What do you have in the post right now?

bought this a while back. coming via snail mail to keep costs down.
but this is going to be my first proper restore with my new Chem bath and replater that's arriving from the U.S in July

very excited

Screenshot_20170409-102231.png

Mate, we need to talk ;)

I've ordered another Colonial Razors "The General" single edge just the silver aluminum head to keep this in a safe place, this single edge "The General" is a very very smooth shave you won't be disappointed because I LOVE IT!!.

Hurry and get your Colonial Razors "The General" single edge just the silver head is only for a limited time while stock last.

The_General_-_Silver3_1024x1024_b0e8b1ea-ab70-42e0-89ed-e6053e64fbef_1024x1024.jpg

I've ordered another Colonial Razors "The General" single edge just the silver aluminum head to keep this in a safe place, this single edge "The General" is a very very smooth shave you won't be disappointed because I LOVE IT!!.

Hurry and get your Colonial Razors "The General" single edge just the silver head is only for a limited time while stock last.

The_General_-_Silver3_1024x1024_b0e8b1ea-ab70-42e0-89ed-e6053e64fbef_1024x1024.jpg
Nice one! I was very tempted, but the shipping cost put me off.

Well someone has made a comment it's Mysore, I'm very sceptical at the price point.

It isn't Mysore and I say that as someone who works with Mysore Sandalwood once or twice a week on average, I'm also someone who has tried the soap. To be fair, I have not heard Manuel claim it is either tbh, it's probably just eager punters getting a little bit imaginative...

The same goes for the Agarwood fragrance soap he just released, it cannot possibly contain Agarwood (Oud) oil either... the cost of genuine Agarwood (Oud oil) is around $236 USD for 7 mls with the C02 absolute being slightly but not much cheaper, in many cases its more expensive than Sandalwood - it's costly enough to use in an aftershave, impossibly expensive to use in a soap. From my smelling the Agarwood soap (it's another great fragrance btw) my money is on it being an aroma chemical or a fragrance oil - probably the later tbh which to be fair isn't that much of a bother, it's a really nice job he has done with it overall and worth what he is asking no question.

He sent me a sample around a month ago of both (Sandalwood and Agarwood) which I lathered 2 or 3 times, from the Sandalwood I get a rather sweet combination of oils from it including Amyris and a couple of other base notes. It's a great fragrance like all the Eufros soaps with a really nice composition but way to sweet and bright for Mysore Sandalwood. Exceptional lather as per usual ;)

I use genuine Mysore sandalwood in my APR aftershaves and I know first hand (as you said) it's very, very expensive - there is simply no way in the world he could afford to sell a puck of soap at 25/26 euros if it contained Mysore Sandalwood and the same certainly goes for Agarwood (Oud). You will pick the difference in the Agarwood Eufros soap straight away when you smell it as you own the Acqua Di Palma Colonia Intensa Oud if I am not mistaken which as well as being an exceptional fragrance, without any doubt whatsoever, contains genuine Oud.

@Korbz - I'm sure you won't be disappointed mate! And Feather Proguard or Pro will give you almost exactly the same same shave experience as Kai Pinks, while being a little easier to get.

FWIW, in ascending order of efficiency @Osman and I rate the various blades so : Kai Protouch, Feather Proguard, Kai Pink, Feather Pro, Feather Super Pro :)

Right now i'm waiting for a delivery from Simpsons containing a Chubby 3 manchurian Disco haze and a Chubby 2 synthetic faux tortoise.
Also a brass Colonial general, which is apprently in Sydney, according to the tracking so I should get it today. Hopefully before I shave, but that never happens for me.

Houbigant Fougère Royale
Simpsons Chubby 3 Super Badger * via facebook for $100 USD, un unwanted purchase!!
16 Pucks of Mystic Water
Martin De Candre Savon à raser Fougère
Jabonman Sandalwood
Jabonman Agarwood

Last edited: