Weekly Razor Review

Wolfman WR2 1.35mm Bronze - WRH7 Handle (Canada)

A WR1 titanium version was the originally proposed razor but when Wolfman’s ‘Request to Purchase’ did not include the titanium WRH4 handle, I used my age privilege and changed the whole specification to a bronze WR2. That opened a whole new list of parameters to delve into; 1.35mm plate, safety bar, my all-time favourite WRH7 handle and all in a basic polish. I often make comment that some top shelf razor has a quality polished finish, which they do, then I look at a Wolfman and see that the others have been left in their wake. All the usual WR2 attributes are featured, corner blade locating, positive blade clamping, wide safety bar and precision thread engagement. Bronze is fast becoming one of my favourite metals for razors, if only it didn’t tarnish.

Since my first use of a Wolfman WR2, I have maintained a healthy respect for the WR2’s capabilities. I have now shaved with variations of all plates from 0.95mm to 1.35mm in the WR2 range and consider the Wolfman WR2 as being the pinnacle of DE razor design. It does not matter which WR2 is used, it can be used daily or just as effectively clean up a five day growth and the big point is, it does everything with consummate ease. Back to the 1.35mm plated bronze Wolfman, its efficiency is in the Karve CB level #D range and with its well thought out blade protrusion provided an extremely comfortable shave, a close shave was never in doubt. This razor is another brilliant example of the care and attention to detail delivered when a Wolfman product is purchased.

Blades Used – Gillette Super Stainless Red and Crown

Material – C954 Bronze

Blade Tab - Exposed

Weight – 98g

Head Width – 41.61mm

Handle Length – 90.41mm

Handle Diameter – 12.69mm

Availability – Wolfman

Final Word – Luxury

🥱

Wolfman

🥱

A WR1 titanium version was the originally proposed razor but when Wolfman’s ‘Request to Purchase’ did not include the titanium WRH4 handle, I used my age privilege and changed the whole specification to a bronze WR2. That opened a whole new list of parameters to delve into; 1.35mm plate, safety bar, my all-time favourite WRH7 handle and all in a basic polish. I often make comment that some top shelf razor has a quality polished finish, which they do, then I look at a Wolfman and see that the others have been left in their wake. All the usual WR2 attributes are featured, corner blade locating, positive blade clamping, wide safety bar and precision thread engagement. Bronze is fast becoming one of my favourite metals for razors, if only it didn’t tarnish.

Since my first use of a Wolfman WR2, I have maintained a healthy respect for the WR2’s capabilities. I have now shaved with variations of all plates from 0.95mm to 1.35mm in the WR2 range and consider the Wolfman WR2 as being the pinnacle of DE razor design. It does not matter which WR2 is used, it can be used daily or just as effectively clean up a five day growth and the big point is, it does everything with consummate ease. Back to the 1.35mm plated bronze Wolfman, its efficiency is in the Karve CB level #D range and with its well thought out blade protrusion provided an extremely comfortable shave, a close shave was never in doubt. This razor is another brilliant example of the care and attention to detail delivered when a Wolfman product is purchased.

Material – C954 Bronze

Blade Tab - Exposed

Weight – 98g

Head Width – 41.61mm

Handle Length – 90.41mm

Availability – Wolfman

Final Word – Luxury
Wolfman is just another bloody razor, sorry @alfredus it’s true that it’s just another bloody razor.

Yes, I borrow a Wolfman WR1 standard from my brother, and the whole head really doesn't suit me for the price. I haven't tried the WR2, my brother wasn't prepared to spend more money on the WR2.
I’m not a big fan of the WR1 either but the WR2 is a totally different kettle of fish. Put your hand in your pocket and get one.

I’m not a big fan of the WR1 either but the WR2 is a totally different kettle of fish. Put your hand in your pocket and get one.
Sorry, I'm out. It's just another bloody razor and the price for the WR2 it's way way too high and too risky. I'm very happy with the current razors I have in my den.

I'm bloody lucky now that the WCS American Liberty CNC and the Blackland Standard, Lite and the Vector, and also the Karve CB SS 'B, C & D' is ALL I need. Furthermore, I STILL got my Rockwell 6s.

I was tempted by the new WR4 SE for a while, but that wait list has done my pocket a favour. I had lots and lots of time to reconsider, so that's what I did.

Stop with the mental masturbation guys
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Material – C954 Bronze

Blade Tab - Exposed

Weight – 98g

Head Width – 41.61mm

Handle Length – 90.41mm

Availability – Wolfman

Final Word – Luxury

Oh No!! Bronze Wolfman. Ignorance was bliss. Now I'm going to have start saving..........

That's why I approach @Errol"s reviews with great anticipation and a slight sense of foreboding. His reviews are beyond top notch, but when he gives high marks to a razor I don't have is when the anxiety sets in. :unsure:
That’s because you need to keep your money and you don’t need another bloody razor so you can feed your dog, otherwise, she’ll bite your nuts off, if, she doesn’t get fed.

That's why I approach @Errol"s reviews with great anticipation and a slight sense of foreboding. His reviews are beyond top notch, but when he gives high marks to a razor I don't have is when the anxiety sets in. :unsure:
Exactly! A number of razors I own are a direct result of @Errol 's reviews. Especially the last few DE's I've purchased.........and the one on the way..........and the bronze.........I'm dreaming about.

Exactly! A number of razors I own are a direct result of @Errol 's reviews. Especially the last few DE's I've purchased.........and the one on the way..........and the bronze.........I'm dreaming about.
I have to admit that I never buy a new razor without first checking to see if @Errol has reviewed it.