March 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
........Hard to recommend anything other than what I have. Mine is a 24/52 in a Manchurian Finest bulb. @Young Buck was impressed but I think he ended going 26/52. So many lofts and knots to choose from so I played the safe bet and went with the majority. 48mm would limit it to face lathering and 54mm to bowl. 52 seems to be a sweet spot for both but then again I am a complete novice. I have no regrets with my decision.

Personally I would always choose the lower loft option. Even at 48mm it's more than big enough for bowl lathering and there's less chance of it being or developing in to a floppy mop. Again, nice looking brushes.

Link ?
Deal still on offer ?

Link to the brush maker -> http://romera.es/en/

To get the same brush, assuming that it is still being offered, would require a laborious task of joining this forum -> http://www.rasage-traditionnel.com/
Much like P&C you would introduce yourself as a newbie to get the privileges and then request the brush in the Around The Badger forum. All in French of course. You go on a waiting list, etc, etc. No choice of handle.

Like Young Buck, your best option is to purchase directly from his webpage. Choose your handle and loft/knot dimensions, pay and wait for the arrival. Don't forget the voucher code that @Young Buck posted above to get 15% off.

Personally I would always choose the lower loft option. Even at 48mm it's more than big enough for bowl lathering and there's less chance of it being or developing in to a floppy mop. Again, nice looking brushes.

Love shorter loft brushes myself, so I hear you but this brush has quite a bit of backbone at the 52mm loft. It's by no means floppy. YB loves his badgers so he can elaborate on this.

Hard to recommend anything other than what I have. Mine is a 24/52 in a Manchurian Finest bulb. @Young Buck was impressed but I think he ended going 26/52. So many lofts and knots to choose from so I played the safe bet and went with the majority. 48mm would limit it to face lathering and 54mm to bowl. 52 seems to be a sweet spot for both but then again I am a complete novice. I have no regrets with my decision.

Many thanks!!!

On another matter - The Wolf has landed - but I think this deserves it's own thread so hear just a sneak...
2_PackageS_zpsgy85hpfu.jpg

Link to the brush maker -> http://romera.es/en/

To get the same brush, assuming that it is still being offered, would require a laborious task of joining this forum -> http://www.rasage-traditionnel.com/
Much like P&C you would introduce yourself as a newbie to get the privileges and then request the brush in the Around The Badger forum. All in French of course. You go on a waiting list, etc, etc. No choice of handle.

Like Young Buck, your best option is to purchase directly from his webpage. Choose your handle and loft/knot dimensions, pay and wait for the arrival. Don't forget the voucher code that @Young Buck posted above to get 15% off.

Love shorter loft brushes myself, so I hear you but this brush has quite a bit of backbone at the 52mm loft. It's by no means floppy. YB loves his badgers so he can elaborate on this.

Too short a loft is a no go in my book. I have an emperor 3 in Manchurian which has a knot I believe of 22/54 in a fan knot and that's not floppy at all. So at 24/52 in a bulb you better believe it's not. I'm just hoping I bag the same badger as peach as it was some of the best Manchurian I've had and much prefer it to two band.

Didn't you have a thousand and one samples already that you can't remember buying?

Looks like my Soap Commander just arrived before everyone else's! Thanks @Adam for the trade. [emoji106]

4cih620.png

How do you like the scent?
It's good but a little weak to my liking. Once I lather it should become stronger. I haven't smelt the balm.
The scent is like a spicy-musk. Cinnamon and Cardamon spices with a background of vanilla-musk. Pleasant enough to my nose.
I plan to use it tomorrow. [emoji106]

It's good but a little weak to my liking. Once I lather it should become stronger.
I have found that most soaps I have tried have quite weak scents, and it has been one of my little disappointments.
The Mystic Waters and Stirling soaps definitely don't fall in that category though, and as you say some of the others need the addition of water to help express their scents.

Trying to work out which new soap to use for my shave tonight. I have to choose from:
  • Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
  • Stirling Frozen Tundra (not sure about the camphor smell)
  • Mystic Water Ginger Spice
  • Mystic Water Lemongrass, Bluegum and Menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.