Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Personna Micrometric
Blade: Vintage Personna [England] blade (12)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'B2'
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve - Lavande Violette splash

With all the ABUSE hurled at the MdC in recent days I had to give it a run. Works for me, lather shots here - Lather Shots

APR great as always.

37 Degree Vetiver Shave
20170224_071633.jpg

Razor : Merkur Futur (3)
Blade : Wilkinson Sword Vintage SS (1)
Soap : K Shave Worx Major Wood
Brush : K Shave Worx Gamechanger

Thoughts...
- I am still finishing off the initial dollop of Major Wood that's in my shave bowl and I just have to declare my undying love for this soap. It is my favourite in my den atm. Cushion, glide, slickness and scent are spot on for me, my style of shaving and my skin.
- Finished off my Carmen Dry Vetiver even though today is going to be a stinker. I needed the space and screw the rules - it's Friday!

Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (3)
Cella
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

WTG/ATG DFS - loaded the Cella like I hated it for a lot longer than usual and the lather was better - enough for 5 passes! It's actually a pretty good soap although my face feels a bit "hot" after using it - probably a slight reaction to the almond oil. Not bad enough to stop me though - it's a great soap when lathered up like this - just takes a lot of swirling in a small tub to get there! Will reach for other options when I'm in a hurry.

Milton Brown Tobacco Absolute Shower Gel
Semogue 1305
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Cream
Mitsuon 3000
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne​

8d77561d234c44c9e6ab6326c8a8edb6_zpslyqmvzh6.jpg

Oh 10/10 for composition. Outstanding!

20170224_SOTD_S_zpsygfex311.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weper PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-Band
Lather:
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Same razor/blade combo as my last (horrible) try - so this time I tried to shave with an extra light touch. The result was much better (no blood and burn - only a big sting from the alum), but there was a lot of pulling and tugging during the whole exercise. Since I definitely cannot fault the wonderful drippy lather (picture here), I am pretty certain, that this was a dud blade...

Hope you all are ready for a great weekend (y)

7ee37aa705fdd82e8d05128b89ee5cae.jpg

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: Eufros Jabonman Kasbah
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Polsilver

Jabonman soap is definitely one of my top shelf stuffs. The tallow formulation is very good.

However, star of tonight's shave would have to be the finishing splash - APR Idoru from @todras. Excellent work formulating this beautiful aftershave.

Beauty of a line-up there, @silver. Interested in your thoughts of the scents of the Kasbah and Idoru.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas (0.58) & Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: APP "Sangre De Drago" Lather Shot here
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold water splash, TSW Balm
Aftershave/Cologne: APP Sangre De Drago

Gave the Manchurian another run tonight, needless to say lots of lather on me and all over the bathroom :) Cannot fault this soap or the aftershave/Cologne. I am blown away with how good the ATT is, every time I use it I have the cleanest of shaves with absolutely no roughness left to feel even on my usually trick bits underneath and either side of my chin. Another awesomely smooth shave with a fantastic post shave feel. Sorry I missed putting my brush in the shot but added to the Lather Shot thread and above in my Soap used. Cheers
Have a good night guy's
fDS12mi.jpg

Gillette Slim 1967
Gillette Super Stainless J-3 1989 Made in France @ 11
Dr Jon - Anne Bonny
Vintage Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This eleventh shave was less smooth(no sh*t loll) however it was more than acceptable, it felt like a Shark SS on its first spin. Overall a good shave, 3 passes and touch up for a DFS+ result with mininum feedback from the aftershave. There won't be a twelfth shave, I'm sure I could squeeze 1-2 more shaves but I want to stop while it's still give comfortable results.

Razor: Vintage Personna Micrometric
Blade: Vintage Personna [England] blade (13)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'AS2'
Soap/Cream: Mondial Tobacco Verde
Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss

... and relax.

Have a great weekend guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.