Weber razors - anyone used one?

No idea about measurements of the Wave!

I'm in for at least the Classic handle, maybe a whole Classic razor if that helps

No idea about measurements of the Wave!

I'm in for at least the Classic handle, maybe a whole Classic razor if that helps
Fine I'll do the research then! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile that's the spirit Mark. Be honest I'm wondering the same myself. Maybe a full Classic and the Wave handle. I never want to be without a Weber again. Having played with the Slim this week, I really appreciate the advanced a few years have made….or more precisely how good a razor Ed Weber has designed here. Looks like many others but is alone in it's level of performance.

No thanks to @Mark1966 , :whistle: it seems the Wave handle shares its height and girth with the Bulldog.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Moot point though as the Wave handles appear unavailable, in anything but the world of obese prices YKW.

Borked, caveat emptor as managing a 'group buy' can tend to leave one wondering WTF you were ever thinking.
Is why I've asked the boss if he rather me invite Ed here, so Ed can offer any deals direct :)

Borked,

Thank you for the interest in our razors.
We are working on bringing back the Wave handle, but that is at least a few weeks away.

Since our razors are priced significantly below the other stainless steel offerings, we don't offer discounts, but we do offer flat rate shipping to Australia ($14 regardless of razor or handle quantity).
We offered a DLC coating a few years back, but not rhodium.
We don't plan on offering a coated head version again, instead we are keeping with the polished head version that is un-coated and color matched to the handle.

Thanks again,

Ed
Weber Razor

I hope that clears a few things up :)
Sounds like if we get our act together, we might be able to jump on a purchase of the Wave before ykw are aware 'that is if @Mark1966 can keep mum about it ;) '

@borked: I'll be in for the polished head with Bulldog handle.

Fair enough response from Ed@Weber - from a business perspective you're always going to be averse to discounting a product that CONSISTANTLY sells out within a few days of being on the market. That said I think if you could rustle up a dozen razor order etc and they're able to sell direct rather than via Amazon that might bring about some reconsideration.

Any cost benefit vs hassle has to take into account the extra domestic postage charges and hassle/risk for the organiser - hence group deals are often hard to justify and perhaps just centralising a few orders might work out better eg. if you have 5 MEL based buyers you can meet up and collect + swapsie other stuff etc. Otherwise perhaps you're only looking at a ~$8-10 saving per person without putting a price on the hassle/risk/time of the organiser.

Haha can you tell I've organised a few group buys on other forums? Often a pretty thankless task - so be careful for what you wish for...

Hmmm good info on the wave handle. I get the distinct feeling that whilst it catches the eye after a few uses you'd find it a bit of a PITA and go with the classic or bulldog far more often (assuming you have them all). If waves in handles were such a good idea Gillette etc would have done it decades back. Bit of girth and lotsa knurling > waves.

Hmmm good info on the wave handle. I get the distinct feeling that whilst it catches the eye after a few uses you'd find it a bit of a PITA and go with the classic or bulldog far more often (assuming you have them all). If waves in handles were such a good idea Gillette etc would have done it decades back. Bit of girth and lotsa knurling > waves.

A man of wisdom and sense :)

A man of wisdom and sense :)
Ah dunno about that but all I can say is that without any exaggeration the moment I first picked up my Weber with bulldog handle it was like all other handles had been cheapie/nasties. The grip/tactility of it is through the room - think racing slicks on your car vs regular tyres. In comparison it makes my merkur feel like a wet bar of soap.

My reservation with the wave would be it'd significantly limit where it'd be comfy to hold. I sometimes walk my fingers up/down the handle whilst shaving depending on where I'm shaving and what pass etc - and with the wave I don't know that this'd be quite as feasible/easy.

Fair enough response from Ed@Weber - from a business perspective you're always going to be averse to discounting a product that CONSISTANTLY sells out within a few days of being on the market. That said I think if you could rustle up a dozen razor order etc and they're able to sell direct rather than via Amazon that might bring about some reconsideration.

Yeah. Sounds like Ed does a good deal from the start and it's not worth his time/money discounting further. I think that's the reason he doesn't put the Weber razor on Massdrop to be discounted further.

I think it'll be more about what it saves US in terms of international postage. He may throw in a small discount but it'll have to be a large order I reckon.

Any cost benefit vs hassle has to take into account the extra domestic postage charges and hassle/risk for the organiser - hence group deals are often hard to justify and perhaps just centralising a few orders might work out better eg. if you have 5 MEL based buyers you can meet up and collect + swapsie other stuff etc. Otherwise perhaps you're only looking at a ~$8-10 saving per person without putting a price on the hassle/risk/time of the organiser.

Yep. That's good advice. You need to also factor in the local Aussie postage.

Since @borked was putting his hand up to organising it, I would simply pick it up from him locally in Sydney. It sounds like @Monsta_AU wants a razor also so that's at least 3 in Sydney. Not sure if we'll get significant mass beyond that (other than a couple of other razors being sent down to Canberra...).

Haha can you tell I've organised a few group buys on other forums? Often a pretty thankless task - so be careful for what you wish for...

Thanks for your advice NtK! Good stuff.

Yeah, since we already have quite a few Weber razors in people's hands it may mean that we're unlikely to get a huge discount or cost savings. It may only be a reduced rate on the international postage since they'll be sent together.

Anywho... We'll see what happens- or not! [emoji4]

If @stillshunter wanted something it could be sent from SYD in one parcel as he owes me a drink (not sure why now) and we will catch up for a handover

If @stillshunter wanted something it could be sent from SYD in one parcel as he owes me a drink (not sure why now) and we will catch up for a handover
So we have a few from SYD and a couple from CAN which would at least save on postage...
@borked- what next? [emoji4]

Depending on the timing from the US, esp. since I won't be back until late Oct/early Nov, @borked could include our items in the final leg of the PCTB2 to me.

Depending on the timing from the US, esp. since I won't be back until late Oct/early Nov, @borked could include our items in the final leg of the PCTB2 to me.
Nice thought but that box is stuffed full... Too full! I'm going to hand that problem over to @borked and let him work out how to post it to you. [emoji16]

Nice thought but that box is stuffed full... Too full! I'm going to hand that problem over to @borked and let him work out how to post it to you. [emoji16]
First World problem!
…and First World problems require First World solutions.
Easy - consume more!!!! :sick:

First World problem!
…and First World problems require First World solutions.
Easy - consume more!!!! :sick:

Yeah. Trying to consume less but not working...

Boy we do seem to wander about in our discussions...