Weber razors - anyone used one?

@gthomas04 is that inclusive using a Feather in said slim upon 4 ?

Ok, just fired off an email to see what pricing is for the three different handle types, head and postage to me.
While at it, asked if multiples are bought, if there are price breaks and if custom options are available, such as rhodium coating (not a big deal as sure I can get it done locally).
Will report back when I know anything and if things look serious, expect a PM @Monsta_AU :)

Ok, just fired off an email to see what pricing is for the three different handle types, head and postage to me.
While at it, asked if multiples are bought, if there are price breaks and if custom options are available, such as rhodium coating (not a big deal as sure I can get it done locally).
Will report back when I know anything and if things look serious, expect a PM @Monsta_AU :)

Keep me in the loop also please.

Can be plated however it's a bit unnecessary. When refining stainless steel plates are used to make sheets of the refined metal.
Wait 'til you see it, you'll be amazed that they could buff stainless that shiny. You won't want to be plating it - unless, of course, you want a gold number to match your manly chest stylings. You know what I'm talking about….
sleaze5yh.jpg

There are some things once seen just cannot be un-seen.

really @stillshunter - did you have to?

Let me alleviate that @Mark1966
1zv7jb7.jpg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... ;)
Speculate away :p (yet play nice and keep it within the walls of this forum for the moment please)

Let me alleviate that @Mark1966
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... ;)
Speculate away :p (yet play nice and keep it within the walls of this forum for the moment please)
Wow the Wave handles are REALLY sought after, they sell out in a heartbeat - did you actually snag one or just teasing with someone elses?

I can't recall but I think when I ordered mine there might have been an option to have the wave handle instead of the Bulldog. I think I wasn't sure if I'd like it whereas I knew the Bulldog would be a sure thing.

Really lovely bit of kit. Love the way the Weber stuff LOOKS man made, so you can see the minor burnishing marks in it etc. Far prefer the polish SS to the DRC/ARC stuff that the yanks are paying stupid private sale money for now. Odd thing is that when they came out they were not that popular, kinda look like crap IMHO - especially this new tendency to coat the entire bloody razor (handle and all) like a few of the companies over there are doing.

Nick, it has been suggested more will be coming at a minimum of a few weeks away...

Nick, it has been suggested more will be coming at a minimum of a few weeks away...
I wonder if Mr Weber could be persuaded to put aside a few and sent down south along with a few new razors...?

Hmmm well I can't really justify the cost just for a great looking extra handle - so I'll abstain. They're very helpful if contacted directly so if you could put together a handful of buyers (which based on the major Weber fanboi base we're building of late) I'd say they'd be possibly receptive.

You might have to 'Croc Dundee' it up a little though to build that rapport to seal the deal - Yanks still lap that stuff up - so maybe tell them it's to shave your pet Koala or that the Kangaroo you ride to work each day needs where you sit cleaned up etc.

Seriously though I think they only sell via Amazon, so could be a tough one to wangle buy 'don't ask, don't get' and if a group deal is able to be put in place I may have to reconsider getting a wave handle. ;-)

Not sure I like that 'wave' handle but a Classic one is definitely on my shopping list - either as a handle or full razor.

In case anybody is wondering in real measurements...

Classic - Length: 9.8425cm Diameter: 1.143cm Weight: 68.0389gr

Bulldog - Length: 7.9375cm Diameter: 1.270cm Weight: 62.369gr

Borked,

The Wave is the same diameter as the bulldog, right at .5 inches in
diameter. Pricing for the cap, comb and the 3 different handles would
be $146 with the shipping being $14 ($160 USD total). The handle is
made out of marine grade 316 stainless. The handle is machined and this
grade of steel is a good mixture of machinability, strength and
corrosion resistance. The head is made out of 17-4PH which is a
stronger grade than the handle, and also has good corrosion resistance.
316 would probably have been fine, but we wanted to ensure the integrity
of the head, given the smaller size and geometry.

Thanks again for the interest,

Ed
Weber Razor

Read elsewhere that there was speculation about two different stainless steels used and he admits as much and explains why.
As for price, bundling all three handles appears to not afford a cheaper price.
I imagine he would be hesitant to commit to pricing before I threw some numbers at him.
So, who is interested and in what ?
No commitment at this stage naturally, just seeking numbers to see if they affect the final pricing.

@Monsta_AU would you prefer I link him to this thread and he openly offers a deal if one is possible ?
Or are you happy me continuing?

Not sure I like that 'wave' handle but a Classic one is definitely on my shopping list - either as a handle or full razor.

In case anybody is wondering in real measurements...

Classic - Length: 9.8425cm Diameter: 1.143cm Weight: 68.0389gr

Bulldog - Length: 7.9375cm Diameter: 1.270cm Weight: 62.369gr
…and the Wave handle?

So, who is interested and in what ?
Depends, is the Wave an available option?

Borked, caveat emptor as managing a 'group buy' can tend to leave one wondering WTF you were ever thinking. I'll pass as I have mini-splurged on stuff lately, which isn't so bad after I read of others here's exploits but bearing in mind that I now have a beard its getting a tad harder to explain to SWMBO.