March 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that most soaps I have tried have quite weak scents, and it has been one of my little disappointments.
The Mystic Waters and Stirling soaps definitely don't fall in that category though, and as you say some of the others need the addition of water to help express their scents.

Trying to work out which new soap to use for my shave tonight. I have to choose from:
  • Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
  • Stirling Frozen Tundra (not sure about the camphor smell)
  • Mystic Water Ginger Spice
  • Mystic Water Lemongrass, Bluegum and Menthol
My vote is for Mystic Water Ginger Spice.

So far this month I have acquired:
Various soap pack from MrT as well as Shaver Heaven Honey Ale
Whipped Dog 24mm Shaving Brush
100 Personna Lab Blue Blades

And I was trying to tell my wife that this would be much cheaper than cartridge shaving :)

So far this month I have acquired:
Various soap pack from MrT as well as Shaver Heaven Honey Ale
Whipped Dog 24mm Shaving Brush
100 Personna Lab Blue Blades

And I was trying to tell my wife that this would be much cheaper than cartridge shaving :)
What a pity you stumbled on this forum! Well, it's great for us to have you but it's tough for your wallet. [emoji14]

Show here pics of my stash @SydBJW - she will be grateful!!!

It's just taken me far too long to work out wtf your avatar is @Young Buck .
At first I thought it was a swaddled newborn.

You didn't want the fougere? Or you have it already?!
Nice. I would be happy just to have the metal tin.

Did you get the aftershave as well?

The tin is no longer available.

The wood looks pretty smick and is of the same timber they use in Venice. Got the soap and bowl for $50 delivered.

I went dolomiti as the extra ingredients sound super top shelf. I have MDC Fougere so I didn't want anything that might be similar.

As for AS I have enough atm.

The wood looks pretty smick and is of the same timber they use in Venice. Got the soap and bowl for $50 delivered.

I went dolomiti as the extra ingredients sound super top shelf. I have MDC Fougere so I didn't want anything that might be similar.

I guessed the tin wasn't available anymore now they have the wooden bowls. I prefer it for being cheaper and easier to ship. But the wooden bowls ooze class. [emoji41]

I can't see the hot towel...

Where did you get the MdC from? I'm keen for some... Have you got the original lavender scent as well?

Been a busy month for me:
1. EJ DE 89
2. A Weber classic handle for it.
3. 50 Treet carbon blades, for no good reason except curiosity :)
4. Some soap from @MrT 's group buy that I pick up Monday.
5. A Frank Shave Synthetic brush (23mm knot).

Hehe. And I started DE shaving to save money! Yeah right. Should have joined Dollar Shave Club and not P&C... :whistle:

Last edited:
Definitely baby, with a bit of palestinian flag thrown in

Status
Not open for further replies.