The WOLF(man) razor

Yes the #15 was an OC @filobiblic - I was responding to a WTB other there, didn't think anybody here would be interested.
[emoji26] I feel sad and neglected. We were overlooked... Back in the good ole days, before the likes of me was around. You'd post your lovely razors for sale here... But not anymore... [emoji17]

Yes, but as far as I know the chrome box is much much rarer than the leather pouch or the Bakelite box...
I believe somebody once told me, while the later tow where ~2GBP in the 30's, the chrome boxed one went for ~10GBP - in the 30's...

Have to look up the exact numbers - but I think there are pictures of sales lists out there.

prices.jpg

VERY COOL - I love paper goods!!!
Never seen the MM with the green case. I think the BB is the most comon - also usually the case looks good, have seen only beaten up leather cases and I think only one HH...

From the picture it seems the black lines were actually part of the case of the De Luxe - never seen that before either. Guess most sellers cleaned up the black colour...

I know this doesn't happen here too often - but does one of the Mods want to cut out all the talk about the Red Ring and maybe start a new Red Ring thread? Just an idea...

That would be a good idea but I can't - or at least don't know how

2nd shave with the Wolf today. Was in a hurry and that is when I usually get out the RRSS. But I just had to use the Wolf again...

I really went to town today, as I was so pressed for time. The razor was still super smooth, yet very forgiving. Fantastic result - definitely close than what I would have gotten with the slant and still almost no sting with the alum and a very happy post-shave feel.

Next shave: sharper blade.

2nd shave with the Wolf today. Was in a hurry and that is when I usually get out the RRSS. But I just had to use the Wolf again...

I really went to town today, as I was so pressed for time. The razor was still super smooth, yet very forgiving. Fantastic result - definitely close than what I would have gotten with the slant and still almost no sting with the alum and a very happy post-shave feel.

Next shave: sharper blade.
Tame wolf? Or merely under expert control? [emoji6]

Definitely not an expert. But also don't think the Wolf is tame - more a perfectly trained Wolf :) :) :)

Third shave today with The Wolf - today with a PolSilver SI. The razor was again super smooth - it is really unbelievable. Having said that, I subconsciously needed to know, if the razor really can't bite.

Doing my fourth pass really carelessly and thinking of all the stuff I have to do before leaving tomorrow for China and there you go - nice deep nick in my labiomental crease/labret...

Having said that: again unbelievably close and super smooth shave. Sharper blade agrees very well with razor and I might go even further. Next have though Friday or Saturday. Travelling only with cabin baggage and will have to rely on my brothers 34C - always wanted to try it out!

Sorry mate I just scanned this thread and noticed we completely trampled most of pages 2 and 3 with Red Ring talk. So what did you have loaded in the Wolfman for
Day One:
Day Two:
Day Three: PolSilver SI
...and on which day do you load a GBE or GSB or Feather?

Day 1: Voskhod (1)
Day 2: Voskhod (2)
Day 3: PolSilver SI (1)

Future:
Day 4: PolSilver SI (2)

Day 5 either 3rd shave with PolSilver or back to Voskhod for 2 shaves
Then will try Gillette Silver Blues, come back to Voskhod and then Kai, then back to Voskhod and then MAYBE I will not wimp out on the feather :) :) :)

GBE???

Sorry don't do vintage...

I would love to try out a couple of those indestructible Wilkinson - but else I don't see the point in starting to use (and maybe LOVE) disposables that you can't get anymore - doesn't sound like fun

Sorry don't do vintage...

I would love to try out a couple of those indestructible Wilkinson - but else I don't see the point in starting to use (and maybe LOVE) disposables that you can't get anymore - doesn't sound like fun
The thrill of the chase?
And what about modern razor blades that are hard to get or production is killed off? Same principle.

I think the biggest advantage of a good vintage blade is that it lasts far longer than a modern blade. It's an experience.

There's also something awesome about using a vintage razor with a blade from the same era.

Third shave with the Wolf and again it did not disappoint!

5 days worth of growth and runny lather seem to be no match - fantastic smooth shave, went through the growth like butter and everything feels silky smooth!

The blade is still sharp and will use it again for a third time.

Seems like the Wolf is the new king of the pack (of stainless steel razors)!

Seems like the Wolf is the new king of the pack (of stainless steel razors)!
Ahem....I beg to differ....A....S....D....2....

....can anyone second this?
(ummm @Young Buck help a brother out here mate)

Sounds great @alfredus , so is it clearly your favourite? Clearly enough to clear out the rest of those pesky slants? ;)

Ahem....I beg to differ....A....S....D....2....

....can anyone second this?
(ummm @Young Buck help a brother out here mate)

Sounds great @alfredus , so is it clearly your favourite? Clearly enough to clear out the rest of those pesky slants? ;)
Uh oh clearing out....mmmmmmhhhhhhh
OK so I have one RRSS which I will definitely keep as a travel razor and then I have a Weber and a ATT R1 - those 2 might be endangered species, but definitely not in the short term. Have to give the Wolf at least 10 shaves and then go back and forth to see how we go...

Uh oh clearing out....mmmmmmhhhhhhh
OK so I have one RRSS which I will definitely keep as a travel razor and then I have a Weber and a ATT R1 - those 2 might be endangered species, but definitely not in the short term. Have to give the Wolf at least 10 shaves and then go back and forth to see how we go...
I'm the same mate, just testing the AS-D2 for a bit longer, but mine will be on the BST soon too I fear - hopefully a little before yours mate ;)
...poor Weber, was a time you couldn't get your mitts on one and now the market will be as flooded with them as it is with Plisson synths...

I'm the same mate, just testing the AS-D2 for a bit longer, but mine will be on the BST soon too I fear - hopefully a little before yours mate ;)
...poor Weber, was a time you couldn't get your mitts on one and now the market will be as flooded with them as it is with Plisson synths...
Watch how quick they will sell though... Still a demand. And Weber currently aren't making razor heads. They may never return to the market.