Status
Not open for further replies.
Z7Xtyhll.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 406 Pure Bristle
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Vintage Schick (4)
Soap: Vintage Imperial Leather
A/S: Fine Fresh Vetiver

I’m planning on buying a boar knot when I work out what sort of handle I’d like. Would like to make a handle but don’t have the time at this stage.

Nice! I'd love to see the handle if you get a chance to turn one.

I'll use the semogue and omega boars for the next several days and then I can decide on more boars if today's results are sustained.

KarveD w/Polsilver
Yaqi heavy metal silvertip
Tiki - kontiki soap
Gaia ASB

No SOTD pic today as it as a very quick shave before getting back to my daughter, born 3rd March...

IMG-20190304-WA0028.jpg
Oh my gosh! She's beautiful! Congratulations! :love:

Belated SOTD.

Pre: shower then Razorock Mister Joe glycerin soap
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Razor: Rockwell 6s (3)
Blade: Merkur (1)

Second sample of B&M has ended so into a near full tub of Bay Rum tomorrow. Would happily buy Seville when restocking my supplies.

I went through my blades and picked out several where I only have 3 or less in a tuck and want to finish them off. This blade was a bit harsh for the first pass but the next was pretty okay. I know they get a bad rap overall but I’ll try them for 2 days each to use them up.

Is there a market for buyers of used Boar brushes? I don’t see myself using the 2 I have as the last time any soap I had on the brush just dissipated before my eyes...

OdOHkoe.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2/1.5)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend (y)

PcRlUKBl.jpg

Next chapter of Barrister & March has begun with the Bay Rum soap. This is the THIRD of his soaps to be used so far this month. Lovely lather with a great scent.

Went for the THREE-way post routine with the Thayers, Floid and finally the Stirling balm. Got a great result that I’m happy with.

Now to take THREE dogs for walks individually. They all need different lengths due to their ages/abilities!

Enjoy the middle day of the THREE day weekend those who have it....

Now to take THREE dogs for walks individually. They all need different lengths due to their ages/abilities!

Huh? Haven't you ever heard of LAPS which involve you house as the end point?

Dog 1 get one lap

Dog 2 gets two laps

Dog 3 gets three laps

Master gets to sit down and have a beer much sooner!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (8)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge aftershave splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

Still going with let's pretend it is still Summer (TM) - worse things could happen!

6A4ejysl.jpg

Huh? Haven't you ever heard of LAPS which involve you house as the end point?

Dog 1 get one lap

Dog 2 gets two laps

Dog 3 gets three laps

Master gets to sit down and have a beer much sooner!
In theory this would be a great option, but between the oldest dog always looking for a piece of grass to piss or shit on; the middle dog wanting to sniff every message ever left by any dog; and the puppy wanting to chase every bird, butterfly, moth, fly or bee; it is beyond me. Plus a little extra walking is fine by me. I made sure it didn’t cut into any quality shaving time of course!

Date: 10 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Silvertip Badger Fan Horn 30/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable G4 1961 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

21 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

KarveD w/Polsilver
Semogue 1800 boar
B&M Latha Lavanda
Gaia ASB

Oh boy, another sublime shave!!

I said it many years ago that boars generate a rich, lotion-like lather and that's exactly what I got yesterday and today.
It's not something I get from synthetic or badger brushes.

20190310-090226-01.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo
Blade: Vostok (1)
Bowl: Pereira Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Soap: Squadron's Warden

A pre-meet up/farewell SOTD. Great to see some of the CBR crew again :) Wishing @Kaeckerut all the best with his relocation to Melbourne. Also wishing @lerenau and his family all the best with the upcoming birth of their 2nd child... Happy shaves!

IMG-20190310-155033-01.jpg

Still haven't finished the new den and unpacked everything but I did find this tin of Vasse Virgin shaving soap I picked up honeymoon. Time to try it out, I thought. For those not in the know, the company is a big deal bath soap and preserve maker in Margaret River. Bath soap is quite good so why not...

Lather is foamy and abysmal with little protection plus it vanishes quickly. It's another case of a bath soapmaker thinking they'll jump on to the bandwagon and they clearly don't wetshave. Scent is nothing bad. Some slickness which sort of lasted and so the shave was actually okay! Probably won't crack it out again.

The Nivea Deep Cleansing aftershave is actually quite good and I'm quite a fan of the shower gel's scent. It's more of a drying alcohol mix than the magic moisturising kind... and so utterly in my wheelhouse.

IMAG0387.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo
Blade: Vostok (1)
Bowl: Pereira Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Soap: Squadron's Warden

A pre-meet up/farewell SOTD. Great to see some of the CBR crew again :) Wishing @Kaeckerut all the best with his relocation to Melbourne. Also wishing @lerenau and his family all the best with the upcoming birth of their 2nd child... Happy shaves!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.