Thayer's Lemon
Myrsol Agua Di Limon
Gameface

Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' Razor
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (3)
Post-shave: Soap Commander Unscented balm followed by Alt Innsbruck EDC

Will the Alt Innsbruck survive? The jury is still out on this - I'm not sure I've fully recovered from the spill and resultant overpowering odour headache. Reasonable shave overall - not earth shatteringly great though.

Proraso pre
Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Omega Boar
Merkur 37C HD Slant
Gillette Yellow blade
Thayer's Lemon
Myrsol Agua Di Limon
Gameface

Nice to see you back online and sharing your SOTDs with us all @possumbelly! That filter you use certainly gives your photos a distinctive style - instantly recognisable as your work (y)

20160120_zpsqvqqqe4u.png

Face Wash : Musgo Real Lime Glycerin Soap
Pre-Shave : Proraso White
Brush : Shavemac custom Silvertip
Soap : Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor : Razorock Baby Smooth
Blade : Polsilver [0]
After Shave : Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

I've had a bit of a Kamisori binge the last few days, and decided on a complete change of pace for today's shave. I swapped in the always excellent MWF in the soap department, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It doesn't have the glamour of all the artisan soaps these days, and doesn't come in a dozen exotic fragrances but it never fails to deliver a great, lubricating and protective lather.

On a total whim, I grabbed the Razorock Baby Smooth and fitted it with a new Polsilver Iridium blade. Great shave! This razor is really a fantastic performer, and it's purely down to the design. @alfredus will sneer as it's an all-aluminium razor, but as with most of Razorock's designs it just works and works exceptionally well.

<rant> I have a bit of a love/hate attitude towards Razorock : their razor designs are usually excellent, but their marketing model is a trainwreck. Their razors always sell out within minutes of being released, and the quantities are never big enough to even make a small dent in demand. This in turn gives rise to a whole seedy downstream scalping racket, where some people manage to break the rules and buy multiple razors, then sell them on ebay for anything up to 4 or 5 times the original price from Razorock. They practically never do another run of any razor, and the razors become collectors items overnight. So it is with this Baby Smooth - it's now extremely difficult to get at any price, and will never be made again. It has recently made a brief return of sorts in the guise of Razorock's Black Mambo, which achieved the same status overnight - available only at a wildly inflated price on Ebay, and not to be made again. </end rant>

As an interesting aside, @Leisureguy observed in his blog recently that it would be good if Razorock would license some of their designs to a company with the will and resources to produce them in quantities sufficient to satisfy demand : https://leisureguy.wordpress.com/category/shaving/page/3/ (Do a search on Baby Smooth). I'd be very interested to hear from others here on this subject : what do you guys think? How many of own a Razorock of any kind?

Back on track. 2 passes to a face-stroking BBS, and finished off with Tom Ford's brilliant Grey Vetiver. A very nice break from the Kamisoris.

<rant> I have a bit of a love/hate attitude towards Razorock : their razor designs are usually excellent, but their marketing model is a trainwreck. Their razors always sell out within minutes of being released, and the quantities are never big enough to even make a small dent in demand. This in turn gives rise to a whole seedy downstream scalping racket, where some people manage to break the rules and buy multiple razors, then sell them on ebay for anything up to 4 or 5 times the original price from Razorock. They practically never do another run of any razor, and the razors become collectors items overnight. So it is with this Baby Smooth - it's now extremely difficult to get at any price, and will never be made again. It has recently made a brief return of sorts in the guise of Razorock's Black Mambo, which achieved the same status overnight - available only at a wildly inflated price on Ebay, and not to be made again. </end rant>

As an interesting aside, @Leisureguy observed in his blog recently that it would be good if Razorock would license some of their designs to a company with the will and resources to produce them in quantities sufficient to satisfy demand : https://leisureguy.wordpress.com/category/shaving/page/3/ (Do a search on Baby Smooth). I'd be very interested to hear from others here on this subject : what do you guys think? How many of own a Razorock of any kind?
Ditto. I've always said this about Joe's marketing right from the beginning (the RRSS was the first). Sadly it's the flaw which continues to taint Razorock for me and others.

20160120_082019 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Permasharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Trumpers LImes
Post Shave: Trumpers Limes Skin Food and Floid Vigoroso
Two pass shave with a clean up. This was another uber lather with some Mystic Water still in the bowl. Tons of lather produced for a very smooth shave indeed. The Floid AS is a beauty with a great alcohol brace followed by the menthol hit.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Preshave: Proraso Green and Musgo Real Glyce
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: RazoRock King Louis
Post Shave: Alum, Thayers, Trumpers Coral Skin Food

I haven't used the King Louis for a while and every time I do it blows me away. Possibly the best mix of cushion and glide I've used so far. Loaded the brush for over a minute and got mountains of glorious lavender goodness.
An outstanding shave. DFS after 2 passes so decided to do a 3rd XTG instead of ATG. Left me with a near BBS with zero irritation.

