Paladin Lotus
WMg+Uf0
Feather
AP Reserve Ozymandias

Date:- 08 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Spice Vitae
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's England / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #5
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
FINE Marvel w/Polsilver
Frank Shaving G4 synthetic
Squadron - The Warden (sample)
Vitamin E oil/Sacred Earth splash

Fantastic scent on this soap! I can't remember who gave me the sample as it was so long ago but I thank them! This is on my to buy list for when my software sabbatical is over.

This brush is incredibly soft, it's like nothing touching the face, just lather appearing buy itself!

20190608-092439-1.jpg

This was my third shave with my new r41 and second shave with my muhle synthetic, and my first time using a feather blade.

Muhle buckthorn soap and no preshave...I bought pre shave proraso cream he othet day and just like oil has for me previously...a pre shave makes future lather coats drier and pastier and makes the razer drag. For me a pre shave us good for one pass and makes the razer harder to clean.

I wasn't happy with the shave but I couldn't get even a half decent lather and I was in a real rush to get a shave in...right before work and a 1 year old near bed time.

At work later I was thinking how disappointed I was with my new brush and as soon as I came home I whipped up a quick lather using a different amount of water, it's completely different from my last silver tip badger brush and when I tried to wet it differently all of a sudden making the lather took a quarter of the time as my old brush did.

The bristles had more backbone so they work great on a triple milled soap but until now they lacked the splay needed, after a few uses and me wearing it on my hand for a few minutes it was amazing. The lather was the best conistency I have ever had too.

Not that impressed with the feather blade but like I said I had a terrible lather and no time. Will post back on tuesday night for final feather blade verdict.

beubuf.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Skye Fall shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (8)
Post-shave: APR Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: APR Skye Fall EDP

It just seemed like a APR Skye Fall day!

MeqcAiAl.jpg

This was my third shave with my new r41 and second shave with my muhle synthetic, and my first time using a feather blade.

Muhle buckthorn soap and no preshave...I bought pre shave proraso cream he othet day and just like oil has for me previously...a pre shave makes future lather coats drier and pastier and makes the razer drag. For me a pre shave us good for one pass and makes the razer harder to clean.

I wasn't happy with the shave but I couldn't get even a half decent lather and I was in a real rush to get a shave in...right before work and a 1 year old near bed time.

At work later I was thinking how disappointed I was with my new brush and as soon as I came home I whipped up a quick lather using a different amount of water, it's completely different from my last silver tip badger brush and when I tried to wet it differently all of a sudden making the lather took a quarter of the time as my old brush did.

The bristles had more backbone so they work great on a triple milled soap but until now they lacked the splay needed, after a few uses and me wearing it on my hand for a few minutes it was amazing. The lather was the best conistency I have ever had too.

Not that impressed with the feather blade but like I said I had a terrible lather and no time. Will post back on tuesday night for final feather blade verdict.

beubuf.jpg

I love the Feather blades. In my experience they work best for me in a mild razor. Having said that, its takes time to hone in a new razor. Once you have improved your technique give the Feathers another go.

beubuf.jpg

I used to have this issue with pre shave oil but the simple trick is to apply 3-4 drops of oil and let it soak into the skin for about ten minutes before starting your shaving routine. It literally has no impact on the lather but definitely makes a huge difference to my shave.

K1cNpnhh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Stirling - Ben Franklin
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razors: Kampfe Star and Breidora (1/4 hollow)
A couple of conversations (with @Sticky and @ and @bald as ) I was convinced to go back and kill the wedge edge and hone again. Again the edge felt good but to no avail. It was better but there was no way I was going to make it past one pass. Bring in the Breidorra........bliss! I finished honing the Breidora last night after I'd done the wedge. Same honing techniques and I was actually happier with how the wedge came up rather than the Breidora. So.........I give up.:banghead::wacky:
3MwcWpjs.jpg

Cat was trying to muscle in on the shot and managed to knock over the set and wave the tail in front of the camera so she makes the footnote. The German Shepherd at this point is beside herself in the dog yard because she just wants to eat the cat. #normal family chaos

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden

eAEdSBc.jpg

SOTD for Sunday the 9th of June 2019

Heljestrand MK 32
StropMartin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Muhle Fibre Silvertip XL
Boellis Panama 1924
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Balm
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Edp

I look at your SOTD pics and I don't just have shaving envy - I have LIFE envy - who has a life that allows for the set up of pics like these? So classy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.