2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

I've still got DG Pure Lavender, IF, you want IT ….. Mr Smartass Lavender lover ...... This is the only pure lavender soap, DG doesn't make this anymore.

IMG-1212.jpg
Now you're talking. (y) The only lavender I've had from them was the Chatillon Lux collaboration Champs de Lavande, which was a bit overpowering for me, and not really lavendery enough.

PM your address and mobile number, if, you really WANT IT BADLY
Thank you very much for the offer, this was so tempting I stopped to think about it for a while before replying. A year ago, I would have been all over this like a plague of locusts, but now I realise I'm actually pretty happy with my lavender situation, so I might pass. Thanks for thinking of me though, much appreciated. 🤗

That's the one and only reason I'm hanging on to Batters Up. In fact, that was the only reason I bought it in the first place.
I wouldn't keep the stink of Batters Up for the best artwork in the shaving world, how's KAOS! going @Ferret619 are you winning the game?

Mail call today
WCS American Liberty CNC Stainless Steel, I'll be shaving this razor tonight.

Don't complain the American flag is upside down on the handle, it's just a bloody razor. The Australian always LOVE American :giggle:

IMG-1213.jpg
ynnFLJy.gif
Good to see that even with @SpeedyPC RAD is not cured, not even by the Blackbird, there is always an itch to be scratched

The BIC supplier here is shutting up shop and since my favourite combo is the Blackbird with the BIC chrome platinum, I didn't want to take any chances, I ordered another 2,000. Taking my total to around 4,800.
Plus 1,300 Wizamet, I think my future grandkids are also set for blades!

I'm still shocked how the BIC performs as well as feather but with much more comfort and longevity.

The BIC supplier here is shutting up shop and since my favourite combo is the Blackbird with the BIC chrome platinum, I didn't want to take any chances, I ordered another 2,000. Taking my total to around 4,800.
Plus 1,300 Wizamet, I think my future grandkids are also set for blades!

I'm still shocked how the BIC performs as well as feather but with much more comfort and longevity.
I’d agree with that. Wouldn’t like to be out of stock of BIC’s. I assume they’ll stay readily available otherwise I’d be following suit.

I’d agree with that. Wouldn’t like to be out of stock of BIC’s. I assume they’ll stay readily available otherwise I’d be following suit.

Which razor do you like best with the BIC?

Yeah, it's just the Indian supplier closing up as BIC products didn't take off here.

I don't see them stopping production anytime soon.

IMO they remain one of the most underrated blades.
They are however, very unforgiving in the wrong razor.

Yeah, it's just the Indian supplier closing up as BIC products didn't take off here.

The BIC never agrees with my face with every razor I have in my den, instead, I haven't tried it with the Bladbird, Fine Marvel, and the WCS American Liberty CNC.

I can't be bloody bothered with the BIC

The BIC works well with the Rocnel Elite with a shim so it’s not too mild. It also works well for me in a number of other razors. I can’t remember a razor it particularly disagrees with. I made the stupid mistake of an agreement with my wife in buying the Blackbird of a certain number of kg’s weight loss. Several years later the Blackbird is still in it’s box, so I can’t comment on the performance of the BIC in the Blackbird.:confused:

Last edited:
The BIC works well with the Rocnel Elite with a shim so it’s not too mild. It also works well for me in a number of other razors. I can’t remember a razor it particularly disagrees with. I made the stupid mistake of an agreement with my wife in buying the Blackbird of a certain number of kg’s weight loss. Several years later the Blackbird is still in it’s box, so I can’t comment on the performance of the BIC in the Blackbird.:confused:
Maybe there's a way to adjust your bathroom scales... :unsure: