2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

g2PhAks.jpeg

Just arrived, (like NOS) 1960 Gillette Executive F3 razor, with razor blade pack (appears unused) and a case that opens and closes as it should with no visible scratches, a couple of "smudge" marks and the 3 tabs in perfect condition.
That is a thing of beauty! Congrats.

Some of you may recall a beautiful "Southern Skies" brush I had made by @Irish of Forgotten Art. That got smashed by a flicked towel, so I asked @TroyTools to make me another, not as a copy, but inspired by the original. I have a bit of a record now of presenting him with challenges, and he's blown them away every time, and this is no exception. This handle is a bit beyond a reflection of an earthly sky, it's more cosmic. To complement it, I have foregone my usual aversion to badgers and opted for a huge 30mm silvertip. Meet "Nebulish" (plus extras turned from the same blank)...

PXL-20240509-055916651-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

A TOB is a joy forever. :smug: As you can see, I've already bloomed the knot a little, but it's going to be a while before it stops hogging lather. All part of the process. Beautiful work, Troy (y)
Wowzers that looks a real stunner!!! Congrats and great work @TroyTools (y)

g2PhAks.jpeg

Just arrived, (like NOS) 1960 Gillette Executive F3 razor, with razor blade pack (appears unused) and a case that opens and closes as it should with no visible scratches, a couple of "smudge" marks and the 3 tabs in perfect condition.
Amazing find. Well done,

Ding dong - Avon calling.

ISMnwUO.jpg

CdajJgC.jpg

From left to right, Blend 7, Tai Winds, Leather, Windjammer, Wild Country, Spicy, and Spicy. All full.
They all smell good - Spicy is very close to vintage Shulton Old Spice. Tai Winds has a Faberge Brut vibe; Wild Country is unashamedly pure '70s macho (as it should be!), Windjammer a bit of a mixed bag, Leather very nice authentic car seat leather, and Blend 7 a nicely blended cologne-style.
Very happy with these.

ISMnwUO.jpg

CdajJgC.jpg

From left to right, Blend 7, Tai Winds, Leather, Windjammer, Wild Country, Spicy, and Spicy. All full.
They all smell good - Spicy is very close to vintage Shulton Old Spice. Tai Winds has a Faberge Brut vibe; Wild Country is unashamedly pure '70s macho (as it should be!), Windjammer a bit of a mixed bag, Leather very nice authentic car seat leather, and Blend 7 a nicely blended cologne-style.
Very happy with these.
A couple of old familiars there for me. The boot leather and the vintage car.
My old car was empty, and missing the spare tyre cap.
The boot leather was nearly full, and still had the chrome plastic clip on heel spur when I sold them at a garage sale forever ago.
Shoulda kept them. I had many more at the time too. Oh well.

ISMnwUO.jpg

CdajJgC.jpg

Very happy with these.
I just love those old Avon decanters. Unfortunately, I only own one, a Jaguar E-Type 2+2.
Jag.jpg