Status
Not open for further replies.
aa03c9138ad4c215c7ead73a54f0e9ce.jpg

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Polsilver

Lather was without a doubt, amazing. Amazing way to start the day. The APR Idoru is easily my favourite aftershave now. @TomG the scent profile would be a relatively oriental styled aftershave. Starts off with some floral scents to it, and after a while the Hinoki will surface up and stays for a long time. As @filobiblic says, scents have a very strong connection to memories. This reminds me of the Japanese hot springs and my trip to Kanazawa, as I had the luxury to witness some carpenters planing Japanese cypress Beams there, so this really does brings me right back to Kanazawa while I was watching the carpenters work.

As for the Kasbah, it's really hard to describe the scent. It really smells like tea with some Turkish spices, very masculine though. It's also hard to describe it as it's not quite what I have smelt before as well.

614879d0189e8b3f61d19af97d3eedb0.jpg

SOTD

Brush: Paste and Cut Limited Edition
Soap/Splash: The Shaving Shop Raspberry Vanilla
Razor: Gillette Redtip

Great shave today, thanks Peter Charkalis for shipping this soap to me, it has an amazing scent. Thanks to Kelly Daugherty and Kevin Daugherty for making the soap.

The brush gets better and better with every use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening shave Friday 24th Feb

Preshave: Banh Rice-milk face scrub
Razor/Blade: Aristocrat #66 w/ Lord SS (6)
Soap: Shaving shop's "Francisca"
Brush: Cadman "stubby" HMW
Postshave: Thayers cucumber, Myrsol Balsamic & Emulsion Balm, Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

Another great shave, Lord blade has been excellent, 6 (3 pass) shaves and still as sharp and as smooth as the first, impressed with them (y)

IMG_20170224_192648277-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Thursday 23 February 2017

oL_s_6-kmEAOqj8_a8GqFW_6kSingeT_5GhOQgUnykQhuCnGlfhq70pR0vN0SycdaunLhrDBAsMUkaBNDe4tVG7Rq6a-VIr_pWc=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point

Today's shave has been a combination of very good elements and gave me a luxury and very satisfactory shave. Starting from the very good soap made by Aguzzeria del Cavallo (it seems they are not making this soap anymore, what a pity) a classic Italian almond scented soap giving a stable and very effective lather. I guess this was also thanks to the Mastro Livi super silvertip badger brush, a champion in mounting lather to perfection. Not to mention the straight razor. I really like the ladder Damasteel of this razor's blade, a sort of mesmerizing pattern perfectly matching to the pattern of buckeye burl scales. The razor gave me a super smooth shave and the icing on the cake was the refreshing and invigorating effect of my Bay Rum, made from real pimenta racemosa leaves and real dark rum.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Ebony Handle, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum
Wow, beautiful blade and great shave (y)

Soap - mickey lee drunken goat
Razor - Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade - brown pol si (4)
Brush - platypus 26 bulb
Post - Thayers and Myrsol blue

Not a fan of loading from a bowl. Whilst the lather didn't look washed out, I think I may have pushed it too far as it wasn't overly slick. Scent was brilliant though. Reminiscent of SH hot buttered rum but a little dirtier.

Back to the Rockwell now the timeless is cleaned and ready to go home :( Still, fantastic shave with the Rockwell, but as you'd expect with the difference in aggression, wasn't as close (more comfortable though).

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 25 February 2017

Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Lather: - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable
Blade: - Polsilver Super Iridium #3
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Alfredus Choice sample Australian Private Reserve Aftershave

The aftershave of Alfredus Choice sample is nearly all gone :(:shy::arghh: I believe I could squeeze one more round from this tiny bottle, however I really enjoy this scent of Alfredus Choice @todras you did a fantastic job making this aftershave keep up the great work buddy (y)

Last edited:
How is the scent on the Pitralon range mark, Ive seen you use it a few times ?

I think this is only the second time I've used the 'Swiss' I got three and tried them all but they are all different.

The Pitralon site (http://pitralon.com/en/products/pitralon-160ml/) describes the 'Fragrance Pyramid' but I just got a mixed herbaceous spicy scent without noticing distinct elements. Mind you, I was not paying a lot of attention. Remind me and I will bring to the meet up and you can sniff.

