2017 sabattical

So are we going to have an official list somewhere? I need to make a decision as to whether I am doing this or not and lock myself in before I waver LOL
just sign up mate, you got this one in the bag....
16KQ7_s-200x150.gif

I am away with variable to nil internet access - just wanted to register my name on the "official sabbatical list" with the one or two others!!!
Bring on 2017!!!
Happy New Year legends

Last edited by a moderator:
So after some careful consideration (and a heap of banter and jesting elsewhere) I have decided that I am not in.

That being said I will be exercising an extreme amount of restraint in 2017. Do not expect to see many mail calls from me. I have 4 or 5 packages either in transit or already ordered and do not intend for the total number of arrivals for 2017 to exceed double that amount. There are really only 2 or 3 items on my immediate radar now anyway.

Kudos to those that have decided to publicly declare their intentions.

So after some careful consideration (and a heap of banter and jesting elsewhere) I have decided that I am not in.

That being said I will be exercising an extreme amount of restraint in 2017. Do not expect to see many mail calls from me. I have 4 or 5 packages either in transit or already ordered and do not intend for the total number of arrivals for 2017 to exceed double that amount. There are really only 2 or 3 items on my immediate radar now anyway.

Kudos to those that have decided to publicly declare their intentions.
How the heck does @nsavage get a Sabbatical banner? Maybe a "Restraint" banner? Or, a participation trophy! LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in purely because I plan on buying things and mostly as I don't care for the colour of the XXXX Fail banner.

How the heck does @nsavage get a Sabbatical banner? Maybe a "Restraint" banner? Or, a participation trophy! LOL.

Good question, he just scored a mysterious new brush too....

Regarding to what volunteered him as a participant??
My own unilateral decision. Authority to do so comes with the keys to this joint, plus I need to keep myself amused (see Filo's growing banner list). Happy to remove it if he really wants it off.

Anyone else in?

Rules are simple - you cannot buy anything however products we release here as a Forum developed product then I shall turn a blind eye.

If you literally run out of stuff to shave with (or breakages/failures/lost/stolen), here's what you are allowed to buy:
  • DE Blades: Anything locally available - I am thinking the Brazilian Wilkinsons from Coles is fine.
  • Soap/Cream: Proraso Green from you local barbershop or Shaver Shop only.
  • Brush: If all your brushes die, something like one of the Synths from The Body Shop.

My own unilateral decision. Authority to do so comes with the keys to this joint, plus I need to keep myself amused (see Filo's growing banner list). Happy to remove it if he really wants it off.

Anyone else in?

Rules are simple - you cannot buy anything however products we release here as a Forum developed product then I shall turn a blind eye.

If you literally run out of stuff to shave with (or breakages/failures/lost/stolen), here's what you are allowed to buy:
  • DE Blades: Anything locally available - I am thinking the Brazilian Wilkinsons from Coles is fine.
  • Brush: If all your brushes die, something like one of the Synths from The Body Shop.
Assuming trades are allowed still and a pre ordered brush that I suspect is stuck in UK customs along other M&F handles, then yes, I'm in.

Sounds like @eggbert and @Drubbing 's cabinets since '92

Anyone else in?

Well, that's bull----.
  • Blades: Used blades may be PIF'd by other members.
  • Soap: Dishwashing detergent.
  • Brush: A loofah