August 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
51382107734_e84e0dd1fe_c.jpg

A couple of more sticks and 1 more puck to come to bring me up to my 2kg minimum.
What are those four little bottles??

Don't know how Peter/Vshod affords to be so generous. I only ordered the stuff in the right pile: Razorock GC84 OC on clearance, What The Puck Orange Sunrise, Gillette Platinum and BiC Chrome Platinum.

Out of the 4 complimentary soaps the Green label is my clear favorite, followed by Gold, Blue and Black. Though Black is definitely not in my wheelhouse so may find a new home for it.

Ive read that the GC84 OC despite being open comb is generally a smooth shaver and not R41 aggressive. We shall see tonight.

WciHsx8.jpeg
VSHOD is one of the best places to shop. I truly want to order from them again just because they have treated me very well in the past and they are just all around great people. Its been a long time since I have been able to but I have had a few items on my paypal cart for a few days but because I couldn't afford some items I kept on tweaking my list but then felt deflated when I couldn't afford it but absolutely glad we are getting behind VSHOD. They're two thumbs up in my books as are many of our wet shaving stores.

I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on my order now at least some of it. I wanted to buy a few of these soaps too and a lupo95 and a few blades and a brush or two.

7sU5Ito.jpg

So, this mail call has a story.

I'd been using my Merkur 34C more often than my other higher end razors because recently I felt like more milder shaves. I thought about purchasing the RR Mamba 70, but instead went with the DSCosmetic T7, which is supposed to be a clone version of the Mamba 70 with a scalloped head. It was cheaper and had cheaper shipping. So the scallop cap version was out of stock and they asked if I wanted to get a refund or wait 20 extra days for stock to arrive. I told them I'd go for the latter, because I really wanted the razor, and what's an extra 20 days, considering how long I normally have to wait for gear from Aliexpress.

Anyway, not long after that email, Razorock announced a lot of Scratch & Dent (S&D) Mamba 70s for USD$39.00. What the frek? Even with the USD$20 shipping charge to Australia, it would be a little cheaper than the DSC T7. Of all the stupid luck, right? But since I made the commitment to DSC, I felt I couldn't back out now. So, I thought for sure that this S&D Mamba was going to sell out quick. But surprisingly it didn't. And a week after that, DSC randomly just refunded my money anyway (they still don't have the scallop cap in stock). At around that time, RR announced new stock of the Lupo 72 and 95. This can't all be a coincidence, right? Anyway, I purchased the S&D Mamba 70, Lupo 95, Lupo 72 base plate and picked up a few other things on their clearance page to spread the shipping around a bit. 100 Nacets for USD$11.99 and extra UFO handle for USD$9.99 rounded out my purchases.

Ironically, RR got more GC 84 razors in after I made my order, but I think I'm done for hardware in the immediate future. Gamechanger will just have to wait a while longer (or never, the general consensus is Lupo > GC).

Nice! I purchased a mamba S&D with the barber pole handle recently too and its been sitting next to me for like two weeks now among other razors I bought recently at the same time. It looks like you ordered roughly the same time as me too. I was going to buy a ton of blades but my excitement quickly got out of hand as too did the costs so I had to cut a lot off my order.

You have made some nice choices and those Mamba 70 S&D razors are in fantastic shape. Truly a great buy. Hahaha I got the bulldog handle on another razor at the time.
I was going to buy two other handles and a top cap for some base plates i bought but failed it up on my order so I might have to go back. I didn't want to order too much from italian barber also because I wanted to put my money into the guys at VSHOD which is why I will be buying the lupo95 locally as soon as I can.
When you get the chance (and take your time) I would encourage you to pickup a gamechanger.

Well, I couldn't join in on the tabac hoarding as the scent gives me migraines...so I added 24 la toja sticks to my recent 36 arko sticks. Plus another 3 pucks of MWF. Can never have too many pucks of MWF!

I loooooove la toja sticks!!

Well, I couldn't join in on the tabac hoarding as the scent gives me migraines...so I added 24 la toja sticks to my recent 36 arko sticks. Plus another 3 pucks of MWF. Can never have too many pucks of MWF!

I loooooove la toja sticks!!
36 Arko sticks? o_O
SduwtyA.jpg

7sU5Ito.jpg

So, this mail call has a story.

I'd been using my Merkur 34C more often than my other higher end razors because recently I felt like more milder shaves. I thought about purchasing the RR Mamba 70, but instead went with the DSCosmetic T7, which is supposed to be a clone version of the Mamba 70 with a scalloped head. It was cheaper and had cheaper shipping. So the scallop cap version was out of stock and they asked if I wanted to get a refund or wait 20 extra days for stock to arrive. I told them I'd go for the latter, because I really wanted the razor, and what's an extra 20 days, considering how long I normally have to wait for gear from Aliexpress.

Anyway, not long after that email, Razorock announced a lot of Scratch & Dent (S&D) Mamba 70s for USD$39.00. What the frek? Even with the USD$20 shipping charge to Australia, it would be a little cheaper than the DSC T7. Of all the stupid luck, right? But since I made the commitment to DSC, I felt I couldn't back out now. So, I thought for sure that this S&D Mamba was going to sell out quick. But surprisingly it didn't. And a week after that, DSC randomly just refunded my money anyway (they still don't have the scallop cap in stock). At around that time, RR announced new stock of the Lupo 72 and 95. This can't all be a coincidence, right? Anyway, I purchased the S&D Mamba 70, Lupo 95, Lupo 72 base plate and picked up a few other things on their clearance page to spread the shipping around a bit. 100 Nacets for USD$11.99 and extra UFO handle for USD$9.99 rounded out my purchases.

Ironically, RR got more GC 84 razors in after I made my order, but I think I'm done for hardware in the immediate future. Gamechanger will just have to wait a while longer (or never, the general consensus is Lupo > GC).

The Lupo 72 is a very good mild yet efficient razor. Now you've made me want the Mamba 70 too but I must resist.

Ikon SBS Head with OSS S/S Handle. Thanks @Bucephalus :D

Wow, this thing is hefty at 136grams. New and Unused.
This afternoon's shave with a used Minora blade, we'll see how she goes.
I put a little little red fibre washer in place between stainless handle and the head. No need to scratch it with the handle twist.

HiuonBo.jpg

fFcuUiG.jpg

$15 off local FB marketplace. Apparently the grandad didn't use this lot, instead he kept up his visits to the barber.
Lots of not terrible blades I hope, and a new unused Comoy TTO razor ($27 price tag on box) that may, or may not get used.
For $15, I'll chance this cheap lot!

axh8Aq0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.