Ji27vCl.gif
Soap with a great scent

Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2 Band
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Vintage Polsilver
Post: Alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore

Brush just barely hold enough lather for 2.5 passes. Not over flowing like how I normally prefer it. However, the soap did pretty well.
Second usage of the X3, very impressive. However, it feels like I can just be more carefree and use it. Lazy mindless days like today, it's perfect.
The scent of the matching aftershave is heavenly. Beautiful way to finish my Friday.

7409e3a6a489850150c4c747007cdfc8.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Henri et Victoria Absinthe
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Cologne: L`Artisan Fou d`Absinthe

Lovely shave.
Hats off to Henri et Victoria for a great soap, and in pulling off a tricky fragrance. A beautiful example of Absinthe.
Very close three pass shave with no nicks and a very nice post-shave feel.

W5jrZwy.jpg

Brush:
Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: ATT R1 Colossus
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond St Jermyn Street
Post: Taylor of Old Bond St Jermyn Street Luxury Aftershave Cream
After: Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn St Aftershave

Well I was feeling reckless so I skipped the pre-shave this morning, I usually run with either Occam's or La Toja pre-shave soaps but decided to dive right in this morning as the TOBS Jermyn st is a fairlt generous cream in that regard. No regrets either, the post shave from the TOBS is always good and the post shave milk and aftershave from them leaves a fantastic face feel. The usual 2 passes, no noticeable difference and a fantastic result.

I love the TOBS range, if I am looking for a classic and traditional scent its the line I look for, Jermyn st definitely is a tie with Sandalwoood in my book for desert island creams. I always load them generously, none of this half an almond stuff I am in there with vigour to ensure a mass of lather when the deed is done. I forget the cost and go with the pleasure of a dense, mountain of lather particularly on a cold Saturday morning when the smell of Jermyn suffuses the bathroom and I think... Life is good :)

Lather Shot

Last edited:
2016-08-27_07-50-43 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap and Proraso sandalwood preshave cream
Razor: Ikon X3
Blade: Feather
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Post Shave: Gummy Balm and Acqua di Parma Colonia EDT
The Ikon X3 needs a sharp blade for me as it has very little blade feel. It is a very comfortable razor and after three passes I am smooth and irritation free. The Stirling soap has a beautiful Acqua di Parma scent and performance is excellent. Finished off with the Acqua di Parma EDT. Have a great weekend.

Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce
Razor: Ikon DLC Slant 'The Dark Knight'
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Post Shave: Alum, Alt Innsbruck A/S

Wow. I am in love with Stirling Soaps. Excellent, fresh scent (not 'air freshener pine' at all) and a wonderful, slick lather.
The DLC Slant has much more blade feel than the X3 and I think I prefer it. A similar shave, but it needs more focus from the user. The Alt Innsbruck finished off an amazing shave.

Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce
Razor: Ikon DLC Slant 'The Dark Knight'
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Post Shave: Alum, Alt Innsbruck A/S

Wow. I am in love with Stirling Soaps. Excellent, fresh scent (not 'air freshener pine' at all) and a wonderful, slick lather.
The DLC Slant has much more blade feel than the X3 and I think I prefer it. A similar shave, but it needs more focus from the user. The Alt Innsbruck finished off an amazing shave.

I really hear you on Stirling soaps @Psmith, they are pure awesome.

I am a longtime fan of Stirling soaps having first stumbled onto them back in 2013 via W_E. Stirling soaps are very affordable, they have a massive range of scents and for the price point the performance punches way above its weight as to cushion, glide and post shave feel. Their post shave balms are equally good value if not better, great concentration of scent, performance and longevity.

The only kicker with Stirling is the postage costs to Australia and the restriction of sending alcohol internationally ruling out the Splashes for most people.

Until we convince Con @tsw to stock them :)

I had a lengthy conversation with @shavetheman about this very topic of Stocking Stirling products in his store after the thread on here a few weeks ago and I gave it every effort to get him to stock the range. In brief he cited a number of very valid and sound pro's and con's for and against stocking the range as a retailer in Australia.

I will leave it to him to discuss his reasons and thoughts on this forum if he chooses to. Without wanting to come across here as being arrogant, snarky, rude SOB I consider our telephone conversations private. I am sure he will gladly offer his thoughts though on Stirling :)

I had a lengthy conversation with @shavetheman about this very topic of Stocking Stirling products in his store after the thread on here a few weeks ago and I gave it every effort to get him to stock the range. In brief he cited a number of very valid and sound pro's and con's for and against stocking the range as a retailer in Australia.

I will leave it to him to discuss his reasons and thoughts on this forum if he chooses to. Without wanting to come across here as being arrogant, snarky, rude SOB I consider our telephone conversations private. I am sure he will gladly offer his thoughts though on Stirling :)
I'll support his decision and trust he knows what is best for TSW, besides, TSW already has a lot of good products to keep me coming back to them every couple of weeks to browse. Thanks @shavetheman for bringing in goodies like B&M to Australia, for us to purchase them locally.

Oh, have I also mentioned that their After balm has replaced my menscience moisturiser as my daily moisturiser and found a spot in my mandatory post shave routine?

I heard it was similar to the late Johnny Goodsir TMBR, that's why I purchased it. I love the scent, it pair well with Pinaud Virgin Island.
JGS was a whiskey/smokey scent where Anne Bonny is definitely black tea, but overall stand-out/"quality of" scent places them in the same league, Both "stand-out scents" IMO. Anne Bonny makes a better lather though.

Brush: SOC
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Lather was fantastic!!!! Oh Yea.

I can conclude. The X3 is a keeper for sure. Partially contributed by the amazing lather. Such close and comfortable shave. I did nick myself at the same spot though. User error. Will post more detailed thoughts in due time.

Brush: SOC
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Lather was fantastic!!!! Oh Yea.

I can conclude. The X3 is a keeper for sure. Partially contributed by the amazing lather. Such close and comfortable shave. I did nick myself at the same spot though. User error. Will post more detailed thoughts in due time.

Very nice indeed, Lord Argentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.