2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

QMbHMpk.jpg

Oha4C75.jpg

and 45 days free storage plus combined shipping means I have to stock up on US gear to maximize savings
Makes complete sense to me "sometimes you have to spend a little, to save a lot" don't know why SWMBO doesn't understand :unsure:

Mail call today and this soap smells straight from the tub, something like a very greeny forest minty piney smell. Gotta admit smells bloody good.

IMG-1233.jpg
Never mind the soap, how are you going to mount the artwork on your wall? ;)

This label is one of the best, and Noble Otter sets the bar as high as it gets.

Why not? Their artists have gone to a lot of trouble to create those works. It seems to me that you have a (nearly) complete collection, you could celebrate it. :p
Maybe…. In a few years I might sell the whole collection… will see.

Shut up @Ferret619 I can see you bloody smiling.

But you've already got rid of Batters Up... But why not make your display the Best of the Best... :p
I’m too old for art and doesn’t interest me anymore hanging on a bloody wall, since I was medically retired as a Senior Structural Design Draftsman in AutoCAD and Revit Structure 3D modeling.

Mailcall from Aliexpress's Summer (for northern hemisphere) sale. Just some Yaqi razors I was curious about, and could save around $12-18 on them. Yaqi Harlequin razor, stainless Mellon (SLOC), and the Fleur handle. Yaqi threw in some freebies, some stickers and a Steam Eye Mask.

HHoEqf1.jpg

BEu0wfA.jpg

3lc4aLU.jpg

IfGeAst.jpg

uHJRmF2.jpg

Mailcall from Aliexpress's Summer (for northern hemisphere) sale. Just some Yaqi razors I was curious about, and could save around $12-18 on them. Yaqi Harlequin razor, stainless Mellon (SLOC), and the Fleur handle. Yaqi threw in some freebies, some stickers and a Steam Eye Mask.

HHoEqf1.jpg

BEu0wfA.jpg

3lc4aLU.jpg

IfGeAst.jpg

uHJRmF2.jpg
A steam bloody eye mask, what the heck? are you trying to polish up your eyelashes during your sleep? keeping them soft and sexy?

giphy.gif

It's the tropics afterall, "when it rains it pours" 2 x Gem Junior Bar with blades and stropping tool
bteJcw8.jpg

uCkyUkd.jpg

Been outbid on a few lather catchers with wedge blades, therefore still avoiding that rabbit hole for now.

Can you use modern GEM blades in that?
Yes, can use both wedge and flat blades
@Sticky advised the Junior model introduced modern style flat blades into lather catchers although vintage Gem blades appear to be higher carbon steel for honing and stropping, maintaining the edge
Due to flexibility of the spring and bar to hold the blade in place it can accept both
In fact you can see @Sticky using both in SOTD modern Gem PTFE
Straight razor type wedge