Weber razors - anyone used one?

You have a thousand other razors don't you though GT? Like Mark, but a little less discriminating (will buy SE razors, and other brands than Gillette).

You have a thousand other razors don't you though GT? Like Mark, but a little less discriminating (will buy SE razors, and other brands than Gillette).
I wish - no I probably have 30 to 40 razors - you are correct quite indiscriminate buying, but I got lucky did all my buying before the prices went silly - I tended to bulk buy in the days when 20 to 30 dollars would be you five or six gillettes including Slims with maybe a SE thrown in. Doubt whether I would play in todays market.

What a pity the AUD has just bombed against the Greenback this month...
Quick mate you better order now, as the exchange rate isn't going to be getting any better any time soon - though @Mark1966 will have a better idea than many. But more importantly an exclusive club shared with Drubs and GT…hmmmm…USD70 is a small price to pay for expulsion.

Current drop is due to my wife's current trip and my impending trip - it will bounce back when we want to convert currency BACK into $AUD ...

Who in Sydney is actually interested in purchasing one ?
I'm interested, yet at this stage, not committed.
Perhaps we can work something out to the benefit to all ? :)

Who in Sydney is actually interested in purchasing one ?
I'm interested, yet at this stage, not committed.
Perhaps we can work something out to the benefit to all ? :)

Haha! @Ybbor just bought one (see this thread.

I'm in the same category as you @borked: interested, not committed.

Do I need to arrange a Weber pass- around ?

C'mon fellas 2yrs later and you're only just seeing these are a bloody steal at the current prices. Honestly I'm really surprised that they haven't gone up quite a bit since I ordered back in 2012.

I find that my Slim will do a marginally better 2 pass shave - but for a 1 pass shave(which I often do) nothing I have beats the Weber. Merkur 37c (HD Slant) comes closest with the right blade - whereas the Weber tends to be far more forgiving of shitty blades (on the rare occassion I decide to retry one - the 37c will gouge you with anything but something very sharp in it).

The Merkur feels VERY cheap next to the Weber, which has a fantastic feel and tactileness to it. You can tell it's been individually handmade and everything about it just screams 'Why would you pay up to double for an Ikon or Feather SS?'

Don't get me wrong as one doesn't need to have a SS razor in their rotation but if you feel that compulsion I really don't think you can make a case for getting anything other than the Weber once you look at what you get for the $USD70.

I find that my Slim will do a marginally better 2 pass shave - but for a 1 pass shave(which I often do) nothing I have beats the Weber.

Now this I am looking forward to better appreciating. Had my first ever shave with the Slim and it was not in the realm of the Weber. First time was purposefully mild - set to 4 - so next run will be at 6 and we'll see how things improve. Slim was super smooth though nowhere as efficient nor could I get as close. This call, mate, is very encouraging.

I've never tried my Fatboy executive below a 6. 4 sounds like the level you let your twelve year old try so that he doesn't think he is a total wimp, yet can still do no harm

I've never tried my Fatboy executive below a 6. 4 sounds like the level you let your twelve year old try so that he doesn't think he is a total wimp, yet can still do no harm
You halfway through your workplace diplomacy training mate? [emoji57]

So 6 or 7 next time maybe? Funny though that, based on the measurbating YKW, the blade gap of the Weber is around a 4 on a Slim, hence why I started there. Faulty logic obviously.