Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get a very close shave every time with the 68... I should really replace the handle with a lighter/shorter one though.
@Korbz you smell like an Assassin's Creed

images

1yoEnU0l.jpg

It’s easy to forget how good a razor is when you don’t pick it up for an extended time. The slant just feels so effortless and automatic to me.

These cold days are designed for Ozymandias. Or is it the other way round? Maybe it’s interchangeable in any event!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Opened up this thread to reasd @tim33z's wise words - "It’s easy to forget how good a razor is when you don’t pick it up for an extended time."

Captures exactly what I was feeling this morning using the Slim again after a LONG time with the NEW head on the Bren handle.

Have a great week guys

9REDYthl.jpg

back in Oz, back to routine, back to the timeless and more importantly back with a brush :)

a week of shaving with crappy lather produced by rubbing my two hands together and now back in heaven with luxurious rich creamy lather, what a world of difference that makes

Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap/Cream: A&E Signature
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Persona Platinum (1)
Post-shave: A&E Uno Splash

Charcoal Goods, Magnum, LVL 3 OC + Timor
Stubble Trouble Up & Adam
Sam and Son 30mm Silvertip
Earworm: Grounds for Divorce - Elbow
I only ever use the LVL 3 plate after a few days growth, it is just too aggressive for a daily shaver. Consequently it managed to clear up the weekend stubble with no trouble. DFS after a single pass, which is all I ever dare with this razor combo.

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell Model T w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
Fine American Blend
Vitamin E oil

First use of the Model T (MT) and it didn't disappoint!!

First thing I'll mention is the face feel of the razor is very similar to the Gillette adjustable razors! No doubt about it in my mind.

However, the MT is much more efficient! The Slim, black beauty etc even on 9 were borderline capable of giving me a good shave and at this setting, they were not very comfortable.

The MT set of 4 (of 6) was very efficient. I got BBS after my usual 3.5 pass shave but it was comfortable too. No irritation like I always seemed to get from the vintage Gillette razors.
Even though my stubble would probably do well with a higher setting, I feel my skin will not allow going beyond setting 4.

I know the MT and 6S are totally different razors but if I compare them, the 6S on R6 is still my preferred razor due to the uber comfort for my overly sensitive skin.

The cutting angles are different, the head geometry doesn't feel the same to me, which makes sense given the MT is designed to replicate the Gillette adjustable head, which is does extremely well! The MT is definitely a modern razor for @Mark1966 !!!

20190617-085520-1.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

Good shave tonight with a new soap and a combination of a straight razor and a "Lather catcher" with a removable wedge style blade the can be honed.
@Sticky sent me the razor and some blades to see if they could be honed and take a shave ready edge. The one I honed this afternoon took a great edge and gave a very nice shave. For me a very good result, it felt a bit like a straight razor experience blade wise. The experience for a GEM user would be similar to a 1914 or a 1924.
Steve

Put a feather in the 0.95 SB timeless

I love the efficiency. It’s such an intuitive razor. No irritation. Can’t embed the photo on my iPhone.

The new squadron smells divine.

Shaved just for the sake of it. I had used the Braun 9000 series before work so only had post work stubble.

Razor; timeless 0.95 SB with feather
Brush: Simpson’s commodore best badger. I only have one brush. The Rockwell brush is too small.
Proraso preshave ; squadron soap.
Alum, dermalogica multi active toner and intense moisture balance cream to finish.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-KXhBK8/i-MWhXQZP/A

Date:- 18 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #13
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Good shave tonight with a new soap and a combination of a straight razor and a "Lather catcher" with a removable wedge style blade the can be honed.
@Sticky sent me the razor and some blades to see if they could be honed and take a shave ready edge. The one I honed this afternoon took a great edge and gave a very nice shave. For me a very good result, it felt a bit like a straight razor experience blade wise. The experience for a GEM user would be similar to a 1914 or a 1924.
Steve
Great work! It sounds like another wedge blade success!

Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Just as good today!

9REDYthl.jpg

Razor: 6s
Brush: yaqi synth
Soap: wickham Russian leather
Splash: Apr winterfall
Just a nice straight forward shave this morning but the blade is on it's third run and it's finished.not really noteworthy I've just got used to getting a full week out of blades in the general so it's just different than what I'm used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.