Worst performer of 2014

Worst product used in 2014? Easy - Vitos soap. Could not get it to lather for love nor money.

Thanks for the try though @borked - just doesn't work for me at all.

Worst product used in 2014? Easy - Vitos soap. Could not get it to lather for love nor money.

Thanks for the try though @borked - just doesn't work for me at all.
A real pity as others along with I have found it a decent product.

A real pity as others along with I have found it a decent product.

Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with it. Pressed it into a new bowl, used multiple brushes and methods on it but could not get a good, stable lather out of it. It would collapse, I would give it another swirl and it was then too dry. Very small amount of water and it would almost get there, then suds.

I got the feeling of an old, oxidised product really. Scent was pleasant without being overtly scented.

You could be on the money regarding it being aged, yet others and I are using the same item w/o issue ???
BTW, I've got to pay you a visit, yet before doing so, require some numbers from you :)
Drop me a PM with expected numbers mate.

My worst performer without a doubt would have to be crabtree and evelyn sandalwood. It was the second soap I ever bought and I too got sucked in by the lovely scent and wooden bowl and then I discovered dissipation at its absolute highest. For my birthday I got my wife to by me geo f trumpers sandalwood shaving soap and then I read some reviews...... So before I used it I took it back and traded it in for D. R Harris marlborough.... Best decision I ever made I think

My worst performer without a doubt would have to be crabtree and evelyn sandalwood. It was the second soap I ever bought and I too got sucked in by the lovely scent and wooden bowl and then I discovered dissipation at its absolute highest. For my birthday I got my wife to by me geo f trumpers sandalwood shaving soap and then I read some reviews...... So before I used it I took it back and traded it in for D. R Harris marlborough.... Best decision I ever made I think
I'm with you on the C&E! Just doesn't lather at all.
I got a D.R. Harris Arlington and love it. Much, much better lather. [emoji106]

I've just come back from the city and I noticed there was a C&E store. I walked up to the shaving soap and bowl and there was a sticker on them stating winner of 2014 men's grooming product awards. Hate to know what the poor performing soaps are then.
On a plus the aftershave or edt I sprayed on myself from C&E smells amazing.

... there was a sticker on them stating winner of 2014 men's grooming product awards. ...

WHAT!!!!

From whom????

I'm smelling a paid prize ....

EDIT:

I can see it was SHORTLISTED ...

'Male Grooming
Best Classic Male Grooming Product
Crabtree & Evelyn: West Indian Lime Shave Soap'

from here - http://www.thebeautyawards.com/awards-shortlist

but it didn't win because the winner was -

WINNER
Lynx Africa Body Spray

beaten by Lynx - says it all really ....

Last edited:
Lynx Africa body spray reminds me of PE change room and nothing else. I try use shaving products that don't remind me of school.

C&E West Indian Lime shave soap smells sooooo good!
BUT it makes the worst lather ever. Absolutely very bad. It should NOT at all be considered for any award at all. It's the most terrible soap. I've complained to them because it was so bad. I left a terrible review on their website. I... You get the message.
It is bad. (Very bad)

I'm a believer in specialty. For many brands shaving soap is all they do so the have to be good. If someone has lots of irons in the fire their better areas carry the weaknesses and mediocrity can result.

C&E West Indian Lime shave soap smells sooooo good!
BUT it makes the worst lather ever. Absolutely very bad. It should NOT at all be considered for any award at all. It's the most terrible soap. I've complained to them because it was so bad. I left a terrible review on their website. I... You get the message.
It is bad. (Very bad)

Probably the best smelling soap out there but the performance was just horrendous!
It was the most horrible shaving soap lather ever and I emailed them and sent my puck to them for testing and after their "expert" tested it, they said it was fine and how it should be.

They sent me a replacement sandalwood and limes.
Lime was still crap and went in the shower and sandalwood to a friend.