Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: screaming child
During shave: wailing child
Post-shave: shrieking child

Makes for a really crap shave.

He woke up at 4am and was cranky up until I dropped him of at childcare at 8am this morning. To tell the truth he was still cranky then, but not my problem for a few hours.

Had these days. I feel for you:(

L3d0Sc1.jpg

Pre: La Toja
Brush: SJOL ST 28mm
Razor: ATT Colossus R1
Soap: Barrister & Mann - 42
After:Balm
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann - 42
Quality shave. 42 is one of my favourites.

He woke up at 4am and was cranky up until I dropped him of at childcare at 8am this morning. To tell the truth he was still cranky then, but not my problem for a few hours.

Ouch!

Been there and done that - and am very thankful for childcare workers!

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company - Ozark Mountain balm

Had this balm for a while, not sure why I've not tried it before! Good stuff :)

Hang in there, Eggman.
Like others have said, I have been there and feel for you.
If all else fails, sedate the little blighter (under med. sup. of course :whistle:)

64c52b2e27385d24cb85526eeb25eb61.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Aristocrat 66
Blade: Vintage Personna
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Traditional Down Home Summer
A/S: Real Shaving Balm
Cologne: D.R. Harris Lavender Water

Truly wonderful shave. Nanny's new tallow based traditional range is fantastic. This particular scent is a great blend of Vetiver and Lavender.

64c52b2e27385d24cb85526eeb25eb61.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Aristocrat 66
Blade: Vintage Personna
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Traditional Down Home Summer
A/S: Real Shaving Balm
Cologne: D.R. Harris Lavender Water

Truly wonderful shave. Nanny's new tallow based traditional range is fantastic. This particular scent is a great blend of Vetiver and Lavender.
Nice line-up, @Nightguard.

Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: WSP Rustic Barbershop
After: The Stray Whisker After Balm

I'm liking the Standard a lot. Had a couple of GSBs left in the sample pack, so decided to see how they go in this razor. Short answer - damn well. I'll have to buy some of these when I get a chance.

I've been having trouble getting the brush properly loaded with the WSP Rustic - 125g soap in a 125g tin means lather everywhere but not always enough going in the brush. Spat the dummy finally and scooped it all into a more suitable container, got the dregs from the tin and lathered up like a madman.

This was day 5 with the GSB, and the first pass left a bit to be desired, but after the 3rd pass and a bit of work on the cleanup, a DFS was the result. If I was down to my last couple of blades, I'd probably push it for another shave - but I'm not, so in the bin it goes.

TSW After Balm - nice, light, pleasant fragrance and non-greasy. I'll be getting more if this - perhaps a not-too-subtle hint for Fathers Day is in order :whistle:

Next up, I'll revisit the Dorco Prime Platinum and see how it plays in the Standard.

Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: Tabula Rasa Cardamom
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Vintage Polsilver
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW Afterbalm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Lather was good. I've started loading it very dry, and droplets of water to hydrate the lather.

Now the razor, @Benjamin. During the first pass, I felt like I couldn't feel the blade. The blade feedback certainly isn't quite like the iKon Slant that I am used to. In terms of blade feel, iKon Slant > iKon X3 by quite a fair margin. However, it doesn't mean it's not efficient, it can shave almost like it's older brother, but as @Psmith mentioned, it's smoother. I am really like this razor. Upon the first time looking at the razor head, the aluminium head doesn't look too convincing. But for the price, it sure is hard to beat. I will give the razor a few more goes and then post a more detailed comment.

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

So nice to be able to reach into my soap drawer and pull out a SH soap to use and enjoy :)

How to finish off after that? None other than the classic Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve. A 'drugstore' aftershave with none of the goodies in the artisan stuff - but such richness and complexity in the scent that I'm sure it competes with the best perfumes.

Happy Friday people!

First go with the iKon X3. 3 pass wtg, xtg x 2. I agree with Silver and others that have said it is mild yet efficient. I committed a cardinal sin and found myself "looking" for the blade at times, which, needless to say, resulted in a few nicks. Totally my own fault. Will be interesting to see how it goes as I get used to it.

OK, so this seems to be a phase he is going through or he is even less of a morning person than I am!
Calmed down the little banshee and handed him to his mum before heading of for my shower & shave this morning.
Forgot to change the blade out this morning, so just had an OK shave, but still far better then yesterday's effort.

OK, so this seems to be a phase he is going through or he is even less of a morning person than I am!
Calmed down the little banshee and handed him to his mum before heading of for my shower & shave this morning.
Forgot to change the blade out this morning, so just had an OK shave, but still far better then yesterday's effort.

Oh dear :(

Just remember that the 'little banshee' is simply a combination of the genetics you have and those of the wife you love. Scary when you think about it sometimes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.