some brilliant recent shaves with my ATT and Weber recently, so the bar was set high!

Boy am I happy! The Weber (and for that matter the ATT) handles look like mass produced compared to the Wolf - seriously they are worlds apart.

The shave delivered everything I was prosmissed by some enablers - super easy to find angle, the whole razor sits perfectly in my hand and feels like a natural extension of my arm. Super smooth shave - with fools pass, buffing in the neck and all the other she-bang. Zero weepers, zero nicks, zero irritation - almost no sting from the alum and a super happy and smooth face all over!

I have now only two problems: I want the BBS-1 as well and this might be a razor with which feathers might work for me :) :) :)

Stunning looking razor @alfredus , I'm very happy and relieved it's meeting or exceeding all your expectations for it ths far as it did cost the proverbial king's ransom but as they say buy the best, cry only once and if nothing else you'll well and truly be the envy of many a member here for quite a while to come, as I can't see many others grabbing one just yet.

I can't really see me bagging one ever.
I own one (to me) expensive razor and truth be told I have been wondering recently about getting rid of the great magnetted one to stick with a Fatboy for day to day shaving and a Rocket or similar for travelling with.
I don't really feel there is enough difference between most razors to warrant having more than a couple.

The Fatboy doesn't fit into the plastic razor case that I chuck the Rocket into for travel.

I used to travel as light as possible and only carry take on, which generally meant using a disposable of some kind as finding decent blades can take too much time when you are travelling. But since I got married, and especially now (I presume) with a kid I have had to discover the joys of travelling with checked baggage.

I can't really see me bagging one ever.
I own one (to me) expensive razor and truth be told I have been wondering recently about getting rid of the great magnetted one to stick with a Fatboy for day to day shaving and a Rocket or similar for travelling with.
I don't really feel there is enough difference between most razors to warrant having more than a couple.
I'm sure if you wanted to part with your "magnetted one" there would be willing parties to assist you - namely @stillshunter and myself... [emoji6]

I knew one of you would be sniffing around as soon as I mentioned that.

Might have to wait until the new year, as that would more than likely be a sale only if I do decide to get rid of it.

I knew one of you would be sniffing around as soon as I mentioned that.

Might have to wait until the new year, as that would more than likely be a sale only if I do decide to get rid of it.
Perhaps it may flush one of us out of a Sabbatical... [emoji14] Mexican Standoff!!! Last man standing.

What razor are we talking about here?