Trying Tony Shave
20170225_085307.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (4)
Blade: Wilkinson Vintage SS (2)
Soap: K Shave Worx Major Wood
Brush: @Tony Forsyth Amber & Gold Synthetic
Post: Alum + Malizia Uomo AS + Malizia Uomo EdT (39 degrees in Perth today!!!)

Thoughts...
- So I decided to keep everything pretty standard so I could really see what Tony's brush was like. Here is what was left in my bowl from the past week's Major Wood action and then what the wet brush produced after around 30 seconds:
- Clearly it lathers really easily - just as good as the Gamechanger. In terms of face feel it is lovely and soft but I do have to agree with @Cris that this knot is a tiny bit scritchy compared with the Gamechanger which has no scritch at all. Note that I didn't mind this (I love Semogue boars!) but I'd have to give best smoothness synthetic knot honours to the Gamechanger. I encourage Tony to add that knot to his options. The handle itself is beautiful and I am incredibly happy with my choice. It's a little bigger than the K Shave Worx one too which I prefer.

Last edited:
Trying Tony Shave
20170225_085307.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (4)
Blade: Wilkinson Vintage SS (2)
Soap: K Shave Worx Major Wood
Brush: @Tony Forsyth Amber & Gold Synthetic
Post: Alum + Malizia Uomo AS + Malizia Uomo EdT (39 degrees in Perth today!!!)

Thoughts...
- So I decided to keep everything pretty standard so I could really see what Tony's brush was like. Here is what was left in my bowl from the past week's Major Wood action and then what the wet brush produced after around 30 seconds:
- Clearly it lathers really easily - just as good as the Gamechanger. In terms of face feel it is lovely and soft but I do have to agree with @Cris that this knot is a tiny bit scritchy compared with the Gamechanger which has no scritch at all. Note that I didn't mind this (I love Semogue boars!) but I'd have to give best smoothness synthetic knot honours to the Gamechanger. I encourage Tony to add that knot to his options. The handle itself is beautiful and I am incredibly happy with my choice. It's a little bigger than the K Shave Worx one too which I prefer.
Definitely whips a beautiful lather mate!!! And like Waite the scritch doesn't bother me and I think over time it will get better as the tips wear out a bit!

baadc8604468cc5daa645ab157a19c60.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, DR Harris Arlington
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22/66
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (1)

My first shave with the Aristocrat. Whilst considered mild, it is more aggressive than the Sticky, and the brand new English Platinum blade was super sharp. I was a bit nonchalant with technique, and suffered a couple of nicks. Three passes for BBS - wow was it a close shave! A bit more respect needed next time out.
Nice lather from the MWF, and the Bayolia, applied a little later, was refreshing and such a great scent.
Thanks to @Mark1966 for his help and guidance in the vintage Gillette field.

baadc8604468cc5daa645ab157a19c60.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, DR Harris Arlington
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22/66
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (1)

My first shave with the Aristocrat. Whilst considered mild, it is more aggressive than the Sticky, and the brand new English Platinum blade was super sharp. I was a bit nonchalant with technique, and suffered a couple of nicks. Three passes for BBS - wow was it a close shave! A bit more respect needed next time out.
Nice lather from the MWF, and the Bayolia, applied a little later, was refreshing and such a great scent.
Thanks to @Mark1966 for his help and guidance in the vintage Gillette field.

Lovely shave right there!

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm High Mountain White
Soap: Squadron Soaps Spitfire!
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: None
A nice simple shave tonight but a little experimenting with the Spitfire. I think after some messaging back and forth with Andy and my experimenting tonight the soap just needs lots and lots of water. I had a better result tonight with a slight improvement on the slickness chart. A little more experimenting and hopefully I should have it nailed. Loving the scents though @SchoolForAnts and I think with a little more fine tuning I might get there (Hopefully) in the end. The HMW is now on its second or third shave so will keep going with that one for a fair few shaves yet and see how it settles in.
Mark dropped the Timeless back this afternoon thanks @Korbz and good to hear you enjoyed the experience. I tried the new 0.68 base plate for tonight's shave and it performed as expected and better, So Mark definitely go the 0.68 when you get around to procuring yours.
That's it for tonight chaps enjoy the rest of your night and more importantly your weekend.

89c6jZD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.