Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch
Soap/Cream: CRSW Bergamot and Bay
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' Razor
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (6)
Post-shave: Myrsol Formula C

Great soap the CRSW (up there with the LPL really :whistle:) and the finishing with the Myrsol is always great - love this stuff.

Wilkie with Wilkie still providing a comfortable and GROOVY shave ...

Thanks for the link to the Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave at G&C @Nightguard - might have to add some to the 2017 shopping list!

9283710bda0811eb730bdfefa1660211.jpg

SOTD
Dennis Coluccio Finest
Razorock SMdF
Ikon 102
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Alcolado Glacial AS

Nice to be using a proper soap again after that LP what's him name. Great BBS results and a much better scent.

9283710bda0811eb730bdfefa1660211.jpg

SOTD
Dennis Coluccio Finest
Razorock SMdF
Ikon 102
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Alcolado Glacial AS

Nice to be using a proper soap again after that LP what's him name. Great BBS results and a much better scent.

What a shame I can't like a post more than once :D :D :D

Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' Razor
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (3)
Post-shave: Soap Commander Unscented balm followed by Alt Innsbruck EDC

Will the Alt Innsbruck survive? The jury is still out on this - I'm not sure I've fully recovered from the spill and resultant overpowering odour headache. Reasonable shave overall - not earth shatteringly great though.

How strong is that stuff ? : /

20160120_082019 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Permasharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Trumpers LImes
Post Shave: Trumpers Limes Skin Food and Floid Vigoroso
Two pass shave with a clean up. This was another uber lather with some Mystic Water still in the bowl. Tons of lather produced for a very smooth shave indeed. The Floid AS is a beauty with a great alcohol brace followed by the menthol hit.

I never tried Floid, could you describe the scent? I've found a Spanish grocery where they have it, I might give it a try.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Preshave: Proraso Green and Musgo Real Glyce
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: RazoRock King Louis
Post Shave: Alum, Thayers, Trumpers Coral Skin Food

I haven't used the King Louis for a while and every time I do it blows me away. Possibly the best mix of cushion and glide I've used so far. Loaded the brush for over a minute and got mountains of glorious lavender goodness.
An outstanding shave. DFS after 2 passes so decided to do a 3rd XTG instead of ATG. Left me with a near BBS with zero irritation.

Nice gear but I'm commenting to show my appreciation of your avatar. Carry on : )

Hey @Maxime D. - I spilt it in my office and while it is not strong in normal use in a relatively confined space all day it just too its toll.

The Floid is great BTW - grab some to try@!

Hi @Maxime D. the Floid Vigoroso is a typical barbershop scent quite powdery, difficult to pick out any distinctive scent and just very cooling on the skin and does have some staying power. Agree with @Mark1966 , you should give it a try

20160123_SOTDSBW_zps1tbujequ.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mystic Waters Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really hard for me to change anything about this setup at the moment. Keep wanting to change things up, but besides the scent of MW and Voskhods vs. Ladas I just can't...well maybe next week I will have the energy but for now I am just enjoying :D

ZdYJwfbFUUmg7weArGwtcYhL7260q7kLwbZREoh60B6J3MRUHOYP0aVs6176W03GCkSNmt4IdN_xWt4P67xxmQ0dxMWMyOcTjA3YUtcoogL2rj2UsUbaSG2daCjbunZXNTlEvtUJ6LRUh9tmd6-pfwSwfCUAtiphiZlHL1Gan1UJPfAxs8vScav8iqWUR37rocgdwF09rRxCVxXGUTaGio86jompk_7ZnMS9XTQV1dsrUjZut63yyw2V09163T3mBxOpvXVMlICl-0KE1hwLSrkwB9SrTojfEH4htYLHNRrJ6aoYtQVu8giFnMrMLASwfhtbyAfhy6fCI67CKRRc0Hjx6S8dPsUJuvEDGcGY7wiUQh5JdNJzc9q0ZidhI1G6n6v0EbXRjxvUnbz_MZzoN9eFxftZjqwi7lpg_oXZII_43rGAl5v53QPQ2Xgwp5C3h6WEI8efJ1rsRqHrotH4a4KhtCEGiu-ocX-K9gmXoQC4pFooJDjiULota76woTLdZzgfwschw2-YHaytHhXbVgu7nxA7fOWu_K3fPFi5PW1aEkwQ2o0Kd2IctvEs9l_LJVET=w704-h550-no

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Glycerin Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Fine Synthetic
Soap : Mystic Water Coconut Lime Verbena
Razor : Kenwa Symmetrical Kamisori
After Shave : Thayers Witch Hazel, Fine Platinum

Draco vs Kenwa Kamisori - 1 All The learning curve continues.....

Hey @Draco Noir - where does that fork fit into the shaving ritual?

Am I missing out on something in my morning shave?

@Mark1966 - I forgot to tidy all the breakfast dishes before taking the SOTD shot. Be thankful it isn't a half-eaten bowl of soggy Weetbix :eek:

@Mark1966 - I forgot to tidy all the breakfast dishes before taking the SOTD shot. Be thankful it isn't a half-eaten bowl of soggy Weetbix :eek:

Or half eaten coconut and lime like @SpeedyPC suggested... What does verbena taste like though?

Glad it was just an oversight though. Was wracking my brain trying to work out how I should be using a fork in my shave ...

Hmmm, now this sounds like an idea for a snap competition - How would you incorporate a fork into your daily shaving routine?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.