Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shower
Feather AC DX non folding with Pro Super Blade (2)
La Toja Stick
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

Great WTG/ATG shave today for DFS+. A couple of tiny weepers under the chin - need to keep the angle flatter there when going ATG. A great slick soap which lathered up a treat with the boar brush this time. My "no splash, no balm" experiment is doing great after a few weeks - no irritation (which I get from splashes) and no zits (which I get from balms). Face feel depends on the soap - it's pretty good with this one although nothing has beaten MWF on that front so far.

818318c6b2e7db4e6a265cbee8a567f4.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Unknown Vintage Slant
Blade: Vintage Personna
Cream: Occams
A/S: PAA Alcohol Free Bay Rum

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas (0.58) & Voskhod (1st Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm High Mountain White
Soap: "COSMO" Lather Shot here
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold water splash, COSMO, Face Serum
Aftershave/Cologne: APR Acqua Di Sydney

What an awesome shave tonight. Everything just performed a treat. New Voskhod blade in the ATT my new brush whipped up a mean lather and lots of it although the brush will take a few shaves to break in. The soap is just the best IMO and the face serum leaves a post shave feel second to none.
To top it off a light splash of the Acqua Di Sydney and I am one very happy chappy !! (y)
Enjoy your night guys.
uCBEQA9.jpg

If you ever want to sell that slant please shoot me a pm.....

Good grief, another vulture!

Maybe we need a 'I'm calling dibs' sub-forum, what do you think @Monsta_AU?

Oh, I know, how does this seem to everybody

'I've got first dibs on everything, everybody has, or may acquire at any stage in the further, and which they now, or at any stage in the future, wish to sell, trade or PIF.'

See, I got it FIRST!

MdC is the single most overrated soap. I think it must be because people pay a decent sum for it they almost feel obliged to say it's better than it is, secretly I know they cry themselves to sleep.

Come at me bro...

Agreed - delusions of grandeur

For the same $ you could get the whole flight group of squadron soaps.

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: Antiga Barbearia (thanks @Draco Noir )
Soap/Cream: Stirling Glastonbury
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Myrsol Formula "C"

Wonderful brush. A lot smaller knot than the platypus, but certainly holds plenty of lather. This brush has been superbly broken in by @Draco Noir and is splendidly soft. Needless to say, was a brilliant shave and incredibly enjoyable!

7ee37aa705fdd82e8d05128b89ee5cae.jpg

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: Eufros Jabonman Kasbah
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Polsilver

Jabonman soap is definitely one of my top shelf stuffs. The tallow formulation is very good.

However, star of tonight's shave would have to be the finishing splash - APR Idoru from @todras. Excellent work formulating this beautiful aftershave.

Thursday 23 February 2017

oL_s_6-kmEAOqj8_a8GqFW_6kSingeT_5GhOQgUnykQhuCnGlfhq70pR0vN0SycdaunLhrDBAsMUkaBNDe4tVG7Rq6a-VIr_pWc=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point

Today's shave has been a combination of very good elements and gave me a luxury and very satisfactory shave. Starting from the very good soap made by Aguzzeria del Cavallo (it seems they are not making this soap anymore, what a pity) a classic Italian almond scented soap giving a stable and very effective lather. I guess this was also thanks to the Mastro Livi super silvertip badger brush, a champion in mounting lather to perfection. Not to mention the straight razor. I really like the ladder Damasteel of this razor's blade, a sort of mesmerizing pattern perfectly matching to the pattern of buckeye burl scales. The razor gave me a super smooth shave and the icing on the cake was the refreshing and invigorating effect of my Bay Rum, made from real pimenta racemosa leaves and real dark rum.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Ebony Handle, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

MdC is the single most overrated soap. I think it must be because people pay a decent sum for it they almost feel obliged to say it's better than it is, secretly I know they cry themselves to sleep.

Come at me bro...

Not listening........ lalalalalalallalallalalall
I have a tub ordered, off course its excellent :)

Could have been worse @Alba65 - that beautiful PantaRei Brush could have hit the tiles!!
Hope the neck improves - you need your hands to shave ;)

Its happened before now @Snooze, slippy fekkers at times haha, luckily it was very minor and an easy repair.......... the neck on the other hand is more proving. Thanks for the well wishes (y)

Hi @UKSteve - I love the look of this brush but have been put off by accusations of floppiness - how do you find it?

I've heard a few say it but I don't find mine floppy, it has soft tips and enough backbone for me. I don't know how long others are soaking it for but I generally only soak the tips and for 5 minutes tops. If you don't get on with one it's easy to steam the knot out and fit whatever you like.

Not listening........ lalalalalalallalallalalall
I have a tub ordered, off course its excellent :)

I hope you enjoy it, I honestly do. I've had 2 before in my shaving life... before I knew any better. ;)

zAu1JVM.jpg

Musgo Glyce
SJOL 26mm ST
Gillette Fatboy
Polsilver
Stone Cottage Soapworks Hesperide Cream
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Aftershave
APR L'endroit Orange EDP

An ideal herbaceous citrus shave today, great lather from the Stone Cottage and superb glide. Two passes and a nice clean off then on with the goods, no complaints from me.

Have a bloody good day you blokes :pompous:

'I've got first dibs on everything, everybody has, or may acquire at any stage in the further, and which they now, or at any stage in the future, wish to sell, trade or PIF.'

See, I got it FIRST!

Don't give up your day job, that is the worst drafting I have ever seen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.