What blade should I buy a 1000 of?

@eggbert, I guess the main question is if you already have a stock of vintage blades or you are trying to get something right now when there is lack of vintage blades on the market.
The question was what should Mark buy 1000 blades of and I made an alternate suggestion. I happen to know that he already had a reasonable supply (10+ years worth) of vintage blades, and I know he favours them so I suggested more.

The question was what should Mark buy 1000 blades of and I made an alternate suggestion. I happen to know that he already had a reasonable supply (10+ years worth) of vintage blades, and I know he favours them so I suggested more.

I would if I could get decent numbers at a decent price. I was late to the vintage blade party :(

Hey - Happy shaving :)

... and the winner is -

200-polsilver-blades__27050__43513.1375572091.1280.1280.jpg

Got a neat 1000 on the way -

Heard and read good things about them. They are at least 'semi-vintage' so I feel I'm pretty much in keeping with my other stock.

Now all my blade problems should be solved ...

Wow. Go you good thing...

You need a new banner mate, once they arrive :)
Wonder when mine are due???

OK P&C brethren...

IF I felt the need to buy 1000 blades what would I get?

Vintage Polsilvers?
Polsilver SIs?
Voskod?
Personna Lab Blues?
Astra SP?
Merkur? (cough, cough)
Dorco Prime Platinum?
Something else?

@Mark1966 - Just get a nice German or Japanese straight and stop (a) stressing about blades and (b) polluting the planet with blunt ones (y)

I can hook you up with a lovely razor at a reasonable price - do you like the Sweeney Todd look? ;)

@Mark1966 - Just get a nice German or Japanese straight and stop (a) stressing about blades and (b) polluting the planet with blunt ones (y)

I can hook you up with a lovely razor at a reasonable price - do you like the Sweeney Todd look? ;)

Straight = skills I don't have.

DE = smooth and comfortable :)

@Mark1966 hunt up a "1000" buy it now on some vintage Personna 74's. :)

Straight = skills I don't have.

None of us do when we start. Not saying I do now but I do have more than when I started.
A great way to ease into a straight is to shave the first pass with a DE/SE then shave the second pass with the straight. This allows the muscle memory to develop and there is virtually nothing to shave so the feeling you are going to slice and dice is greatly reduced.

LOL - @nav1 - is there any left now?

They must have had a few to be able to meet all the orders from here :)

I still do not get your guys and your need to obtain so many blades, especially vintage ones. I'm not criticising or belittling anyone at all! It just strikes me as quite singular almost peculiar that's all.

I have used feathers for years now, and before that Wilkinson Sword blades (in a fatboy) and have always been more than happy with their performance.

Am I missing something here ? or is it just a case of you guys having the best of the best of kit and so this is just an extension of that?

Genuinely curious!

I still do not get your guys and your need to obtain so many blades, especially vintage ones. I'm not criticising or belittling anyone at all! It just strikes me as quite singular almost peculiar that's all.

I have used feathers for years now, and before that Wilkinson Sword blades (in a fatboy) and have always been more than happy with their performance.

Am I missing something here ? or is it just a case of you guys having the best of the best of kit and so this is just an extension of that?

Genuinely curious!

Singularly peculiar as opposed to the other stuff that happens around here? ;)

Why so many? a) because you can b) in case of the shavepocalypse c) just in case d) see a)

Why vintage ones? a) because you can b) they often shave smoother and last longer c) the thrill of the hunt d) see a)

Having the best of the best of kit? a) maybe b) my blade stash is bigger than your blade stash c) you get a cool badge after big blade buys d) because you can

Odd? Yes

Weird? Yes

Obsessive? Yes

Peculiar? Yes

Now, with that out of the way PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of samples to get you started ... :)

Speaking of such. .. @Monsta_AU can the appropriate banner be bestowed upon those with the fortitude to buy big enought to qualify?

Now, with that out of the way PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of samples to get you started ... :)

The Site Admin @Monsta_AU needs to make you a custom banner under "Site Moderator" that says "Enabler". I know once I receive the blades I will be drawn in and become part of the vintage blade acquisition en masse I can just feel it somehow....

PM sent, thank you for the most kind offer :)