2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

The BIC never agrees with my face with every razor I have in my den, instead, I haven't tried it with the Bladbird, Fine Marvel, and the WCS American Liberty CNC.

I can't be bloody bothered with the BIC

You're truly missing out on a gem of a blade!!

The BIC works well with the Rocnel Elite with a shim so it’s not too mild. It also works well for me in a number of other razors. I can’t remember a razor it particularly disagrees with. I made the stupid mistake of an agreement with my wife in buying the Blackbird of a certain number of kg’s weight loss. Several years later the Blackbird is still in it’s box, so I can’t comment on the performance of the BIC in the Blackbird.:confused:

Haha
Trust me, the effort will be worth it in order to use the blackbird!

It really is a magical razor! 18 months on and I can count on one hand how many times I've used any other razor!

On a side note, I did intermittent fasting and shed 20kg.

I skipped breakfast and ate an early lunch, between 12-1PM. Dinner by 7PM.
So basically an eating window of 7 hours and fasting of 17 hours.

I never really ate much junk food when prior but with a slow metabolism, I needed some help, which intermittent fasting did.

You're truly missing out on a gem of a blade!!

Haha
Trust me, the effort will be worth it in order to use the blackbird!

It really is a magical razor! 18 months on and I can count on one hand how many times I've used any other razor!

On a side note, I did intermittent fasting and shed 20kg.

I skipped breakfast and ate an early lunch, between 12-1PM. Dinner by 7PM.
So basically an eating window of 7 hours and fasting of 17 hours.

I never really ate much junk food when prior but with a slow metabolism, I needed some help, which intermittent fasting did.
I concur with IF. Helped me shed 10kg slowly but safely along with a gym regimen. Once you get over the initial hump of your body screaming for food (varies per person, I had mild headaches and general feelings of iffiness), your body adjusts and so does your cravings. Black instant coffee in the morning is pretty much a taste bud deterrent lol.

The BIC never agrees with my face with every razor I have in my den, instead, I haven't tried it with the Bladbird, Fine Marvel, and the WCS American Liberty CNC.

I can't be bloody bothered with the BIC
Wow! I had no idea you picked up the WCS American Liberty. Any thoughts on it at all?
Which razor do you like best with the BIC?

Yeah, it's just the Indian supplier closing up as BIC products didn't take off here.

I don't see them stopping production anytime soon.

IMO they remain one of the most underrated blades.
They are however, very unforgiving in the wrong razor.
There has been talk of more blade's being made in India so you might have more options soon. As it happens Astra blades appear to be either made in India now or repackaged in India now granted they are no BiC Chrome platinum's or Wizamet but having more blade options locally to you is never bad. At least you are set for blades for a very long time.

The best shave I had with a BiC Chrome platinum blade was in my Tatara Muramasa coincidentally I think that was also the best shave I had in the Muramasa.
I just noticed that The Stray Whisker is selling Tatara razors now if anyone is interested in them btw.

Last edited:
I concur with IF. Helped me shed 10kg slowly but safely along with a gym regimen. Once you get over the initial hump of your body screaming for food (varies per person, I had mild headaches and general feelings of iffiness), your body adjusts and so does your cravings. Black instant coffee in the morning is pretty much a taste bud deterrent lol.

Took around 2 weeks for my body to stop screaming for brekky. After that, it was smooth sailing.

It really does work very well!
I feel IF also helped me to recover from the Virus faster.

Wow! I had no idea you picked up the WCS American Liberty. Any thoughts on it at all?

There has been talk of more blade's being made in India so you might have more options soon. As it happens Astra blades appear to be either made in India now or repackaged in India now granted they are no BiC Chrome platinum's or Wizamet but having more blade options locally to you is never bad. At least you are set for blades for a very long time.

The best shave I had with a BiC Chrome platinum blade was in my Tatara Muramasa coincidentally I think that was also the best shave I had in the Muramasa.
I just noticed that The Stray Whisker is selling Tatara razors now if anyone is interested in them btw.

I hate Indian blades as it is so no options exist for me locally.

In terms of PPI, I only like and use Wizamet, but I rate these below BIC.

The BIC are THE goldilocks blade for me...paired with the blackbird and Merkur Progress.

SGHnYGr.jpg

Good to see you're still into Mystic Water, it doesn't get nearly the exposure it deserves. (y) (y)
Agree. ‘White Tea & Ginger’, ‘Coconut Lime Verbena’, and ‘Pompelmo & Fiori’ are great scents.
I’ve been trying to twist Alfie’s arm for years for a sample of ‘Sardinian Honey’, but he guards it like red matter.

Agree. ‘White Tea & Ginger’, ‘Coconut Lime Verbena’, and ‘Pompelmo & Fiori’ are great scents.
I’ve been trying to twist Alfie’s arm for years for a sample of ‘Sardinian Honey’, but he guards it like red matter.
Heh, you should have put up your hand in August '21 when I offered to split samples that I had. :LOL:

Worse still, it irritated my skin and ended up in the bin for lack of takers. It smelt really nice though. (y)

Michelle is still selling the Sardinian Honey for only US$11.32 a puck, and she stuffs the box with goodies up to the maximum weight.

Last edited:
I believe my Sardinian Honey was passed on many many moons ago...maybe to @Mark1966???

This is one of those deals where the seller accepted my offer and it cost more for shipping from the USA than it did for the razor. According to Mr. Razor, this is a 1940's Gold Tech. The case has seen better days but the razor is pristine. No plating loss and no scratches on the cap or the base of the handle. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning.
GTech-1.jpg

GTech-2.jpg