20160120_zpsqvqqqe4u.png

Face Wash : Musgo Real Lime Glycerin Soap
Pre-Shave : Proraso White
Brush : Shavemac custom Silvertip
Soap : Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor : Razorock Baby Smooth
Blade : Polsilver [0]
After Shave : Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

I've had a bit of a Kamisori binge the last few days, and decided on a complete change of pace for today's shave. I swapped in the always excellent MWF in the soap department, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It doesn't have the glamour of all the artisan soaps these days, and doesn't come in a dozen exotic fragrances but it never fails to deliver a great, lubricating and protective lather.

On a total whim, I grabbed the Razorock Baby Smooth and fitted it with a new Polsilver Iridium blade. Great shave! This razor is really a fantastic performer, and it's purely down to the design. @alfredus will sneer as it's an all-aluminium razor, but as with most of Razorock's designs it just works and works exceptionally well.

Back on track. 2 passes to a face-stroking BBS, and finished off with Tom Ford's brilliant Grey Vetiver. A very nice break from the Kamisoris.

Definitely no sneer from me @Draco Noir ! Love my Stealth Slant in Alu - the perfect travel razors - and I passed on the Stainless Steel version of the same. I absolutely agree, that it would be great to be able to buy these the easy way. But is seems at the moment most things shaving related, that are truly outstanding, are also truly painful to get...

Nice to see you back online and sharing your SOTDs with us all @possumbelly! That filter you use certainly gives your photos a distinctive style - instantly recognisable as your work (y)
Thx Draco! Very busy lately but trying to keep in touch with the online community. My photo filter is something that has come about accidentally over the last few months. I seem to gravitate to the same artistic tweaks in the app, as they look best to me. There is certainly a sameness to many of them but the way they come up often surprises me.
Cheers!

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Preshave: Proraso Green and Musgo Real Glyce
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: RazoRock King Louis
Post Shave: Alum, Thayers, Trumpers Coral Skin Food

I haven't used the King Louis for a while and every time I do it blows me away. Possibly the best mix of cushion and glide I've used so far. Loaded the brush for over a minute and got mountains of glorious lavender goodness.
An outstanding shave. DFS after 2 passes so decided to do a 3rd XTG instead of ATG. Left me with a near BBS with zero irritation.
Love the look of those Fatboys !!!

Hi gang. Long time no see. It's gotten pretty fancy around here with all these artsy SOTD pics.
Welcome back mate.
Fancy SOTD pic not needed. Mixture of regular photo posters, irregular posters and full text posters. We welcome all kinds here. [emoji12]

Brush: Vintage Culmak distressed Butterscotch re-knotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Post-shave: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Splash

After discussion of high menthol soaps I had to use the Proraso today - still a favourite!

Hey @Mong. - welcome back, good to 'see' you again.

There is a wide variety of SOTD posts, mine are pretty boring mostly :)

Brush: Vintage Culmak distressed Butterscotch re-knotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Post-shave: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Splash

After discussion of high menthol soaps I had to use the Proraso today - still a favourite!

Hey @Mong. - welcome back, good to 'see' you again.

There is a wide variety of SOTD posts, mine are pretty boring mostly :)
Never boring..

From yesterday, but whatever.

Soap: CRSW Orange
Brush: Shavemac silvertip
Razor: 1948 English Gillette Tech head on ASD2 handle
Blade: PolSilver
Post-shave: Floid modern

Love the Tech with a sharp blade. Can't beat it. I like the one with the flat base plate and slits.

24hrs later I'm feeling rather sandpapery, but you get that.

img_2265.jpg

3P
Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger
Le Père Lucien
Ikon 102
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver

Still struggled to get a decent lather with the LPL so I abandoned the soap after the first pass and used the closest soap to hand which was some Barrister & Mann Seville. Much better lather. The LPL will be going in the frankensoap pot.

Still struggled to get a decent lather with the LPL so I abandoned the soap after the first pass and used the closest soap to hand which was some Barrister & Mann Seville. Much better lather. The LPL will be going in the frankensoap pot.

Still very surprised by this - found the LPL I have to be great from the get go. Water quality issues maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.