Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think St James of London cedarwood is my favourite cream, but can't go past a bit of Jermyn St now and then.
You need to try Occams Shave Cream if you haven't already. [emoji6]

9283710bda0811eb730bdfefa1660211.jpg

Razorock SMdF
A great soap indeed. [emoji106]

20160123_155859 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Top Seven Emulsion
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
Post Shave: Alt Innsbruck
Three pass shave to BBS. The LPL was an excellent performer for me with heaps of lather and excellent protection. Fun shave, now ready for the evening.
20160123_160538 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Except mine has kinda split, and is now a weird grainy consistency.
Quite a common issue I believe for this soap. It could be because of the menthol but I'm not certain. The Jabonman "Lima-Intenso" had the same issue. But it still lathers and performs as great as before.

Qd4cr8Dl.jpg

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Polsilver [1]
After-shave: Golbourn & Sons Exousia

Great shave today. My face needed pampering so I decided on "The Fat". Beautiful lather and terrific post-shave feel. Massaged a few drops of Argan oil into the face for some further moisturising. Then took off the excess oil off with a splash of the newly launched Golbourn & Sons aftershave. The scent is superb and felt great on the face. No sting - probably due to the razor, soap and post-shave oil - even though the AS is alcohol based. I'll add more thoughts and details in a separate thread.

d4f6c668090fc38ae68be5d033d14a0f.jpg

Proraso pre
B&M Seville
Omega Boar
Merkur 34C HD
Astra SP
Alum
Acqua Di Parma Colonia ASB
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta EDT

"Fresh and Zingy" best describes today's experience. Broke out a rarely used scuttle to use with the Barrister & Mann Seville sample, send to me by Nils (Aussie shaving Facebook group guru and @Lifes a Peach's uncle). Very nice soap and scent. I'm all set for the day.

Enjoy your Sunday all!

Last edited:
Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch AS2
Soap/Cream: Martin de Cadre
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' Razor
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (7)
Post-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

While I know MdC has it detractors it works well for me - great unscented scent too. How to finish off? Hard to beat the Agua Balsamica really. Fantastic shave all around with the week old Wilkie in my Wilkie :)

I think that the lather was really improved by using the Draco Gambit - or at least an early version thereof. Made famous by our own @Draco Noir you need to use a fork to align the hairs in your brush before lathering -

The trick is to get in really deep and massage the hairs into place -

Don't know WHAT I'm on about? Thinking of far better ways to use a fork in a shave? Head over to our snap competition here - How would you incorporate a fork into your daily shaving routine?

There are prizes!!!!!

Sunday 24 January 2016

225979d1453648643-sun-january-24th-sat-january-30th-sotd-24012016.jpg

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

Today's shave has been the good occasion for testing one of the two new Mastro Livi shave brushes I bought yesterday and this time I opted the Wild Silver Badger Double Band and I must say I am very impressed by its performance. It has a lovely backbone and the right compromise between stiffness and softness on the skin. I also used Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, the straight razor Mastro Livi wanted to make in order to celebrate his 60 years of experience and daily commitment on the shaving and straight razor business. Grifetto is a straight razor I truly like, always giving a very pleasing and smooth shave, not to mention, very close.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Cella Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Wild Silver Badger Double Band, Juniper Handle, 24 mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman

EJ synth
NSS Ice & Slice
Feather ASD2
Rapira
Cold water
Alum
CRSW Fougere Modern

SAS to DFS, patches of roughness and one spot of irritation, yet overall ok, particularly considering I'm under the weather :(

Status
Not open for further replies.