Worst performer of 2014

3pass

So, in contrast to the 2014 MVP thread, what is your worst performing shave purchase of the year?

Mine is without question the Geo F Trumper's Soap. Bought the limes one as part of my startup kit, and you'd probably get a better lather from an actual lime. Just awful stuff.

The fact that this company has been around for over a century gave me some confidence, as did the nice wooden bowl that it came in. This confidence dissipated quicker than the miserable suds this thing produced. Truly at a loss as to how this can be so bad. It now resides in my shower as a posh bath soap.

Look forward to hearing about your duds for 2014.

Well from what I've read here on the non-performance of the product and the subsequent abysmal reply/excuse/copout from the maker to a respected member here the Australian made shaving soap, Valor would be right up there for dog of the year honours. :censored:

Haven't had any dogs over the past 12mths myself, here to more of the same in 2015 touch wood. (y)

Conk was the worst of the worst for me. I didn't expect to hear that from Geo, reviews on mensbiz didn't look to bad.

Jusy my experience of course Adam. Almost bought a Conk a while back, which one was it?

Ive got the Bay Rum, love the scent but the lather dissolves away on the face before i can shave. I think most here experienced the same thing with the conk conking out.

Definitely Col. Conk Amber for me. Love the idea, wanted to love the execution, ended in an epic fail. Worst lather ever!

So, in contrast to the 2014 MVP thread, what is your worst performing shave purchase of the year?

Mine is without question the Geo F Trumper's Soap. Bought the limes one as part of my startup kit, and you'd probably get a better lather from an actual lime. Just awful stuff.

Been long since before 2014 when I tried it. But agree this stuff is total shit. I persisted with it a couple of weeks before it was resigned to shower soap. And it was shit at that too.

In close 2nd is MWF.

In close third is Cade. Shame really, as it smells great, but given others love it, I reckon it's one of those finicky ones that only likes a certain kind of water. Trust the fucking French to come up with something like that. They are bastards, they really are. Go to France, Paris especially, and try and be nice to Parisians. Better still, try and be polite and speak French. They're wankers. I even had a French bloke I worked with who I related my many stories of French bastards, and he agreed, "Parisians? They are fooking scum."

Welcome, by the way. I'm the cheerful one round here..

Steady up ^^^. We don't want to piss off everyone in the world, one nationality at a time. The French also gave us the Plisson synthetic!

That's...errrr...made in China.
Moving right along... My worse performer of the year was Miley Cyrus- oh, sorry, wrong forum.

The worst performing shaving soap for me was Crabtree & Eviling's West Indian Lime. Heavenly scent, the lather is from hell. No question about it.

The Plisson Synthetic is Made in France.

My worst performing 2014 purchase is the Muhle R41. We just don't get along. Shaving with an angle grinder is more comfortable.

Steady up ^^^. We don't want to piss off everyone in the world, one nationality at a time. The French also gave us the Plisson synthetic!

That's...errrr...made in China.
Moving right along... My worse performer of the year was Miley Cyrus- oh, sorry, wrong forum.

The worst performing shaving soap for me was Crabtree & Eviling's West Indian Lime. Heavenly scent, the lather is from hell. No question about it.

I stand corrected, my Crabtree & Evelyn Morrocan Myth was much worse than the Conk. Amazing scent and packaging with consistency of dish washing liquid lather.

I stand corrected, my Crabtree & Evelyn Morrocan Myth was much worse than the Conk. Amazing scent and packaging with consistency of dish washing liquid lather.
Yes. The C&E is worse. It lures you in with its lovely scent, great packaging and you think it's going to be worth the inflated admission price then... you try to use it. [emoji34]

The Plisson Synthetic is Made in France.

My worst performing 2014 purchase is the Muhle R41. We just don't get along. Shaving with an angle grinder is more comfortable.

Am I reading that you would be wanting to pass this piece of under performing rubbish along cheap? :-D

My worst this year for lather was conk, which smells nice as a paper weight. Worst for scent was Shaver Heaven Grapefruit and Lime (the lather is ok, get his barber shop or forest soap) Yes it was worser than arko, which I didn't think possible. Maybe my memory is poor

Well, what do ya' know!? That's great! [emoji4][emoji106]

More likely, the parts are made in China and assembled (i.e. the knot is stuck in the base) in France.