TOB Jermyn Street fanbois club

Ordered the Jermyn St last night - might think about getting the OCCAMS in a few weeks or days.

Yeah, I definitely want some Occams too - most of the guys that have tried it have rated it highly.

Funnily enough the Simpsons tin is starting to get pretty low now, certainly didn't last the advertised 'roughly 12 months supply' and I only shave every second day. I did give a single sample pot to @gthomas04. Mind you I can be a bit heavy on the product.

It's starting to get warm so Proraso Green and hopefully Occams Lime will be my main rotation over the summer, plus the odd hit with MWF.

WOW i gave this stuff a whirl this morning, the smell is AMAZING!!! and with the performance to match.
How much product do you use? its very hard to judge if i am using too much - assuming i am, as i had enough lather for a 6th pass. Do you dip your brush or pick out a peanut sized piece if cream.

I lightly dip the tips of the damp brush. Then add water as appropriate while lathering.

WOW i gave this stuff a whirl this morning, the smell is AMAZING!!! and with the performance to match.

Welcome to the Fanbois! Glad that you find the scent as great as we do. It's a definite modern-day interpretation of an old-school scent. And the best part is that it has plenty of oomph, I can often smell it my myself a couple of hours later.

Doesn't hurt that most women really like it too. I often get a comment like 'you smell nice' with it. There is an AS (I was the first person to buy it from Mensbiz) which is castor-oil based & a bit greasy, but the scent lasts for ages. There is also an EdT which I am yet to get but have always wanted it.

How much product do you use? its very hard to judge if i am using too much - assuming i am, as i had enough lather for a 6th pass. Do you dip your brush or pick out a peanut sized piece if cream.

Yeah, as Egg said just wet your brush and shake it out, then lightly tap it into the cream. You should get little bits on the wet clumps of the hair, and enough 'area' on the brush approximate to a 20c piece. If you get bigger clumps of the cream on the brush then it is too much.

I've got some inbound. Tried lots of TOBS, but a few were pretty bland scent wise, like St James and avo.

MrT and Sandalwood are pretty smelly. What can I expect from Jermyn?

Doesn't hurt that most women really like it too.

It does when it becomes Wifeberts shaving cream of choice for her legs. Means it disappears 3 times as quick!

I've got some inbound. Tried lots of TOBS, but a few were pretty bland scent wise, like St James and avo.

MrT and Sandalwood are pretty smelly. What can I expect from Jermyn?

It's possibly a bit stronger in scent than Sandalwood. If you are comparing say the TOBS Sandalwood to Proraso Red, you know they are completely different. The Proraso is pretty much a straight Mysore Sandalwood, whereas the TOBS is a cologne-like Sandalwood scent, with plenty of other supporting oils and scents in it.

The TOBS site says of Jermyn as being "A modern fresh fougere fragrance with bergamot, lemon, lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium, neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk, patchouli and vanilla. An allergen free fragrance which contains Patchouli oil."

I mostly get Patchouli/Vanilla & Geranium/Lavender accords out of it. The Amber & Musk take a while to show up for me. It definitely melds the Fougère (Fern) & Gourmand (Sweet) styles in a very usable and wearable scent although the initial hit of Patchouli is very strong and might put you off a bit.

I think you will like it Drubs. Modern yet classic, and not a old man scent either.

It does when it becomes Wifeberts shaving cream of choice for her legs. Means it disappears 3 times as quick!

I meant more as smelling it on a man - the women really love it because it isn't a scent they know and it smells great. If Wifebert likes the lathering then you could just get the normal sensitive formulation cream for her instead, but an ex-GF prefered MWF above all else for her legs and that lasts forever!

Last edited:
I like patchouli. I was a re-hippy back in the early 80s...

The TOBS sandalwood is very strong. I get a very mild prickle from it sometimes, I'm sure it's the fragrance, as other TOBS are fine. Hopefully the frags in Jermyn don't irritate.

I also got the odd prickle from the Sandalwood, so you were not alone there. At first I thought it was my Muhle pure badger brush which is known to be a bit prickly, but I also got it with the Smog 730HD so it could only be the cream/scent.

Jermyn is probably right up your alley then, what took you so bloody long?? Is this the software to make you give up Arlington?

Cooled off on the Arlington yonks ago. Excellent scent (and I'm not really fussed about those, so long as it's not arko), but the soap is so bloody hard, you have to really work to get it in the brush. And I find it slow to lather up. If you love the stuff, you get your moneys worth. This soap is unkillable.

My dailys are pretty much Cella, Speick, Proraso and Tabac. But for some reason like using creams in summer.

Thanks though Jermyn sounds good. Big fan of TOBS creams.

I'm not sure about it being a summer cream to tell the truth. On very hot days I find it a bit overpowering

Agreed egg I love it, but used it on a hot afternoon a few days ago and the AS afterwards and it was a bit cloying. Otherwise in cooler weather it's a daily shaver for sure.

Other tobs I liked from the sample kit were grapefruit (awesome summer scent, fresh and zesty, with that real grapefruit bite) and eton college. For some reason I loved the st James aftershave sample I got ages ago, but the cream underwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, it's great stuff - just wouldn't be my daily driver in the wet season.

I give it the occasional run in summer, usually on a cooler day. I know what he means, it is quite strong and it often comes out of your pores in the heat.

Jermyn Street fanbois? More like second hand carbois! After I let myself be enabled to buy the stuff I get told that:
  • it's a bit cloying (never quite sure what that means but it's not good)
  • a bit over powering
  • quite strong and often comes out of your pores (that just sounds positively scary)
  • wouldn't be my daily driver
  • only give it the occasional run in summer
This is not filling me with a great deal of confidence.

Haha I would say the opposite... My second shave today with it, so I'm not qualified for a review haha. But I used a lot less product this morning, maybe not enough even. Still gave a very slick shave but as for the smell it's an hour later and I can't smell it much, maybe very slightly. I've just arrived at the gym and completed a few sets, no extra scent coming from my pores. It's probably not a 30+ degree scent but I would still give it a run on a warmish day.