What do you have in the post right now?

Got a Merkur 25C open comb coming to replace the R41. Hopefully won't need whip and stool to tame this one.

$20 delivered from himage can't go too far wrong. It's $50 at MB!

Although I like the idea of using a local, relatively small supplier and also recognising that their turnover is lower and delivery charges higher than bigger firms, I still can't fathom why everything has to be nearly twice the price of firms like Himage or Connaughts. Also the delivery times from the UK are similar if not better. Beats me.

This doesn't warrant it's own thread and kinda ties in with this one - so yada yada I'll pop it here. I've a dashcam on the way for a friend. I've had one for several months, already proven invaluable - highly recommend a decent one to others (especially with the unscrupulous actions of some folks when it comes to being honest after a traffic accident!)

Anyway ordered from Gearbest, standard Chinese online gadget mob. A bit more than 2 weeks on I'm wondering why I've heard nothing about my pals order. Check my online account and it's showing as 'processing' - which is online retailer talk for 'we've taken your funds but done nothing yet!'.

Email their support team querying whats the holdup etc and I just got a reply which amongst other things stated that the 2.5 week delay was due to them:
We are now testing the item (QC check) for you.
:cautious:

As I stated to them back, worst excuse for a delay EVER - I had to take the piss and ask them to please detail their testing methodology/timeline etc.:cool:

^^^ wrong thread @Nick the Knife !!!

Can't you read the title - 'What do you have in the post right now?' - you clearly DON'T have this in the post right now at all!

Please start another thread - 'What do you have been held up in QC?" :)

Hmm, what do I have in the post ?
Something for @Mark1966, something for @filobiblic.
Something French, something German, two things that are Stainless Steel and something NOS.
No thanks to you guys, my ebay feedback is now in triple figures!

Email their support team querying whats the holdup etc and I just got a reply which amongst other things stated that the 2.5 week delay was due to them

It's actually a good thing - some of these products are a bit iffy in the factory QC, and they would rather send you a working one as it costs them less in the long run. You get a working unit and don't have to worry about the return of a non-working unit.

Generally, I would just buy a quality BlackVue from a local retailer as long as the price was okay. The BlackVues seem to be very highly regarded.

It's actually a good thing - some of these products are a bit iffy in the factory QC, and they would rather send you a working one as it costs them less in the long run. You get a working unit and don't have to worry about the return of a non-working unit.

Prolly like you I've bought from most of the online China/HK gadget sellers and yes you do get some dodgy stuff from time to time so IF they had a team of Techs out the back running around testing all manner of items the sell, which if they're anything like most others will be everything from niche PC components to soldering irons to android tablets to marital aids! (I'm sure nothing quite says 'I love you darling' than a bodgy dildo!

So IF that all were actually being QC tested I agree it'd be a good thing.

For cheap stuff they generally don't care, but the more $150+ items tend to get checked as the cost of postage and customer service at that level blows away their profit and then some.

GearBest & BangGood tend to check their more expensive stuff. DX doesn't care.

I'm waiting for a new bicycle helmet.
Lazer Goggle Brass

STREET_2015_goggle-brass.jpg

Tea?
TEA?
WTF is it with tea/coffee?
*thinks to oneself, freaks*
Seriously, I fail to understand the appeal of either...

Someday I will drop by & prepare a pot of Imperial Noon, to enlighten you :LOL:

Someday I will drop by & prepare a pot of Imperial Noon, to enlighten you :LOL:
Challenge accepted, yet I must warn you of a lineage that tea is considered an institution and I still find it irrelevant and lacks appeal.

Challenge accepted, yet I must warn you of a lineage that tea is considered an institution and I still find it irrelevant and lacks appeal.

When you say 'Institution' do you mean some kind of established practice ? Like everyone is drinking tea just because it's some kind of tradition ? (I'm probably overthinking it).

When you say 'Institution' do you mean some kind of established practice ? Like everyone is drinking tea just because it's some kind of tradition ? (I'm probably overthinking it).
An established practice, almost universally considered a law or custom !

An established practice, almost universally considered a law or custom !

Around these parts, It wasn't very popular until DavidsTea's friendly stores spread across the country like rabbits. The traditional Red Rose satchel was as popular as beef tongues in a vinegar jar: / When folks discovered the existence of aromatized loose teas, it became somewhat of a novelty in the colonies & the dominion.

A Chuwi Hi8 dual boot android/ windows tablet but shh don't tell wifebert.
This is a replacement for my nexus 7 which got killed by Steve, our Roomba over a year ago when it ran over the charging cables and pulled the N7 off the table.
It's only 32gb so will probably end up deleting one of the OS but for USD$92 I thought it was toy worth playing with.
http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_192959.html

A Chuwi Hi8 dual boot android/ windows tablet but shh don't tell wifebert

Secret squirrel. Shhh.

In the post for me are two Fine 20mm Brushes with the 'Angel Hair' synthetic. One for me, the other for my Stepfather who wanted a decent brush. Ends up $40 each delivered when you buy two.

I'm waiting for one of these, just out of curiosity!

Phoenix_has_landed_1024x1024.png

And one of these, Gillette NEW long comb restored and rhodium plated, because one NEW is not enough.
(photo not the actual razor).

revamp2.jpg
Hope you get along with the first item better than I did.
Am utterly disappointed with my experience whit it.

And one of these, Gillette NEW long comb restored and rhodium plated, because one NEW is not enough.
I was tempted to have mine plated in Rhodium but have held off... I'll see how my other razors are getting on tomorrow.

Hope you get along with the first item better than I did.
Am utterly disappointed with my experience whit it.

@borked, I wonder if you got a dud.

I've seems a couple of posts on YKW and /r/Wicked_edge where people were complaining that their DBL OC was performing poorly and when they received a replacement were happier with it.

Here's a link to one comment by leisureguy on /r/Wicked_edge.

If anything mine is a little too mild for my tastes.

@borked, I wonder if you got a dud.

I've seems a couple of posts on YKW and /r/Wicked_edge where people were complaining that their DBL OC was performing poorly and when they received a replacement were happier with it.

Here's a link to one comment by leisureguy on /r/Wicked_edge.

If anything mine is a little too mild for my tastes.
I think not, due to two other members here using it and liked it.