New blood

XPEC is one of those sought after creams. I picked it up just before it went viral. Coupled with the hmw it makes for a pampering weekend shave. Pols in the feather are a great combination. As they are slightly thicker than feather blades it marginally increases blade gap making the feather as slightly more aggressive.

As for XPEC fantastic performance. Scent is a dark cologne rose scent.
Good stuff! Seems like you have quite a collection of fine soaps. [emoji106]
BTW you should post your SOTD in the SOTD section and so more people can see them.

Good stuff! Seems like you have quite a collection of fine soaps. [emoji106]
BTW you should post your SOTD in the SOTD section and so more people can see them.

He might not have the allowances yet to do this.

Demonstrate to the administrator that you can juggle flaming swords while lathering and you should be good to go

Demonstrate to the administrator that you can juggle flaming swords while lathering and you should be good to go
Nah. He probably does.
Anyway, what's a forum without a roadblock or two?! Membership isn't given out to anyone you know!

I don't think I have enough post. Plus I have a strict no sword juggling policy [emoji2]

More niceties to come [emoji16]

Today's Sotd
cae1b19c3bf807c616795db8f56d27e9.jpg

English fern is best performing soap I have. The tallow formula leaves the skin new born soft. Scent is very green and relaxing. Less zesty and more subdued to the MDC fougere.

The Simpson Manchurian hair has a lot of backbone and is well suited to soaps. Mine took some time to break in as initially the tips were quite abrasive. After 50 or more shaves the scritch has gone completely and the tips have curled. Replacing the scritch with a velvety scrub.

Feather as usual is a dream to handle and shaves great once mastered.

I hear the Feather is mild even loaded with one of it's own. Or with mastering the razor can you bend its will enough to make it more aggressive….without the employment of shims and the like of course. I must say I do like the handle of the razor. Looks comfortable and well-weighted.

YB you've got some really nice brushes there. High end stuff. The reason they're nice is because they've been nicely designed with great proportions in relation to knot size and height. the basic concept of the design is that they are supposed to stand on their own feet. If they were designed to be hung upside down the lettering would be the other way up to start with. There is also absolutely no advantage whatsoever in terms of drying time. In fact you could argue that it actually reduces drying time. I've only ever seen one brush that was designed to be hung. @Mark1966 (who else of course) had this brush which had a slide out/fold out clip in the bottom of the handle so you could hang it on the wall instead of it taking up space on the sink surrounds.

I have to agree with @Drubbing, it looks weird. "Strange Fruit".

Hanging brushes up side down is like saying Valobra has a wonderful scent. Both are indisputable lies.

The overall picture is weird but the brushes, aside from poor old Rooney and Emperor look a lot better:

Brushes resize.jpg

YB you've got some really nice brushes there. High end stuff. The reason they're nice is because they've been nicely designed with great proportions in relation to knot size and height. the basic concept of the design is that they are supposed to stand on their own feet. If they were designed to be hung upside down the lettering would be the other way up to start with. There is also absolutely no advantage whatsoever in terms of drying time. In fact you could argue that it actually reduces drying time. I've only ever seen one brush that was designed to be hung. @Mark1966 (who else of course) had this brush which had a slide out/fold out clip in the bottom of the handle so you could hang it on the wall instead of it taking up space on the sink surrounds.

I have to agree with @Drubbing, it looks weird. "Strange Fruit".

Hanging brushes up side down is like saying Valobra has a wonderful scent. Both are indisputable lies.

The overall picture is weird but the brushes, aside from poor old Rooney and Emperor look a lot better:

View attachment 748

Hey Piotr I agreed about drying time. Just helps me to reshape the brush when drying. I pop a loose band over them to keep the knot compact. Hanging them just means the band sits over the bottom hair.

I hear the Feather is mild even loaded with one of it's own. Or with mastering the razor can you bend its will enough to make it more aggressive….without the employment of shims and the like of course. I must say I do like the handle of the razor. Looks comfortable and well-weighted.

Using a feather blade does make it "feel" milder. In terms of handle its very well balanced and pendulums in the hand. The razor shines when performing against the grain pass and techniques like Gillette slide and j hooking.

Hey Piotr I agreed about drying time. Just helps me to reshape the brush when drying. I pop a loose band over them to keep the knot compact. Hanging them just means the band sits over the bottom hair.

What? That's a first for me. Why do you need to reshape the brush when drying?

Your collection is amazing.
Continue and you will force my hand at seeing you banished for ownership of an awesome all round collection ;)

Hey Piotr I agreed about drying time. Just helps me to reshape the brush when drying. I pop a loose band over them to keep the knot compact.

I really wouldn't do that. They reshape just fine by themselves. It's a natural process. There's no aid to performance by thinking they look great while they're doing it. They're expensive brushes. More potential for downsides if anything, slowing down the drying process etc

Stands are nice bathroom bling, but serve no practical purpose,

Penhaligons BB is a great performer. It has a very runny consistency like sunscreen but produces a very thick lather with lots of cushion. The scent is citrusy and bright and leaves the skin soft and hydrated.

Smelt the BB at Penhaligons and it doesn't agree with me ...

Nice brush collection BTW - very impressive!

Smelt the BB at Penhaligons and it doesn't agree with me ...

Nice brush collection BTW - very impressive!

Did you smell the cream or the edt. I recently smelt the edt at mensbiz and the edt is much more lemony.

For those interested I also smelt dr Harris Arlington which has a very similar scent. Slightly sweeter.