What's Your Number?

Just with post-shave stuff alone I have an almost countably infinite set of combinations.

Olive oil (T, F) --> Proraso Pre-Post (T, F) --> witch hazel (T, F) --> Nivea (T, F).

Already we're looking at 2^4 = 16 combinations. Then for each of those combinations I could follow up with a combination of 15 aftershaves or none at all. To find this second factor we can sum the binomial coefficients that appear in row 15 of Pascal's triangle = 32 768.

So post-shave = 524 288 combinations. And bare in mind that in what we have done so far, order of application is unimportant. If we consider order, then we will need to bust out ye olde scientific notation.

Then for each of those combinations I have probably 15 soaps/creams of which uber-lathers could be concocted using one of four brushes.

Then for each of those multiplied into the 524 288 post-combinations I have 20-odd DEs with 20-odd DE blades, an armfull of SEs and a host of Schicks. Plus some kamis, straights and hybrids. And a few different types of carts. All of which could be Thomas Methoded into a positively sickening set of combinations. Which would be multiplied into the already incomprehensibly large set of post/soap/brush options.

Basically, I'm set for a lifetime of good shaves.

(y)

OK, so if I am doing this correctly, based upon what I have in my bathroom at present -

Brushes - 8
Razors - 2
Soaps - 20
Aftershaves - 28

8 x 2 x 20 x 28 = 8,960.

I'm feeling positively virtuous!

Actually, this has got me thinking: How many aftershaves would one need before one would have more combinations of post-shave in the cabinet than there are atoms in the observable universe?

Given that there are 1 x 10^80 atoms, we need to find the logarithm, base 2, of 1 x 10^80 = 265.75. In other words, once one had purchased that 266th bottle, one would officially have 'enough' aftershaves.

OK, so if I am doing this correctly, based upon what I have in my bathroom at present -

Brushes - 8
Razors - 2
Soaps - 20
Aftershaves - 28

8 x 2 x 20 x 28 = 8,960.

I'm feeling positively virtuous!
He said your current rotation, not just this weeks!

@khun_diddy, borked only needs to buy another 4 aftershaves and the universe will implode then?

Only 2 one SE and one DE and I have got too bloody lazy to use it lately - retirement invites sloth :)
You went on a razor buying spree at one stage. Picking up job lots left right and centre. Did you get rid of them all?

@khun_diddy, borked only needs to buy another 4 aftershaves and the universe will implode then?
I'll well eclipse that number in the next week, hopefully :)

21,600 (59 years).
Based on my current rotation of most-oftem-used-items: 6 razors x 6 brushes x 25 soaps x 24 post-shave items.

I'm noticing that there's two groupings: either less than 1000 or obscenely high.
Oh, and @Mark1966 has more razors than us all combined and he only uses 2 regularly....Anyone else note that as bizarre?!?:D (And 50% of those are NON-Gillette!!!:sick:)

8 soaps and 2 razors arrived today, yet the universe still continues to be...
Think that's a sign to buy more?