TOB Jermyn Street fanbois club

Why trade a tub of XXX for this stuff?! Give me the XXX anyday! Perhaps if it was a RR soap with the Jermyn St scent...
Hey @filobiblic I'm trying my best to make this an attractive deal…I could put some Conks up if that would make you happier mate ;) But seriously, it's not so much about necessarily going better with me but going different, experiencing something a little different and sharing with others who want to experience a little change. I've tried XXX and now I'm curious about the Jermyn Street and next week it will be….oh jeez, Mikes, Stirling, etc.

I have a 75ml tube with perhaps 40-50ml left in it. I've enjoyed it for a few months so if your interested stills I can trade it or send a sample for you to try

Shaver shop and jermyn were very similar for me. I got the sampler pack and working my way through the whole collection. The avocado seems different and more moisturising to me. Otherwise most of the shaves are so so similar.

Jermyn and shaver shop are similar?? And I just missed stills shaver shop soap and cologne?? Bah!

They do smell different. But I would have to sit down and practice sniff them to get to the point of telling you which is which. I got myself the J cream soap and smelly. It's good. But o reckon that shaver shop was a real good buy!

Does anybody have the aftershave JS? I am thinking of getting some, however the reviews on mensbiz say it is nothing like the scent of the shave cream, and it can smell quite floral.
If not can anyone reccomend a good barbershop scent A/S. I really like the scent of this and even the Bluebeards creams if that gives you a baseline.

I think a couple on here have it. Can't help you with a match, and 'barbershop' is a pretty wide choice of potential scents.

I throw on Old Spice after most shaves, regardless of what I lathered with. I'm not really into being 'scented', but OS is actually a damn good old style aftershave, local and cheap. It just happens to smell good too.

Brut is another, the AS is more fern like than the splash. Both these were probably ruined in the 70s when all the ads told men to drown themselves in it like it was a love potion. You might not like either, but at least you can throw some on for free in Coles.

TOBS sandalwood cologne is also good, and may even be closer to JS than the JS. It's more sweet vanilla than anything else.

If not can anyone reccomend a good barbershop scent A/S. I really like the scent of this and even the Bluebeards creams if that gives you a baseline.
Floid?

Inaugural Jermyn Street shave (thanks @Nonick ). Smell strikes me as quite modern - has that hint of Lynx about it - not offensive just not classic, it's like the under-30s version of the Shaving Shop. Lathered very nicely indeed. Provided reasonable glide and protection. All-in-all I'd have no issues recommending this cream to a new shaver, esp. one who claims to have sensitive skin, but there is better cream in my books - Tabac, MWF, Occams and Speick come immediately to mind - and I'd contend the later two would suit those with sensitive skin just as well. However, lathering this cream is a breeze….though anyone used Occams ;)

That scent to me is the best scent ive come accross. Can you tell im 30? Ive used it daily for the last weekish and im addicted to it. The only improvement i would make is i want more slikness. Im yet to try MWF, the lanolin link to ingrown hairs scares me ALOT.

Oh I didn't realise there is a lanolin link to ingrowns. I get ingrowns when I use Gillette blades or non sharp ones ;)
It's news to me and would like to read more upon it as well.

I have the JS soap sms it smells really great!

The soap is so solid, I'm going to have to grate it as it's just too difficult to load.

Try putting very hot water on it for a few minutes before you shave.

I have the JS soap sms it smells really great!

The soap is so solid, I'm going to have to grate it as it's just too difficult to load.

as @Nonick said, try 'blooming' the soap with a decent few drops of water for a couple of minutes before pre loading, a few times doing this then sealing the soap up with no residual water will hydrate the soap and make loading in future much easier.

Myself I use the Jermyn St cream, it's a solid performer and has a fantastic scent.

@todras
Thanks, Good tip...but I don't subscribe to blooming. There's something about a water logged puck that doesn't sit right with me.
Plus in my rotation, each soap comes up once every couple of months so it's dry out by that time I guess. I don't like grating soaps either but will do it with the JS as it's the first time grating a soap has become necessary in order to use it.